It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Staying at Coronado Springs at the moment. Requested 8145, got 8144. I call that a win! Steps from the Dig Site and not too far from the bus stop or El Centro. We are very happy!

4 Likes

We just checked into the Poly today. We requested Tokelau 3912 and we got 3911. We can see the magic kingdom from our balcony. Success! First time here and we love it.

5 Likes

Thanks @ccausey! If you have a chance, would you mind sending in a photo of the view from that room?

1 Like

Well, We just got our room assignment for CBR.
I requested ground floor, close to a bus stop and Jamaica or Martinique if at all possible. I listed them in that order. I included about 10 rooms that I thought would work best for us and explained in the fax that my mom is in a wheelchair and It would help tremendously if we could be close to a bus stop and a ground floor was a must since she can’t climb stairs and Jamaica or Martinique would be icing on the cake. We are a party of 5 so I know that can limit us a bit. Our room assignment that we received was 4159 :astonished: Jamaica, 2nd floor as far from a bus stop as you can get. So the only request I got was my third one. In the email I got there was a number to call if we needed assistance so I picked up the phone and talked to a super sweet CM and before I could say ZIPPADEDOODA she had us reassigned to 4520! Not any of the rooms that were in my list but it will work great! I won’t call my fax as a fail since we did get Jamaica but I’m not sure if they read the actual fax since ground floor was my first request. Ohhh, and I also chose ground floor during on line check in (no other choice) and I had my reservation noted ground floor, close to bus stop and Jamaica 44/45 or Martinique 22. Sooo none of the requests for a ground floor worked. It’s all fixed now and we are on our way to the airport now!

2 Likes

Got the exact room requested at CBR. Room 4556. Used online check in and was specific about corner room in Jamaica. On the TP Fax request, I asked for 4556, but also gave several other room choices and mentioned, Jamaica building 45 corner room, close to bridge. TP Room Fax request for the win!

2 Likes

Does that room have the pull down bed? Thank you.

1 Like

No, just two queens. I do believe that some of the rooms on the same wing do have the pull down. Our room did have the adjoining door though.

Thank you!

We checked in to Coronado Spings last night. We had made our reservation for a queen bed, standard view room. We requested room 8222 (building 8A) or similar (8221, 8220) on the fax. On the online check in form I put high floor and Cabanas area as my number one and two requests. So my requests did not go against each other.

After a 20 hour journey to WDW from Norway, so tired we could hardly keep our eyes open, we were assigned room 7101. That’s a first floor room in building 7A, as far away from 8222 as you can get no matter how you measure. I told the CM about our fax and how important it was for us to stay on a high floor and close to the Dig site. After about an hour of trying to give us something better (they say they’re sold out) they said they’ll move us to building 8A tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers that this change goes smoothly, because so far nothing on this trip really has. (to be continued). But we’re in Disney, right?:grinning: So I’ll stop being grumpy now.

1 Like

Update: The Disney magic worked to the best for us after all! We have now been moved to an even better room than the one we requested :blush: We are in 8671, on the 2. floor in building 8B, which I suspect is a lagoon view, whereas we only paid for a standard view. It is sooo much nicer than the one we had. The bathroom in our original room was run down, this looks remodeled. And the location is great! So the fax service worked - even if we had to stay one night in a not so great room. There is no way they would have given us this room if it wasn’t for the fax (which they seemed embarrassed to have overlooked yesterday). So thank you so much for the fax service, @len! :grinning:

2 Likes

I just wanted to update with our experience. We arrived last month, on 9/1. We stayed at POR and had purchased a river view room. I requested a few different ground floor rooms in building 27 and I tried to spruce it up with it being our first visit in 6 years, celebrating mine and my husbands birthdays. There are not many river view rooms in AB- the only building I didn’t want was 38 as it was far from everything (I did not add this to the request). While at the airport I received the text that we were in building 38. I was SO bummed on that flight, but ended up just going with it and didn’t ask to be changed. We were pretty far from the food service area so drink refills were hard, but overall we had a good stay anyway. I’m not sure we would do a river view again- I really upgraded to that hoping we would end up in a preferred building with a nice view. Next time we will just go with preferred and will likely get a parking lot view! :slight_smile: Anyway- no real complaints, but the fax request didn’t work for us at all.

2 Likes

Another success story here! We requested 3303 at POFQ and got 3301 which was actually a corner room that seemed like a mini upgrade to us. I had put that quiet was my highest priority (for afternoon naps) and I swear that I felt like we were the only family at the resort. We really never ever saw or heard anyone on the hallways and I heard maybe 1 or 2 very distant flushes each morning. We could see the parking lot but also mostly looked at the Courtyard which is the best I usually expect from a Standard view.

The only negative thing (not fax request related) was that I had requested a Pack N Play on the phone and via the online check in and that was not in our room when we arrived. It took over 30 minutes to get to us as well when I called which was unfortunate. I don’t know what the point is to reserve one in advance if you still have to wait for them to take their time delivering it to your room!

2 Likes

I updated my request with my reservation number etc, but I thought I had all day to do so and it said to have it done by noon. Its 12:30 now. How can I find out if it was faxed after I updated my info?

The room request fax didn’t work for us unfortunately. We checked into CBR and did not get anything like what I requested. In order of priority I wanted 1) connecting rooms with my parents, 2) Aruba or Jamaica village and 3) first floor. We got Barbados, 2nd floor (with a stoller and no elevator) and the rooms were not connecting.

We’ll send you a notice when it has faxed, too.

Rats. Thanks for the update though, and please let me know how the rest of the trip goes.

After spending 45 minutes at the front desk and being politely persistent they were able to find connecting rooms after repeatedly telling us they didn’t have any available. Still Bermuda and second floor though. But we are happy with what we got and just have to walk to longer to a different bus pickup so we aren’t picked up when the bus is already full. The front desk surprised us with 3 anytime fast passes for the following day which was wonderful. After being made fun of for my detailed touring plans yesterday by the end all 3 families in our group were singing their praises when we got so much done despite the wait times being longer than expected. They will be happy to follow my lead for the rest of the trip now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Our experience at CBR with the TP fax wasn’t successful either. This was the 3rd time for us to use the TP fax. Both times it worked great at POP but not for CBR but it all worked out in the end.
With a wheelchair, our only request we made when we did on line check in was ground floor. On the TP fax, I requested Martinique 22 or Jamaica 44/45, close to a bus stop and easy access to OPR. On the day we were leaving, at 1:30 we got our room assignment we had been assigned Jamaica room 4159. Soooo, we did get Jamaica but TOP floor and in building 41, the furthest from a bus stop and OPR as you can get with the exception of Trinidad South but almost as bad.
At that point, I thought…they must be super booked so hopefully, I can just get a 1st floor room and if I could get any village close to a bus stop I would be thrilled.
On the email, there was a phone number to call. I called immediately and got an amazing CM. When I explained why I needed a ground floor room and hopefully close to a bus stop, his response was “let me see if I make some magic for you”. My heart melted and I immediately felt a calm :blush:
He came back to the phone and said, I have you all fixed up and you will have your new room assignment shortly!
Within 10 minutes I had a new room assignment text/email with room 4519!
Just across the bridge from OPR and a short 3 minute walk to a bus stop, even with the wheelchair. I love Mickey magic and we experienced soooo much more Mickey magic during our trip, free FP’s every day from multiple CM’s, one manager stopped to talk to my mom about her first visit and gave us vouchers for our choice of 5 free picture frames for our memories, free mickey bars and free popcorn. It was amazing!!!
I booked a bounce back for next year for just me and hubby and all that was available was CSR, so we are excited to try another new resort. I will definitely use the TP fax again. Eventhough it didn’t work for CBR, it has always worked for us at POP!

1 Like

Asked for room at GF and got one three doors down from requested number, very happy and thank you!

1 Like

Hello, I just found out about this feature, it sounds great! Our arrival date is 11/5, and I just submitted my request today. Hopefully the request can still be made in time?

We are staying in a Cars Suite at AoA. In the notes I also included the reservation# of the family travelling with us, so we can be close together.

Hopefully they can accommodate…