It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

I had a similar issue with YC. It defined my pic as a SW view, so it listed the rooms we want overlooking the gazebo and close to lobby but also many more overlooking…trees and a parking lot, I think, quite a bit farther away. I edited the fax to get more specific and added a note.

Being able to do that is a great feature!

1 Like

My split stay problem is fixed. I was able to put both in. Thanks Len and Sarah!

2 Likes

@jec4289, somewhere WAY up near the top of the thread (roughly post #48), @len said that he’s been told that you shouldn’t make requests on both sites because it confuses the people doing requests.

I’m going to do online check in but not put in any room preference. Avoid confusion that way!

1 Like

I think @NeedaTurkeyLeg responded (thanks!), but you shouldn’t do requests both via fax and online check-in. I’m told that it confuses the room assigners, and confusion is bad.

2 Likes

Hmmmm…if you’ve specified search criteria, the rooms we recommend should meet those criteria too. Let me know if not.

2 Likes

thank you @Lentesta and @NeedaTurkeyLeg Online OK requests no

@len, I working up an email right now. Two separate but related room finder issues.

2 Likes

Makes sense! It may not be intuitive to the average user though.
I remember last time after booking the room, when I wanted to make a room request based on the view… I was thinking only about the view!! D’OH!!! Perhaps it needs to be made super-clear that any/all room criteria need to be entered first. (Which also might explain why we didn’t get our room request… user error…)

1 Like

Well you just earned my subscription renewal fee!

1 Like

Thank you. I selected a room as soon as I read about this. Thanks to your automatic fax we are staying in that room tonight at WL!

1 Like

Len, you’re the best!!! This is wonderful.

I had the same issue with WL Woods + Bunk beds - showing rooms there were not bunk beds. I modified it myself.

Two questions. If the reservation was made in my husband’s name, should I use his name on the request fax? I’m the only one with the Touring Plans and MDE account and handling the online (request-free) check-in.

Also, I asked on chat, but this seems like the best place to check! Where do I get the 12 digit reservation number? I know I’ve seen the answer before, but of course I can’t find it now. I can only see the 8 digit number on our reservations. Thank you!!

1 Like

I found the confirmation number in MDE on the “My Reservations” page.

I would you your husband’s name on the request fax. Confusing Disney is bad.

Thanks, Fiel! Mine isn’t showing there. I think I’ll call and see if I can get it that way. I’ll make sure my husband’s name is on the fax. I definitely wouldn’t want to confuse Disney.

@len The type of room I wanted did not have a photo, and so the navigate up/down etc information on the right blocked the text to click to add that room request… does that make sense? Like, I couldn’t see the text underneath to click to request it. Just FYI.

1 Like

Yes, take those out. I’ll ask David to take a look at this. Thanks, everyone, for noticing this!

1 Like

Please help. I tried to follow your fax instructions. My travel dates are in, I picked rooms from hotel room view, but then I was lost when I had to enter information into a text. Where do I enter this info? Sorry - I must be very technically illiterate.

Happy to help. If you click on the “Dashboard” link from any page, you should see your Dashboard.

In the middle of the page near the top, you should see something like “Disney’s Whatever Resort - requesting room: 1234 (edit)”

Click the word “edit” and you should see the fax form. Let me know if you don’t see anything that looks like that, though.

Thanks!

1 Like

What a great feature! Thanks!