It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

@masnyde, you can always call a Disney CM and add general requests to your existing reservation (ex: close to transportation, a specific floor, lake view, etc) but adding a specific room to your existing reservation is frowned upon. The TP fax service allows you to add the specific room but also adds a list of rooms within the fax that are simular, just in case the room you like is already occupied. And even then, if all those rooms are occupied, you would not get anything close to your request. There is still a chance that you won’t get the exact room you want. since all requests and faxes are just requests and not guaranteed. As you read through this thread, you can see that even though the fax service has helped a lot of guests get the exact or close to exact room they wanted, others have not gotten anything close.
If you do call a CM, make sure the requests you add to your reservation mirrors the request you have on the fax, otherwise it may confuse them and list them in order of importance. Pixie dust that you get the room you want!

Hi @len . I just realized I forgot to add res number. Just added and saved request. Any chance this can still be faxed? (If not, I completely understand). Thanks for all the help TP has been!!!

@skedinger, did you do online check in too or just the fax request?

This is great! Just did my request - we are set to arrive on Sunday!

:blush: Just returned from our week at POFQ, our fax request was granted. I requested ground floor 50’s building, room 1117, got ground floor room 1125. Very nice corner room. I can’t thank you enough for this wonderful service.

not, POFQ, we stayed at POP,

1 Like

I did online check in but did not make room requests there.

Checked into poly today and very happy! I requested Fiji 3rd floor king bed and got exactly that! Not exact room I requested but very close and love my view of beach and GF!

2 Likes

I’ll be at the Cabins at Ft Wilderness in five days. I got a call from the CM doing room assignments. She was calling to tell me that the Cabins I requested are being refurbished and are not available. Even though I’m not going to get the a cabin I requested, it was nice to get a call letting me know why.

5 Likes

This is great to know that they are getting the fax and working hard to accommodate!

It should be faxed, yes. Let me know how it goes.

Sorry for the delay responding. Internet on the ship I’m on was really bad late Tue until this morning.

3 Likes

All worked out well! Did not get view of pond/lake. But did get top (4th) floor in bldg requested and see trees, and pool in distance. Also roadway between bldgs; however higher floor so that is not in immediate view. So we are very pleased! Thank you so much!

3 Likes

Hello! Room request fax did not work out well for us, unfortunately, but we worked it out at the front desk! We are staying at AKL in a standard view room. We requested room 5524 (or at least a fifth floor room overlooking Uzima savanna). We did online check-in without repeating our request (having received a notice stating that our request had been faxed). When we arrived around 2 PM, we were told that our room was ready, but received room 2596, which is the furthest room from the lobby on the zebra trail wing, and on the second floor to boot! The cast member spotted the expression on my face and worked to accommodate us, first getting us into the wing we requested, and then moving us up as many floors as she could. We did have to wait for about an hour for the new room to be ready, but we took the time to eat lunch and explore.

We are currently staying in room 3524, which grants us a closer view of the savanna! And a service crane, but considering that there were three giraffes outside the window when we arrived, I couldn’t be more pleased. :slight_smile:

The cast member checking us in mentioned that the fax may not have been accommodated because we booked a standard view room, and having looked at the resort map, I do notice that there seem to be fewer of those on the top floor of AKL, so that might explain what happened.

2 Likes

Hi @len @Lentesta Just a brief trip summary - just the fax - :wink: We did a split stay Pop & Ft. Wilderness cabins. 9/5-9/6 Pop 9/6-9/9 for Ft. Wilderness. On MDE we selected text/email notification/online checkin feature only. No other requests/bells/whistles.
We used TP for fax request on both resorts. As to Pop; I found a particular room & made that my initial request. In the notes portion, I said if it wasn’t available anything else in the 50’s Bldg. Preferred with a King/Double would be good. At checkin we were assigned non preferred 70s bldg. double double. I asked if they received the fax requesting 50’s bldg & why did we get downgraded to non preferred. CM caught the downgrade immediately, but in searching her screen could not see where they received a fax request for/from me. CM cheerfully told us there were no king/doubles available in 50s at the moment, but a pref. double/double instead. We cheerfully accepted and were quite pleased with the room, the way in which the CM handled the situation and the entire Pop resort itself. Definitely will go back.
As to Ft. Wilderness; we requested a particular loop & cabin. In the comments we noted that if that particular cabin was not available, then u, v, w, x, y or z cabin on that same loop water facing side would be good. We arrived before check-in from Pop & although cabin was not ready; we were told they did receive TP fax & were working to accommodate us. We hung out at the Meadow Pool, which was ok until the mini typhoon arrived & we had no shelter to book it too. Back to check in. It took CM @ Ft. Wilderness well after 4pm to check us into the cabin. Which was the exact cabin we wanted. Yay. But our Magic Bands did not work. Boo. It was well after 6pm before we could physically get into our cabin to change from wet clothes to dry & make it to our 1st FPP in MK & subsequent dining ressie. CM & Ft. Wilderness credited a single extra FPP for our entire party to be used on 2 separate days. The cabins are all in various states of refurbishment, the front plug of ours did not work to charge the golf cart; so we were rescued with a new cart while out on a carting adventure early morning, when we should have had a full charge. ANYWAY. short story long… Fax worked on 1 resort no receipt on the other resort

3 Likes

@len - When checking for OKW, I left “TP picks” blank. Buildings showed up, but no actual room images at the bottom like what I get when I choose “TP Picks” for, say, Pop. If I choose “TP Picks” for Pop, I get buildings highlighted and room view previews. With the Poly, if I checked TP Picks but nothing else, I got room previews and buildings.

I’m assuming OKW just doesn’t have any TP Picks…?

Quick question. I filled out the fax on TP.com but a month or so ago I did the Room Requests/Check in on Disney. Now do I try and get that erased? I cannot change anything on it right now, it’s grayed out.

I believe somewhere within this thread, it indicates that you CAN do on-line check in but to MAKE SURE that what you have checked matches what your fax requests are. If they are different, it could confuse the room assigner.
Once you have made your requests during on-line check in, i’m not sure you can get them removed.

Thank you. I went and looked through on the search function and saw someone mentioned calling Disney and cancelling. So I did that and it turns out they didn’t show anything in on the computer. It’s Monday and I am going on Sunday. The cast member asked if I wanted to put something in and I did, it’s basically the same as my fax request except I was specific to the room on the request.

Anyways, I put on the fax I am sending in tonight, fingers crossed, to please honor this over the Room Requests form already completed. We’ll see what happens.

1 Like

Let us know how it works and pixie dust for a great room!

Does anyone know when TP sends the fax? If it says have it in by midnight does it gonout at midnight or later? Just wanted to know when you should wonder if the fax was not sent.