Magical Vacations Travel (2018)

I’m a newbie to this site. Two questions. What is the “Big Book” and if going thru MVT agent, do you have any say in where your room is, or do you just have to take what they give you?

The Big Book is the main Unofficial Guide to Disney World. See link.

If you book through MVT you will get a confirmation and standard reservation which you link to MDE. That way you can make the same room request as any other reservation.

https://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Guide-Disney-World-Guides-ebook/dp/B01NGUH6GK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509567476&sr=8-1&keywords=unofficial+guide+to+walt+disney+world+2018

1 Like

He’s right MVT Limitations are a Standard view room and a maximum of 8 days of park tickets with this package deal. You also get 1 extra such as golf, or a day at the waterpark. You can also add on a Meal plan but there is No savings here. It’s all in the room where the discount occurs. I personally went to Darcy at MVT. I also checked there website and found at least 20 some agents. They can set your vacation up just the same as you could on-line and that is what they usually do. The only way to get the discount mentioned is by doing there convention package and it is not always available for the dates and resort you may have in mind. Go to there site, choose an agent and ask for a quote. It’s that simple.

1 Like

also as stated you can use UOG to check out the standard view rooms at the resort and use UOG to fax a request for the room you wish. This however is Not guaranteed. If you should get this deal via MVT you get a confirmation number issued by Disney Business Dept. They provide this number to your agent at MVT and they provide it to you. You can then take this number and link it to your Disney account if you have one and bring up the information in My Disney Experiences. Link under My Reservations and it should come up. Also you can customize your Magic Band in My Disney Experience but upon completion you make an address change to your address instead of MVT. All correspondence is done on-line via this site or via your agent at MVT. All payments are made via your agent at MVT, DTC can’t even see your reservation as it is made by a different part of the Disney Reservations Dept.

Glad you went ahead! We’ve booked with MVT 3 times. Great experience with Kristin, although you’ll hear lots of good names. From Canada, I plan the dates/times by email with her, call her with my credit card number, and she faxes me a document that I fax back. They’ve always had a pretty reasonable cancellation policy… maybe 5 days out for room bookings? Happy planning!!!

Hi. I am a TA for MVT. I don’t know if its allowed for me to discuss some of the things here or not but I just wanted to clear up some of the confusion. If its not allowed, my apologies. First off, Disney absolutely knows we do this. Our reservations work just like any Disney reservation…you get a confirmation number once you are booked and you can link your reservation to MDE. You can book a room only package. You can also add tickets to these offers. Most of the time dining can be added as well but some dates do not allow for dining. Most of our room offerings are standard view. We can make any room request you would like but nothing is guaranteed. We do have club level rooms with different views. The link above does not work but you can go to www.magicalvacationstravel.com and fill out a vacation request form if you would like to get a free quote or if you have any other questions about our agency exclusives. Thank you!

4 Likes

I totally get your frustration. I’m sorry you got such a crappy agent! If you wanted to give it another try with an agent recommended by liners (I used Cori; Brandi and Jason seem to get a lot of love; Darcy was mentioned above) - it can be worth your while to give it another try. If you’re interested in the biggest savings, be specific that you’re looking for an AGENCY DISCOUNT. I prefer booking ADRs and FPPs myself, so can’t speak to how/if they do that, but I’m not paying for service, I’m paying for cheaper rooms!

1 Like

Just chiming in with agreement. I got a fantastic deal on the room (really!!!), have my MDE luggage tags from WDW and able to make my ADRs as expected. I asked about other services (car, plane, etc.), feeling obliged to at least offer any commissions possible on those. Even if not great deals for me, given the deal on the room I’d have been happy to do so. Darcy said they don’t offer anything special and not to feel obliged.

MVT does one thing very very well and happy doing just that one thing–room reservations. The article link above (and chapter in the 2018 Big Book) explains how it works and why it is fully legit as Mccurleystephanie notes. Like timwarp, I’m perfectly happy assembling all the pieces of my vacation myself. MVT is now my source for room reservations.

will

1 Like

I tried it twice a few weeks ago and never got a response

Thanks, check your inbox for a email from me with some details.

I think MVT has been explained enough out here and thank you Stephanie for your input. The fact is the MVT does give big room discounts at select dates and times. They have been explained in the Big Book and by a number of liners including myself. If you wish a quote go get one. If you tried and MVT agent and did not get a response, try a different one. A number of agent names have been given out here and there are about 30 more that haven’t. I now have two reservations through MVT and the savings on ROOM rates are unbelievable. These rates and the reason they are so low has been explained also. Disney Business Department handles these type of reservation and they are fully on the up and up. Enough said.

I’ve just been on the WDW planning site for a last-minute March trip. When a discount was offered on rooms, I checked to see what I could get and it forced us into a Family Suite at All-Star Music Resort. I was able to price it much cheaper myself as a package at the Coronado and French Quarter resorts. So just be aware if your party is more than 2 adults, 2 children, they might do the same even if your 5th guest is an Infant.

A MVT exclusive rate for a family suite at All Stars Music?

Yes, something doesn’t seem right here. I can’t see MVT forcing anyone into any type of room or suite. Before you book, you are told what your getting and what the package includes. I know that you can expect a standard view room. I guess if you found something better and more to your liking then it is the way to go for you and yours. I have booked two vacations now via MVT and though I haven’t had them yet, Darcy had been great. I suppose MVT isn’t for every situation and they will tell you up front. Sorry you had such problems.

I was told MVT didnt book through all stars. I was trying to stay at sports, but got a great discount through them for POP

Interesting. I wanted POP and got it. From the description they pre-reserve blocks of rooms, so I can see why some place may be available and some not. Glad it worked for you! I’ve stayed at all three All-Star resorts and POP based on availability and if I have a choice gravitate toward POP. Only practical reason is (usually) dedicated buses to the parks versus normally all three All-Star resorts share buses. Have fun!

will

…and forgot, only the Pop Century has (or at least had) the Picnic Burger! Scary, but fun to get.

will

2 Likes

I have started some correspondence with Darcy at MVT to set up my first trip I will be using them, hopefully. We just left WDW on the 6th of February but didn’t try to get the bounce back offer because I hadn’t talked my wife into going back yet. I have convinced her now and we will be going back this time next year. Darcy has let me know that their deals won’t be out for a few months yet but she has responded to me more in 2 days than a previous agent did in 8 months, very much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing what kind of a deal I can get.

4 Likes

yes I have booked my first trip through them and love it so far. and got a good deal

I and my wife will be going to WDW on Mar 1. Finally went via MVT with Darcy because the deal was just too good to turn down. She also clued me into their big fall special and that was WAY TO GOOD to turn down, so we are taking our Grandson on Aug 15th at Poly. This is our first trip using Darcy at MVT and so far she has bent over backwards to answer every question and make such our vacation is set up just right. :sunglasses:

1 Like