It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

While I’ve been using the TP site/app for the past few years, I just stumbled upon this feature (which I’m happy I did). I just got back from a split stay. Although I had the trips configured in my dashboard (and the faxes were sent successfully), neither came through :disappointed:. It seemed to be the quite the opposite of each room request actually.

It was a great trip regardless. The data from the TP site has proven invaluable in the past, and I don’t see that changing.

Rats! Where’d you stay, @loki77nyc and what’d you end up with for rooms?

The first half of the stay was at the Poly. The request went in for “Bldg Tokelau,Flr 3,W-facing room.Exmple:3940,3939,3941,3942,3943,3944,3945,3946”. I was hoping for a quiet area close to the great ceremonial house (and away from constant sounding of the boat horns at the TTC). I wound up on the bottom floor in Moorea. Any concerns with the boat horns quickly faded, as they were barely heard in the room. I’m guessing only the lightest of sleepers would take issue with it. We also quickly determined it was a shorter walk to Moorea from the TTC monorail stop than from the Poly stop.

The request for the second stay at BLT went in as “Bldg Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort,Flr 14,N/S-facing room.Exmple:8404,8204,8104,8004”. I wound up on the 7th floor in 7742. It was a great room for watching the Electrical Water Pageant. Not so much for the fireworks.

I’ll be submitting photos for the hotel room views over the next few days.

1 Like

@len, I think I remember about a 70% success rate for the fax request. Are there some resorts that seem to have a better success rate than others? Do yall keep any success rate records? Would love to see a best to worst list if you are able to share :slight_smile:

@len I neglected to send in my room view while at WDW…sorry! Hoping I can do it here? If this isn’t right, please let me know and I’ll try again.

Our room was 7730 at AKL-Kidani…studio with Savannah view. We requested 7208. Not a bad room distance wise to the lobby/bus/laundry…probably a 3 minute walk. I guess not as close as 7208 but still pretty great. The room definitely needed some freshening up, but we saw lots of animals (esp. giraffes) and it was pretty quiet. I’m a horrible photographer…especially with my iPhone 5…but hope these pictures help!

1 Like

We had a split stay… we got the loop we requested (2300) at Fort Wilderness, but we were right on the main road when I’d asked to be as far away from it as possible. We got the opposite of our request for Beach Club Villas (requested upper floor, quiet pool view or at least on that side and got first floor on the opposite side all the way at the very end furthest from the pool!).

HI! we had our fax sent in by touring plans and received the exact room we requested!!! As we checked in online and had magic bands we bypassed the check-in entirely! walked straight to our room as we received an email that our room was ready and the room number. Thanks Touring Plans!

5 Likes

Just returned from POR and first time using this service from touring plans . Sadly despite doing online check in and also having the tour operator email a request as well as this fax service the CM denied any knowledge of having a room request for us.

We had booked a preferred room already but requested block 14 N or W facing room either first or second floor so it was basically half the block to choose from so we weren’t being awkward asking for a single room only.We were allocated block 27 ?

On the fax request I had also added we were celebrating our last vacation as a family and this was or fifth trip and never made a room request previously. I also advised we were celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary during the trip and it was part of our daughters 21 st Birthday celebration so it was disappointing not to have any acknowledgement of a request at all.

I did raise it with the CM at the online check in desk who looked bemused but did make a call to try and accommodate us in block 14 the next day. However this would mean not being able to unpack and throwing out all our plans for the first day and after a travel day of over 20 hrs we decided just to take the block 27 room.

When I returned to check in about half hour later the CM gave us celebration pin badges as he then said he hadn’t noticed earlier we were celebrating so there was clearly some information on the system relating to the request .

I understand a request is just that and there is obviously a good success rate for others but I was left feeling it was a pointless exercise and was disappointed on arrival not have at least some acknowledgement of the request made even if it couldn’t be facilitated.

Good luck to others , it was clearly a Disney issue not touring plans as I did get email confirmation of the fax being sent etc.

1 Like

Arrived at the Poly today. Requested Fiji, 3rd floor marina view. Got our room ready text and assigned Aotearoa 1216, which is the last parking lot facing first floor room all the way on the end, closest to Grand Floridian and farthest from the TTC. Went in when we arrived and were able to be reassigned to 3rd floor Rarotonga, which is great so far! Such a convenient location. Currently sitting on our balcony, waiting for two very tired little boys to fall asleep inside.

2 Likes

Thanks @Suemoff. I’m always interested in scenarios like these. I wonder why, if the room was available when you went to the front desk, it wasn’t available to the room assigners. I’ll see what I can find out. Good luck with the rest of your trip!

2 more fax experiences for us -

BWV (on rented points) - booked boardwalk view, requested upper floor, noted our anniversary. we got 5th floor, and there was an anniversary balloon in our room when we got there.

Poly Villas (on our own points) - booked lake view, requested 3rd floor, near TTC - noted it through member services as well. we were put in a 1st floor room on the end of the building away from the TTC. went back to the front desk, but no other rooms were available. had a conversation with the manager on checkout day and they refunded us the point difference between standard and lake view - with the bungalows, there is really no way you can consider the 1st floor rooms a lake view, other than as a technicality.

all in all, thank you for the service! we’ve had more hits than misses, and will continue to use it.

1 Like

We just got back from Pop on Tuesday. Our fax requested any king room. We stressed that we didn’t care where we were in the resort if it meant having a king room.

The good: the fax worked. We got a king bed.this was not a handicapped room and had a regular shower with tub and no room modifications for accessibility.

The bad: it was a connecting room and we could hear even normal conversational volume in the room next door.

The ugly: we got 8103 which had an ugly view of the back of an outbuilding by the pool.

The horrible: 8103 is nearly as far from the bus stop and classic hall as you can get. I had no appreciation for how huge Pop is. It felt like we were six miles from anything.

For your own info @Lentesta the room is described in the room finder as having two double beds rather than a king. I made a user comment on the room finder for that room but you may want to have that updated.

But the important thing is the fax feature worked. Thanks for that! :slight_smile:

Got it. Thanks @OBNurseNH!

1 Like

Just walked into my little mermaid room, am posting this while on hold with bell services. I made a freeform request for pool view - most important - and upper floor, close to elevator would be nice if possible. We ate lunch in landscape of flavor then got text for room 7772 which is third floor, in the middle, perfect view of king triton across the pool. TP Fax Win!!

4 Likes

We had requested room 1124 but received 2216 so it seems nothing more than what Pop Century offers: area choice. It was quiet, but the bed was horrible-rather like a Florida sinkhole. On a previous stay, the bed we’d had in 2124 was very good. We didn’t try to change it so I can’t say if that had been a possibility.

1 Like

Just got back from Art of Animation. We stayed in a Cars suite, requested building 3, first floor, facing the lake. We got building 3, but 3rd floor facing the pool. I did not do online check in because I didn’t want to confuse things. When we got to check in they said that they received our request and were putting us in building 3, she said something about a ready room, or something like that.

All in all the room was great, I was worried about noise from the pool and having to wait for an elevator all the time (we had a stroller), but neither was an issue, so the room was great!

1 Like

At Yacht. Booked a standard view, requested a standard view, and got upgraded to water view.

3 Likes

POR - booked a king, requested close, corner, first floor (in that order of importance). Got exactly that, bldg 14. Love it.

2 Likes

Nice!

Is it a name recognition boost?? :wink: