It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

There are some rumors that the view changes are already taking effect at the Polynesian. I made a comment to the desk CM about it, and she seemed to indicate that it hadn’t happened yet. But I’m not sure if I believe that, because it seems like all of the people lately who requested marina or pool views but were booked at standard have not gotten their requests. I was one of them. The last two years, I requested Fiji third floor marina view, and was granted that request both times. This year, that was my first request as well, and Rarotonga third floor facing the pool was my second request. I got Rarotonga. I know it’s all based on availability too, and to be honest, there were several advantages to that third floor Rarotonga room (hello, partial fireworks view!).

We stayed one night at POFQ and got the building and floor I requested there.

HI,
We’re going to WDW in March, very excited to see this tool, until…WAIT what??? NO Swan or Dolphin??? MEH! I know they aren’t Disney owned Hotels, but they are on Disney property, and it would be great to see the rooms listed. As much as I would love to stay at one of the Disney resorts, the ability to use our Starwood points and stay practically free for 7 nights can’t be beat. So, any chance you’ll add the Swan and Dolphin to your room viewer and automatic fax?

If the category isn’t available to book yet, which it isn’t, then standard bookings are still in those rooms. I guess it’s because they are so popular that people aren’t getting their requests.

Oh well, doesn’t hurt to try!

1 Like

How do I use this tool?! I know it’s late but I must be missing something???

As long as you’ve stated that it’s your second choice and not just randomly put another room number, that’s fine. You can put in things like the reasons you’ve requested a particular room, or anything you are celebrating on the trip. But you don’t have to.

If you have a trip set up on your dashboard, click on the name of your hotel and it takes you to the room views. Narrow that down by type of room booked/ proximity to pool, transportation etc and the map highlights suitable rooms. By selecting them, you can see the view. When you find one you like, there’s a button to request that room. Then there’s a fax request form which prepopulates with the number, and you add your name and reservation number. There’s also a free text box.

You can do all this at any time before your trip, and it will be faxed 5 days before you go.

1 Like

Here is a great Touring Plan Blog Post with directions.

2 Likes

awesome!

1 Like

My fax for Music just went out. If they see the touringplans.com email address, what are they odds they have me camping in the woods?

5 Likes

Hello len! I have a question for you… I’m 5 days out today… can I still make the request? also, when are room assignments done? I’ve read someplace that someone called to make the request and the CM told that person their room number over the phone… that doesn’t happen right?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I sent the request this morning and I have already received a fax confirmation!

1 Like

We arrive on Sunday at Fort Wilderness and I just found this service! I have had touring plans for months! I sent the request this morning and already have a confirmation. Try it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are all going to come and point—hey look its that man who fax bombs us everyday! I wonder if real people use a fax still or just touring plans and disney

1 Like

I posted this in the WDW topic but thought I may get help here! :blush:

AngieandWillie
10h
So, DH and I arrive at POP 9/29…standard pool view room. My main goal is a refurb room in building 9 (though if I could be picky, my wish list would be building 9, top floor, non-connecting room​:wink:Unrealistic, I know). Anyway, my TP fax is configured for 9401 (or that vicinity).
My potential problem…I did online check in with my first preference '80s section and my second preference highest floor. I went back to check my selection later, and it had highest floor as my first preference… I switched them. After having this happen several times over the last couple of weeks, I removed the highest floor and had 80’s as my only request. As of this morning it is continuing to default to highest floor as first preference and 80’s as second (which I never entered)!!!:rage: What should or can I do!!! Can I undo the online check in? I know some say not to do both, but I did last year at POR and got my exact request. Please help! :flushed:

I’d write something like “Ignore my online room preferences please” at the top of the fax. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got my room request at AKL. I did not ask for a specific room but to be close to the pool and lobby in an upper floor. Upper floor first room off the lobby elevator view of the pool. Awesomeness!

4 Likes

Did not get my exact room at AS Music. Asked for 3rd floor Country 5653 (down the hall from the room that I put in the Unofficial Guide every year as the best value room at WDW). Got 2nd floor Country, building 6.

1 Like

Just got back from POFQ. We had three rooms and got the exact location I requested! Thank you!

1 Like

Just a regular guy with a regular fax request :wink:

My TA called and had all online preferences removed. I’ll just stick with the TP fax and hope for a renovated room!