It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

I would use what is showing in My Disney Experience. Disney changed the numbers awhile ago, I had the same issue and found that the new number what what disney looks at.

1 Like

Depends how bothered you are, but the more specific the request, the less likely you are to get it. Saying that, at POFQ I asked for one of a specific 5 or 6 rooms and got one of them. I’d explain why you want the area you request, so that if they haven’t got your request available, they can put you somewhere similar.

2 Likes

Stayed at BWV last week and got our EXACT room request. Also sent in a separate request for my brother’s family and they ended up next door. Best fax request yet

2 Likes

Stayed at the VGF last week - requested 1518 and got 1612, which was actually great as a the 6th floor has no “wing rooms” and the balcony ends up being super private.

1 Like

We have just returned from a quick 4-night trip, and we got the room that was right next door to our request. Room 6022 in the Wilderness Lodge - it was everything that we had hoped for. We sent some current pictures since the construction is finished and the view is even better. Awesome room - awesome stay!

4 Likes

I would like to request a room at the WL we have booked courtyard view king bed, but there is only garden or woods view king bed. Which one is courtyard view? thanks

Help please. We stayed at saratoga (SSR) last year and stayed in springs. We are returning next year and would love to stay in same area however now believe this is a preferred area for DVC members.
What happens if we request this section via touring plans, but only booked a standard room? We are in the UK and travel agent says cant book these preferred locations.

You’ll generally only get an upgrade if they’ve oversold your room category. It’s not worth requesting what you haven’t booked, as you almost certainly won’t get it, and then the room assignees won’t know what your preferences are.

1 Like

Success at Kidani! Requested lower floor near transportation. The specific room I selected was 7214, though I deleted that from the fax. Got 7308, which we actually like being a floor higher better.

1 Like

Hi, all, long time TP user, first time forum poster!

We have a big family group (12 people) staying at AoA New Year’s week. I am managing both room reservations. Is there a way to input two reservations into the room request feature, so we have a better chance of being placed near each other?

Thanks!

Howdy!

The easiest way is to put both reservation numbers into the text section of the fax request. The room assigners will understand what you’re trying to do.

Let us know how it goes, please. Thanks for using the site!

Thanks, Len!

I’ll do that. I’ve used the fax service several times on solo trips, and it has worked well.

Second half of split stay I guess I will call a success. Booked a Value Studio at AKL. Fax noted our celebrations (honeymoon and new spouse’s birthday). Never got a room ready text…when we got here we were told we were upgraded to Savanna View studio. We can see our Kidani room from this room (which is not a bad thing). Have giraffes right in front of our balcony!

2 Likes

My room request was faxed earlier this week and I just realized that I had the wrong check-in date listed (have a room-only the night before at a different resort and had THAT check-in date on the fax). Is there a way to re-send my fax or would that mess things up even more? So annoyed with myself! :frowning:

Just got back from poly. Booked a lake view dvc studio. Requested 3rd floor, room 3027. Got 3rd floor room 3029. Amazing views! Another success story :+1:

1 Like

Success! Just came back from POP, where I got the exact room requested in Building 9, first floor -
Room 9159. (Request was for 9160,9159,9158,9157,9156,9155,9154,9153) . Chose it based on wanting a renovated room, closest to the walkway to Disney Transportation and facing quiet vegetation.

Only 2 notes -Our renovated room was shower-only. That was not clear from from any of the room descriptions I’d seen. Not a big deal for us, travelling with no-kids, but would have been nice to know (I missed soaking my sore feet). Also, asking for a specific set of rooms meant waiting for our room that wasn’t available until 4:30pm - but the delay was worth it for me to have a renovated room with a coffee maker. Will post a full trip report soon.

3 Likes

Delete and re-do the fax, and it should work. Sorry for the delay responding - on the road.

I have a reservation at Saratoga for a 2 bed room lock off, when I put that in on the room request form, it shows rooms including those at The Springs. I don’t have a ‘preferred’ 2 bedroom, however is it possible to get into the springs with a 2 bedroom lock off? Also, if you have the lock off do you have to put both rooms in the request? Thanks for the info. I used this service for my Boardwalk reservation back in Jan and got just what I asked for.

We checked in to Wilderness Lodge today and got the exact room we asked for. 6054 (Standard room with a view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks)! I love it!

4 Likes

If the regular 2-BRLO are occupied, they’ll move you to The Springs. But I wouldn’t count on it.

You only need to specify one of the room numbers for the fax - the Room Assigners know what you mean.