It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Thanks Len! That is clear! I’ve never used the form before so wasn’t sure that was an option! I will try this!

Thank you for making this tool!

Room request worked perfect!! Requested 6024 at WL, got 6026!! Amazing view!

7 Likes

Wow, that is a really good view. Have a super time :smile:

Recently back from a 4 night stay at the Poly. We used the Touring Plans room request fax for Tokelau 3914 with connecting rooms and was able to get next door rooms 3918 and 3919. Thanks so much for the help.

5 Likes

Fax request for adjoining rooms at Contemporary Garden Wing for one Standard View reservation and one Handicap Wheelchair accessible reservation. Did not ask for specific rooms. While the Handicap room had an adjoining door the adjoining room was not considered a Standard view and we were not placed next door, but across the hall and one room down. Still a success as it didn’t bother us to not have the connecting room. When our reservation was booked MDE showed the adjoining room request in grey. After the fax was sent, I checked MDE a few days later and the adjoining room request had been removed from MDE. This served as my notification that I wasn’t getting the adjoining room. Upon check in, I was given both room numbers and verified the room assignment was due to the room categories.

@boo427 - I’ve heard that adjoining in hotel speak means nearby, while connecting means rooms that have a shared door inside to connect them. If you asked for adjoining and got a room down the hall, they may have thought that filled your request.

Valid point. The reason I don’t believe that this was the issue in my case was I confirmed at Check In if it was possible to have the rooms be connected and was told no due to the room category for my reservation being Standard View. I didn’t push the issue and just took what was assigned. We were fine with our accommodations. It actually allowed my parents to have a little more quiet time than if the rooms were connected and their view of the pool/water was great while I enjoyed watching the monorail from our porch.

I follow the instructions but in the window with the picture of the view, the upper right corner says this “Want to request this room? Click the request room link on your trip dashboard!” I go back to dashboard, click request room, and get the same thing. Can anyone help?

Once you click on the “request this room” you should return to the dashboard and hit “edit fax”. That is where you add your reservation info.

“request this room” link is not what is listed in the upper right hand corner. Instead it says “Want to request this room? Click the request room link on your trip dashboard!”

Try these directions How to Send A Hotel Room Request to Disney – Automatically! | TouringPlans.com Blog

Since this is the long thread on fax requests, I’m jumping in here to see if anyone has feedback. We’re discussing on the other recent thread that cast members at the AKL may have received direction to ignore TP fax requests. Has anyone heard anything similar or had recent experiences in not getting their rooms? I’m arriving in less than three weeks, so now I’m getting a little nervous.

Any input?

I’ve just looked at recent AKL requests and the actual room photos sent in by those Liners. They seem to be either exactly the room requested, one of the other choices, or very close (e.g., same room, one floor up or down).

I hear the 'Disney is throwing out faxes" thing frequently. And my response is always “Does it sound likely to you that Disney would ignore a customer, paying thousands of dollars, because of the way a request was sent?”

Imagine the conversation between the guest and CM: “Yes, we got your room request and read it. We ignored it because of the way you sent it.”

Where does that conversation go from there? What kind of response would Disney expect to happen, not only right there, but in post-trip surveys and social media? And is all of that worth ignoring maybe a handful of faxes per hotel per day, in the overall scheme of things?

1 Like

I agree with your logic, but I don’t have to imagine the conversation you described. I actually had it last month with an AKL cast member. It was our first stay at AKL, and first non-positive experience resulting from a TP room request fax (still a fan of the service, BTW).

Maybe it was an isolated incident. I hope so. However, without elaborating lets just say that I’m a difficult person to lie to successfully. I believe that the CM I spoke to believed what he or she was saying. (Both pronouns used to protect the innocent.)

I’ve heard “we don’t accept faxes” as an excuse for “we couldn’t/didn’t get your room request” too. It shifts the blame to a third party (us) who isn’t there to discuss it. I don’t think it happens often.

Thanks Len. That’s reassuring, and your logic makes sense. I hate to put too much emphasis on a room request for the trip. Sounds like the odds are good it will work out for the most part.

Any advice on Yacht Club? I would like a 2 Queen w/Daybed room. Ideally we would have a recently renovated room so I think I should request a room on 4th floor. Do all 4th floor 2 Queen rooms also have a daybed? I’m not picky on the view. Should I request a specific room or just give a description of the room I would like?
Thanks so much!

@len I agree with third party comment. I’m not aware of any other service similar to the TP fax request. We are a very select group of individuals who obsess over our room assignment before even checking in. I can only reference my most recent experience with my non-specific room request of an adjoining room to a Handicap room from a few weeks ago. It was very evident that the room assigner at Contemporary received my fax request and clearly made a modification to my Online Check In request on my MDE account. In my opinion there was no way that the CM at the front desk on line check had anything to do with the room assignment other that to confirm our request of an adjoining was not fulfilled due to the reservation room category.

3 Likes