It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

@len, Hi Len, hoping for some guidance as I get my room request ready for our December trip.
I’m at CSR this year (first timer at CSR) and I know that CSR is going through alot of refurbs.

• Do we know if the rooms that have been refurbed are still updated on touring plans room finder with the correct information in regards to king vs queen beds?
  • Would it do me any good to show a king bed as one of my requests knowing that king is a bookable option at CSR?
    Thank you so much for always being here to help us!
1 Like

When I look at the list of rooms to choose from I don’t see any rooms with views of the character statues that I’ve seen in pictures of the Art of Animation hotel or the pool. Is there a reason for that? Thanks so much

I just went on and randomly selected a room facing the pool - there was no photo from that exact room but there was one from a few rooms down which said it was an approximate view.

Touring plans sent me an alert that my request was faxed to the Grand Floridian, when I got to the resort, they said that there were no faxes or requests of any kind for me. Sad.

I’m sorry to hear that. It looks like they got your fax request. I’m not sure why it wasn’t fulfilled.

No worries Len. Just thought you guys should know just incase there was something on your end. I wasn’t sure where to send the message so I just posted it here hoping you guys would see it. Thanks for replying so soon. Been buying the unofficial guide almost every year for the past 20 years and love what touring plans and the unofficial guide does to help me out.

I got a room specified in my request! This is the first time in three tries so I am very happy.

My request at Pop was for

Bldg 1960s,Flr 2,N-facing room. Exmple:5264,5263,5265,5262,5266,5261,5267,5268

We got 5268

4 Likes

Room request fax worked for me too!!! I requested and received room 6121 at Contemporary’s Garden Building for our trip last week (used TP suggested language to note that we would be happy with any ground floor (patio) room on that hall as they all have lake views) I was thrilled to receive the exact room we requested as it was listed as a quieter room and it was a shorter walk to the main building and pool.

Thanks so much for this service!!!

3 Likes

requested 3rd floor, rarotonga, north facing at poly. knew it was going to be a long shot since we had a Tuesday arrival and 3 rooms. They put us all together on the 3 floor in Fiji, which was an excellent location. sent photos to the TP photo address. Thanks Len, for everything!

Ah, I like 3rd floor Fiji a lot. Thanks for the photos too!

No success for my trip 8/23-9/3.

It was a split stay, GF, Polynesian and BCV

For GF I requested 9406 in Big Pine Key and received 8406 in Boca Chica. That was fine they were close enough.

For Polynesian I requested Tokelau preferably an upper floor. We ended up in 2008 in Moorea. I actually loved the location. It was very quiet and a quick walk to TTC.

For BCV I requested 210 facing the quiet pool. We got 246 facing the road, not a great view and the sound of cars and buses all day long isn’t very magical. Plus there was always someone smoking on their balcony when we went out. We didn’t spend much time on the balcony.

1 Like

Room Request Slam Dunk for our stay at AKL 9/1-5

After enjoying AKL Jambo 2033 so well last time for its proximity to buses, quick service, and pool, we booked standard view again and requested any room in the block of rooms in that area (approximately 2018-2036?) on either 2nd or 3rd floor with a strong preference for any such room with bunk beds. I don’t have the precise verbiage of my fax - is there a way to find it?

Anyway, we wound up with 3030 which is actually a pool view with bunks and is within that block (so still mega close to buses). I was thrilled!

I see you already have a room view photo but I do have three additional if you would like me to send them along.

Thanks for the service!!

1 Like

Request to POFQ – Aug 28-31
Fax: Bldg 3, Outer Corner room, near elevator. Example: 3141, 3140, 3240 or 3241

We got room 3240. :+1: And she mentioned the room request when I checked in so I know they received the fax & used it. I did not check in online.

I gave a list of rooms instead of just one because I felt we would have a higher chance of being granted one on my list or a similar room instead of just any if the one I wanted wasn’t available.

The real test will be in January during marathon weekend to see if I get one of the rooms I request at the same resort! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I did not get my requested room for my room at AKL. Not the same floor, not even the same savanna . AKL is just not impressing me as much as it used too. No welcome home when I got off MDE. Luggage took almost 7 hours to arrive and did not get there until 1:30am.

:open_mouth:

What were your dates? What time did your flight arrive?

I’m always shocked when people have such a wildly opposing experience than we do.

Actually, still here just taking a break at the hotel.

9/6-9/10 Arrived at 6:30pm

Ah, a late arrival like that I would never let DME take my bags. Anything from about 6pm on I take my own. It’s lousy that you had to wait so long for luggage…

I wonder if things are amok because of the storm coming? We were there 9/1-5, got a beautiful Welcome Home, room ready wihtin the hour and bags there waiting for us.

I hope your experience improves.

My room request fax for a first floor Polynesian room worked! I’m glad I didn’t request a specific building, had never been before. We received Raratonga which was so central to the pools and Ceremonial house. The first floor made it so easy and loved the patio.
Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Got a message that my fax request to Yacht Club failed… It said I could fax myself and they will keep trying?

How do I know why if failed?

The Yacht Club fax machine didn’t pick up. We’ll re-try it again in a couple of hours. If it doesn’t work by morning, we’ll call Yacht Club to ask them to check on it. We’ll update you on the status, too, either way.

1 Like