It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Yeah, unfortunately, I did that, and it didn’t work. It keeps defaulting to the room number that I had previously chosen.

Is the room # still showing on the FAX itself? or just on your dashboard?

I entered a dummy trip, picked a room & then hit Edit Fax & was able to delete the top entry on room and it stayed when I saved it. The room is still on my dashboard but not in the FAX which would be sent to WDW so I don’t think that part matters. Maybe I’m misunderstanding though…

Yeah, for a day or so, it will stay with my free text that I overwrite / edit. Then the next day, it will default back to the room that I chose with the room number, type and descrition from Touring Plans. I guess I could re-do it tomorrow, before the fax gets sent? That must work.

Ah OK - my short-term test wouldn’t show that obviously. You’re probably onto the best workaround is just edit it shortly prior to it getting sent.

@len may be able to expound on what the issue is or get someone to look at it long-term potentially.

The room shown on the dashboard is just a placeholder for linking it to the fax itself. If it’s not shown in the fax itself, it’s not getting sent to Disney.

@len, so the portion of the fax they see with the room #'s that you are looking for is the portion of the fax that says: “For our upcoming stay, we’d like to request this type of room:” and the one room # that shows on the dashboard is nothing that they see at all? Just making sure that I understand :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s correct. The only thing that they see is the thing on the form, not the dashboard.

1 Like

That makes so much sense :wink:
Thank you Len!

1 Like

If anyone is following along, I was able to manually change the pre-populated text under “configure fax,” and it stuck this time.

3 Likes

Just an update on using the room request fax. I requested Fiji, marina view, 3rd floor. I was assigned Fiji, marina view, 2nd floor. I call that a win! I still stuck my head out of the slider a few times and honestly it was so hot I probably wouldn’t have used the balcony much. :relaxed:

3 Likes

FYI: Old Key West is having trouble with its fax machine. We first noticed it on Friday. We’ve tried calling Disney, and yesterday we sent flowers to the front desk asking them to check the status of the machine.

2 Likes

@len I haven’t seen an update lately on if/when murphy beds will be shown in the room finder for CBR. Any updated info?

I am a part of a blog on Disboards for CBR and I went through the entire thread and when anyone mentioned that they had the murphy bed in their room and provided their room #, I would go into the TP room finder and add “Murphy bed available in this room” to the “user comments” for that room view. I hope that is ok :smirk:
I know that it isn’t near complete. I would say that I added the comment to about 60 of the 2112 rooms and I know that around 1/2 of the rooms at CBR now have the murphy bed so we have a loooong way to go :dizzy_face:

Stayed mid August at the Poly. For the second year in a row, I got what I requested - third floor marina view in Fiji. It was especially awesome because the balcony is a great place to dry wet swimsuits and water shoes. We actually used the balcony quite a bit more this year than last, and watched the EWP from it many nights. I caught my daughter using her iPad to take some pictures of the view, and I’ll send the best one to TP to help with the room views. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Oh wow, that’s fantastic! Thanks very much.

Did you happen to see a pattern in the way Disney added the beds? Like, “even-number, first-floor rooms?”

We have a new number for OKW faxes, trying it shortly.

@len I wish there was some rhyme or reason as to how they added the murphy beds :unamused: It DOES appear that there are a lot more odd than even number rooms with murphy beds and it appears there are alot more murphy bed rooms in Jamaica than any other village in this list but remember, this is all dependent of peoples feedback and this is only 60 rooms out of 2112 :dizzy_face: The majority of people don’t ever return to a blog until their next trip is planned so it is going to take a long time to get a complete list. There is a moderator on the disboards CBR site that has posted that “Every building, except the Pirate Themed rooms in Trinidad South, have the same number of Murphy Beds. I’m not sure what that number is, but they’re all the same.” so if that is the case, there has to be some kind of method to this madness. I thought I would include the list here for anyone that may want it.

Barbados
1245 & 1246 (connecting too)

Martinique
2240 (corner room)
2637 (has a pull-down and connects to 2638)

Trinidad North:

Jamaica
4405 (corner room) & 4406 (connecting too)
4529 & 4530 (connecting too)
4627 (accessible room)

Aruba:

Hope this helps some of my TP buddies!

1 Like

I have a question…how do o find rooms that are adjoined to request? I tried looking at some of the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation but everything says not adjoined. Any advice?

Hey @swnackos-

Disney uses the term “adjoining” to refer to rooms next to each other and that do NOT share an interior door. The term “connecting” refers to rooms that are adjoining and that share an interior door.

We don’t yet have connecting room information on many of the resorts - it’s something we’re working on.

Thank you for clarifying! I probably would’ve asked for the wrong thing and been disappointed to not have connecting rooms. :slight_smile:

All faxes for Old Key West worked today. Woo!

1 Like