It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

As I understand it, no. Just either don’t make any requests when you do it - or make sure they don’t contradict your TP fax request. And DO NOT check the “early arrival is more important” because that likely will override any requests no matter how they are made.

1 Like

We stayed at Bay Lake tower, studio, standard view. I didn’t request a specific room, really, just that, if available, I’d love a nice view to have in the morning from the balcony. We definitely got a nice one, with a view of the monorail, Astro orbiter, the castle, and space mountain straight on. Sure there is a parking lot, but I’m looking out, not down. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another success story for the Touring Plan fax!!!
Stayed at Corando Springs Resort 12/9-12/14/17.
Requested any room in building 8A, close to transportation via the TP fax.
We were assigned 8106! A beautiful refurbished room, 1 minute from a bus stop and a beautiful short 5 minute walk to El Centro! Thank you TP!!!

2 Likes

It worked for us! Stayed at POFQ Dec 14-17. I picked room 4220, and the TP fax worded it (something along the lines of…) Building 4, SW facing room, upper floor such as 4220, 4219, 4221, etc. I did NOT do any online check-in. At check-in, the CM told us our room was in building 4, and quoted items from the fax, such as “upper floor” as she determined which room to give us. She seemed like she was going to put us on second floor (of a three story building) but then said since we had “upper floor” she could put us on third, in 4315. I was very ok with that! It was quiet. This building is the closest to the buses and worked great!

2 Likes

We were in 4318 last year, but requested anywhere along that row. Fantastic location!

1 Like

The fax worked for us. I’m a little late in the game but our stay at BC 11/26-12/2 we requested room 4557 and got 3557. It was beautiful!! We could see fireworks from Epcot and HS each night! Amazing!! Thanks!! I’m so glad I found this wonderful site!!

2 Likes

I’ll report another success story. This time CBR. Requested 4437 or similar corner room in that building (Jamaica). Got 4445 which is corner room on the same hallway.

1 Like

Question regarding this. Are you requesting a specific room or a specific type of room. Ex: I was looking at room 1607 in the Samoa building at the poly. Will the fax say I want that room or just a “first floor garden room”?

1 Like

You request the room you would like mainly from the view shown. Chances are pretty good as you see above, that you probably won’t get that room. Make sure when you fax you state why you would like that room and view. Disney will try to get you one similar to it if they can. With all that there is NO guaranty.

1 Like

It’s also best if when stating what it is about that room you are requesting that you put the reasons in priority order.

For example, for my February stay at Sports, I have something to the effect of

My requests are:
1st priority - Surf’s Up section
2nd priority - top floor
3rd priority - king bed

That way they know what my preferences are and can hopefully start with the first, then assuming that is available move to the second, and if both of those are available move to the third. If I just put them as “my requests are Surf’s Up section, top floor, king bed” while yes, they are in AN order, there is nothing stating that that is my preference order. And sometimes if you haven’t prioritized the requests and all of your requests aren’t available, they’ll just put you wherever because they don’t know what your priorities were.

Also, if you do have a specific room you like, you could also see if there are similar rooms (maybe next door) and then you could say

Samoa building first floor. Prefer Room 1607, 1608, 1609, or 1610

Obviously, the more choices you include, the better.

Room request FAIL :frowning:

I had a standard room booked at Pop for 1/3-7. I requested in my fax these preferences in this order:

1. any refurbished room
  2. if no refurbished room is available, then any room close to transportation.

I wound up with a non-refurb’d room in building 2 of the 50’s section, which seemed just about as far from transportation as possible.

I had accidentally reserved myself a car (another story for another time but it worked out great at $7/day!) so in the end it was fine. But I did find myself, mostly because it was so dang cold, driving to the bus stop on the few occasions I did not drive myself where I was going. I did not want to hoof it all the way back there after a long night in the freezing cold.

Mainly we have had about a 50% success rate with the faxing service so we’ll keep using it. But put this one in the fail column.

i understand that the fax is sent 5 days before check in. is this sufficient if people are doing online check in and submitting their requests a few weeks in advance?

I don’t think On-line check-in has much to do with the room you want. I believe they ask disability questions but there is no where I know to ask for a particular room. As you stated, your fax request goes to Disney’s resort fax 5 days before your arrival. Therefore if you create it two weeks before, you should be fine. Like OBNurseNH stated, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I have found that you very rarely get the room you request but upon check-in you can state you do not like the room you have been assigned and they will try their best to accommandate your wishes.

1 Like

Rooms are assigned within the five day period.

2 Likes

I think this thread shows that it’s not very rare - I have had the specific room and when I asked for one of 3, I got one of those.

I might have been able to get a room more to my liking, who knows. But I went straight from MCO to MK so I could kick off my trip with HEA (arrived 10 mins before showtime! Yessss!!) and by the time I got to Pop later it was almost midnight. I wasn’t worrying about room assignment then. My room was fine - it was clean, super quiet, and what I paid for. It just was not refurb’d or close to transport which I totally get is just a request and sometimes they cannot meet those.

Request fail/success for me
I stayed at Pop Dec 4-11 and requested a refurb room, on first floor in the 80’s building. When I arrived I was in the 90’s building and on the 2nd floor. Our room wasn’t ready yet so I asked if there was any other rooms available. Ultimately we ended up in the 70’s Building 10 on the 4th floor but right next to the elevators and it was great being closer to transportation and classic hall made our stay much more enjoyable.

Request Fail :frowning:

We check in to AKL today and requested 3486 off Zebra Trail or something close. I just got the email saying our room is ready all the way across the resort on Ostrich Trail. This is our third fail at AKL. On a positive note I’m hoping going to the front desk upon arrival will produce a better result.

Update- The front desk was able to put me in one of the rooms I had requested. It was necessary for me to stay in the assigned room for one night before they moved me to my ideal location. When I told the girl at the front desk about my requests she said she didn’t see anything noted. When I told her I had faxed my request, her response was that she doesn’t think they pay any attention to those… ugh!

Sometimes I believe the faxes just kind of ties them off and they purposely give you a room opposite from where you request or just plumb throw the fax in the garbage. I have never yet got what I requested. On the other hand it give you something to go on when you go to the front desk and show them your request and ask just why it was so hard to fulfill it. Some have had good luck with the fax while others say it’s been a waste of time. I still put one in just in case. :thinking: