It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

That’s what I was wondering also.

Not yet.

I don’t think it matters. Let us know how it goes, please!

I messed up and I need some help! I just entered our room request but we are 4 days out. Totally my fault, I was thinking the request was sent 3 days out instead of 5. Will my request still be sent or do I need to try to send it in myself? Does anyone know? Thanks for any help!

Let’s see if @len can help.

I believe I have seen this in some previous posts and len was able to help.
Fingers crossed and pixie dust!

Thank you! And actually, to complicate things further, I was just looking and according to TP our trip is 5 days out (because on TP I entered our first park day as our first day instead of our check in day, oops). I went ahead and edited the fax request to have our correct check in date but still wondering if I should just fax it in myself. I don’t mind doing that but just don’t want to create any confusion if they both get submitted. Thanks for the response and for any help!

You can either change your trip date, or just let it fax out tomorrow. Nice room choice! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks @len ! So if I leave everything as is, it will fax out tomorrow, am I understanding that correctly? Is there any disadvantage to that? And while I have you, let me just say a very sincere thank you. I’m sure you hear it all the time but Touring Plans has been an invaluable tool as we plan our trips. This is only the second time for our family to visit WDW but this site and the people did so much toward making our first trip amazing and I anticipate the same for this upcoming trip. I sing the praises of Touring Plans to everyone who will listen:) Thanks for all your hard work and insight. It is obvious that you take great pride in what you do and I’m grateful that my family gets to benefit from that!

@len, I posted earlier that our fax wasn’t a success, but I think I figured out why. We were staying in a DVC villa on rented points from a friend. And I just read elsewhere that DVC resorts don’t accept fax room requests. So I assume this service isn’t going to be helpful anytime we are staying at a DVC? Too bad as I love the service!

I’m actually in the same boat as @dandlsmom. We don’t travel until December, but we rented DVC points from a friend. Will the fax still work? Hoping @len might have some insight into whether or not this is true.

I’ll let you know how it works out for me this Sunday. I’m “renting” (I prefer the term “sub-leasing”) points also and using this service for the first time.

3 Likes

even though the room request didn’t work, I still loved the resort and we had a great time. We stayed at BWV. will be interested to hear how it works out for you.

1 Like

@len - We arrived today at CBR. We had a reservation for a water view room, as the preferred category was unavailable at the time of my reservation. So, we requested 5544 in Aruba, trying to get closer to Old Port Royale since the bridge was closed.

We didn’t get anywhere close to the room we were looking for - instead, we got “upgraded” to Martinique, and still had our water view - we’re in 2559, right next to Old Port Royale. So, I can’t say I’m sad about not getting my request!

PS - I’ve got to say, even with my past experiences at WDW and with everything I’ve read I was still not prepared for how sprawling CBR is. This place is HUGE, and the bus takes a while to clear all of the stops at this resort!

Congrats on the upgrade @banksnld! And yeah, that’s a huuuugggeeee resort. Our own Erin Foster is working on a graphic for the next Color Companion book, just to show the size.

Have fun on your trip. Let me know if there’s anything I can help with while you’re there.

Yeah, I’ve DVC’d with faxes before and it’s worked. I don’t think the room assigners check where the money’s coming from. They really are interested in fulfilling the request, first and foremost.

1 Like

The automatic room request fax worked!
We stayed at the Yacht Club and requested a Building 1 NE facing room. I gave them a list of 8 rooms I would like.
We bought a Garden View room. We stayed in 3145. It was close enough to the elevator to be convenient, but far enough away that it was quite. We watched the EPCOT fireworks from the balcony and could even hear the music :slight_smile:
THANKS TOURING PLANS!!!

2 Likes

Requested Pop Century 5160, but got 5153. And I really liked it. It had a king size bed. I wasn’t even looking at rooms with king size beds on the map, cause I don’t know why they would give one to a single traveler, rather than a couple without kids. It was quiet, private, yet all the activity was right on the other side of the building.

Last year, I stayed in 8464, 90s section, and it wasn’t much fun. I would wake up whenever the air conditioning turned on because it was so loud. (I didn’t hear it at all in 5153). I had used Disney’s site for room requests, and my request was close to transportation. It was so far away. It was a standard room, not preferred like this year, but they could have done better. The battery in my door sensor died and I got locked out one night. And I noticed the inspection stickers in the elevators were expired. But I still chose to come back to Pop, and am glad I did.

I will use touringplans’ room request from now on, instead of trusting Disney’s checkin requests. I was very happy with my room this year.

1 Like

YAY!!! Sounds like it worked!
@ameetee were you booked preferred both trips to POP?
Were your online check in requests the same both trips?

I hope the TP fax request works for us in 17 days. Our primary request is connecting rooms but the connecting rooms we requested on our TP fax are 60’s & ground floor. We shall see what happens and if we get connecting rooms we will be happy :blush:

Don’t think I would call our fax a success. But will admit reserving a roll in shower limits things. Requested cabins 2524 or 2525 , both close to buses and laundry. Got 2825 about as far from laundry and buses you can be. Negotiated our way into 2868 a happy ending.

Checked in yesterday at AKL-Jambo, “renting” points. Reservation was for Standard View Studio. Used TP room request and asked for several standard views that I’ve read had partial Savanna views. In notes section I put exactly what I hoped for, which was a standard view with a glimpse of the animals from the balcony. Also put a nice comment, thanking the room assigners in advance for their help.

They gave us a Savanna View room upgrade for the week. Room 5435. Whatever happened, I’d call it a success. Thanks TP team. I will upload some pics later this week.

3 Likes