Kilimanjaro Safaris... Fastpass+ gone a month before?

I am starting to feel lucky that I got everything I wanted for our trip.,

2 Likes

I am going the last week in August, and it was obvious to me that there was less Kilimanjaro Safari FP+ inventory that week. I booked at 64 days and the earliest KS FP time was 10:40. I donā€™t know if this is an experiment or if an unexpected horde is coming the last week in August.

2 Likes

I wish our friends at Touring Plans could somehow investigate thisā€¦ :blush:

Len posted on chat that there is a decrease in CMs hours mid August and it could impact attractions?

2 Likes

I agree that less CMs hours will affect times and maybe even availability of attractions, but I cannot imagine how would that affect the availability of FP+s a month in advanced; unless they drastically reduced the number of FP+ to accommodate an expected higher volume in lines (Iā€™m not good at parks administration and logistics)ā€¦?

What are CMs?

CMs are cast members. If they are planning on cutting back the staff on attractions that would mean it could impact some attractions. For example Tower of Terror. They will run less elevators, which will mean less FPs and longer stand by lines. I expect it would also mean less d
Safari drivers?

Woohoo!
Iā€™m not the only one who didnā€™t know that - Iā€™m bad at Disney acronyms.
I googled it and deducted that it means ā€œCast Memberā€
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks

Im sure they do that on FOP in animal kingdom 10pm to 12pm when itā€™s Hotel guests only each night

The queues were way shorter than during the day but was taking way longer for the queues to move

Unless I just went on a bad night

You kind of plan thinking itā€™s a better time to queue then find you are no better off

1 Like

I just read on another board the KS FPs have opened up for the end of August. I just checked Aug 26 and 27 and there was a lot of availability for both days. Check it out!

2 Likes

Thanks @Hoyasaxa00! I was just able to pick up a Kilimanjaro Safari FP at a way better time. I appreciate the info.

1 Like

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!
I got my FP+ for 9:00am on the 27th, and all thanks to you!
U rock!

1 Like