It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Just wanted to let you know this worked for us.

POP, 10/31/16 - 11/8/16. 10 people. 3 standard rooms.

Checked in online via MDE and our two requests were adjoining rooms and lake view.

On room request fax asked for the following: “Our wishes in order of importance 1) Adjoining rooms, connecting, if possible, 2) Lake view, 3) Top floor, 4) 50s or 70s building”

I did not put in a specific room request.

We received rooms 4454, 4455, and 4456.

All adjoining. 4454 and 4455 connected.

Lake view. Some trees, but could see DHS and Epcot fireworks if we happened to be there. :slight_smile:

Top floor. So quiet!

And we ended up in the 60s building, which worked out great as it was closer to the food court and bus stops.

All in all, perfect! Thank you!

2 Likes

This is great to hear, especially for 3 rooms. Thanks very much for the feedback @korenclark.

Len

Hi, we checked in to All Star Sports today. We are traveling with 4 rooms. Two of the rooms were reserved by my parents and in-laws, the other two by my husband and I online. We later called and got them “linked”, we were told, because it’s us and our 4 kids. We requested 2314 through the TP fax using my reservation number, but I also listed the 3 other reservation numbers in the body of the fax. I mentioned that our top priority was 2 connecting rooms for the nuclear family, then quiet rooms which we thought meant an upper floor room on the side of the building away from common outdoor areas, 4 rooms total near each other, and close to the parking lot since we are using our own vehicles, in that order. I checked in online, and saw the CM who “linked” them previously had already chosen connected, and I added highest floor. When we checked in, the CM at the front desk was quite concerned because our rooms weren’t connected. We spent awhile waiting for her to try to fix it, but ended up they couldn’t reassign us. So we were going to do room swap the next day. We went to our rooms, which are 3322 and 3323, which ARE connecting! And my parents are right next door. My inlaws check in tomorrow. Huge success, thank you for the fax and all the room info. I’m not sure why the poor CM at the front desk thought we weren’t connecting when we are. We’ll stop by tomorrow and see if she’s there so we can let her know.

2 Likes

Yay! Thanks for the update.

We got most of our room information from Disney. It doesn’t surprise me that the CMs might not know about connecting rooms. I think the system they use, is either (1) not always accurate; or (2) not easily understood.

How’d the rest of your trip go?

Thank you to touring plans for the fantastic room request feature. Just came back from 8 nights at the Polynesian. Requested 3rd floor Tokelau building, room 3914, got 3rd floor Tokelau building, room 3908. The view of Cinderella’s castle from my “standard” view studio was much appreciated. Just as a side note, I did put in the same request through DVC member services via email as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the information. I’ve used TP before, but just recently found the forums. And I could read the threads for hours. :slight_smile:
I have one question:
Is there any way to tell which standard rooms at All Star Sports have king size beds? It looks like the drop down only allows you to choose king as a preferred room.

I believe this is because the king beds are only in the preferred buildings.

1 Like

Oops disregard. We were at Pop not ASSp

Another TP Room Fax Request success. Requested Building One 2nd or 3rd Floor with a preference for room 1208 or 1308 through TP Fax at POFQ and requested corner room early check in via MDE. Received a text that room wasn’t ready around 10:00 am. We arrived at POFQ just after 11:00 am and went to online check in. While eating lunch received text that room 1208 was ready just after 12:00 pm.

2 Likes

Morning, has anyone had any success at Bay lake Tower? And do you think your request success for a certain room number improves if you have upgraded the dining plan and also to a 3 week ticket? Just trying to work out our chances lol.
Thanks. Louise

I’m sure people have had success at BLT @lea2124. Let me know if there’s anything we can help with.

My guess is that the room assigners look only at room availability when looking at room requests, probably because looking at anything else would take more time. :slight_smile:

We had a split stay after Thansgiving. The fax request for our first resort, Yacht Club, worked perfectly. We got the room next door to our request. It was perfect, Thank you TouringPlans! The second request at Poly, however, was a whole different story. Not only weren’t we anywhere close, but it was almost like they took everything we asked for and gave us the opposite. We asked for a first floor room near lobby on garden side. They gave us a third floor room on the opposite side of resort from lobby, looking out on a parking lot. We did get them to change us to 1st floor in the building we requested, but we had to wait until 5pm to check in and the room smelled so strongly of body odor, we had to be moved again anyway. It was a DVC stay, though…and I’m starting to see that once they have you locked in by DVC purchase they really dont care what you want or need after that anyway.

Ah, that’s not good to hear about the Poly.

I wonder if the Poly’s now much-smaller size is having an effect on room requests? It could be that with so many rooms now allocated to DVC, there’s simply less available for requests. I’m going to keep an eye on this. Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you!! Our room request fax you sent turned out perfect! We had requested Building 10, first floor, room 160 and 159 at Pop Century. We got 160 and 138. Both in building 10 and both on the first floor. Success! Thank you for this service!

3 Likes

I forgot to add a fax request to my dashboard until today. I check in on Thursday, which is in three days. Is it too late?

It’ll get sent shortly @Jessimommy. The 5-day window is just the start. We’ll send faxes up until the day before check-in.

Good luck, and please let me know how it goes!

Thank you @len. I will let you know what happens!

I think I’ve read how to handle this before, but I can’t find the post now. We are checking in to the Poly for a night and then our package for our longer stay there starts the next day. The reservations are linked, but how should I handle the TP fax request. Do I start with the one night stay and note the longer stay or vice versa?

We’ve always had great luck with the fax request! Thanks again!

Hey @VioletD - Yes, that’s what I’d do: note both reservation numbers in one fax, starting with your first (one-night) stay. They’ll know what to do.

Good luck, and please let me know how this works!

Thanks, Len! I’ll do that and let you know how it works out.