It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Awesome! Thanks!!

Hello! How do I request a room thru Touringplans within a block of rooms, vs. just a specific room itself? I don’t want to limit my chances by just requesting one certain room - I’d rather define a block and hopefully increase my luck.
Ex. Pop Century, room 9237 looks good: would like a refurb room, 2nd floor, facing away from parking lot, close to transportation. The block of rooms that would also fit this request would be 9237 thru 9260.
Thanks! Sherri

1 Like

Select a room on the site and then hit the “Configure FAX” button on the dashboard. You’ll have some verbiage like:
“Bldg Disney’s Yacht Club Resort,Flr 3,SE-facing room.Exmple:3177,3175,3179,3173”. You can then edit that to cover precisely what you want. Frankly exactly what you put in your example may make the most sense.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying-I was concerned TP would request the specific room while I was requesting the block of rooms area-didnt realize they would send only the fax. I’ve set up the fax request-wish me luck :blush:

Somewhere within this thread Len explained that they don’t see the 1 specific room you add in the “requesting room” box. They see the list of rooms that are in the box just under the sentence “For our upcoming stay, we’d like to request this type of room:” along with the info you write in the bo under “additional special requests”.
When you click on a specific room, it will capture a block of rooms that are simular to and including the one you selected. You can change the list of rooms to include any room numbers you want to show.
Some resorts are more receptive to the faxes than others. We have had great success with getting one of the rooms that we requested at POP through the TP fax in our past 4 trips. Unlike Caribbean Beach Resort. Pixie dust to you!

1 Like

Thank you!! :slight_smile:

That’s great to hear! We arrive on Friday for our first stay at POP!

It worked for us!!! Requested POP 80’s and got our refurbished room VERY close to our TP configured fax, only one floor down! AND a little extra pixie dust…we got a king room which wasn’t even part of the request! I did add to the text that we were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary.

1 Like

I included that detail when DH and I went solo last year. King for a couple on their anniversary just makes sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to add a kudos to this service. We are leaving on Sunday, and until yesterday, thought we were going to PoP. The faxed request was sent, and then we got a last-minute great deal on WL, so switched over. Not only did a new fax get sent, but I received an e-mail reassuring me that it would happen. Love love love this service!!

1 Like

Wanted to report that we got our fax requested rooms.
I requested POP Century Building 9 4th floors Connecting rooms and put an example of 9468-69 or 9446-47. We got 9446-47.
So I say that our request was fulfilled exactly :slight_smile: I did not add anything to online checkin because it was glitched and would not give room request options.

3 Likes

@len, I was wondering if king rooms are still accurate in the TP room finder for the new refurbished rooms at Coronado Springs? I just want to choose a room that is in the “room requesting” section that matches my room category. Also, In the area of the fax that says “For our upcoming stay, we’d like to request this type of room” can I just remove all the room numbers and just show the building name and number?
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

You can definitely remove the room numbers and word your request however you like in the free text box.

1 Like

Requested building 6, first floor, in the 70’s at POP close to Classic Hall in range of 6113-6119, got 2nd floor building 6, room 6233. It was not far from my request on the fax. Also did online check in and asked for first floor, 70’s section.

1 Like

Question: I’m about ready to do “Online Check in” on MDE and pick out and select my room here on TP. I’ve seen a few comments on here about " not doing online check in" or adding notes on the fax request. This is my first time doing online check in (didn’t have it I believe 3 years ago the last time we went to WDW) or TP. My request is pretty simple as all I really want is bldg 4 in POFQ but should I stick to one request or use both MDE and TP? Thanks!

You can check in online but it’s best not to complete room requests there if you’re doing a fax too. From what I remember last year, my choices at POFQ were something like upper floor, first floor and quiet room, so nothing really helpful anyway.

1 Like

yeah, mine was just " near transportation" and I figured on TP I’d just ask for building 4 ground floor.

1 Like

Learn from my mistake, fortunately one I caught just in time. Double check the number you put in your Fax for Reservation #, and make sure it’s your Disney confirmation number. I was checking my Fax a couple of days before it is to be sent and realized I had put my original Undercover Tourist Reservation # in the form a few months ago!

Fixed and now crossing my fingers for a renovated room at POP!

Speaking of Disney Confirmation #…
On My Disney Experience it shows a “Confirmation # 10XXXXXX” (eight digits long) but on any email correspondence that I get from Disney, (not a travel agent) it shows the same confirmation # PLUS a resort reservation #: 46XXXXXXXXXX (12 digits long). Which one should I put in the “Reservation #” space in my TP fax?
Thank you in advance!

What would you recommend? just showing "Cabanas 8A or Ranchos 7A) or would you list a few rooms? I don’t want to limit myself.