It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

It should go out this morning. I’ll check it in a bit. (Just so I remember, it’s fax #322.)

@Lentesta Len I just wanted to say thanks for this new service… It’s really neat! I just renewed my TP membership after a year off (new baby/ no trips/blah blah) and just did a room request for our oct trip! You guys really do think of everything :grinning: plus I requested a great room from a liner recommendation! Thanks again! (Ok sucking up to Len done now!)

2 Likes

@len, I am having trouble with this. We are booked for a 1-bedroom Lake View Villa at Bay Lake Tower from 6/26/15 through 7/3/15. In our reservation, I requested the 16th Floor (which is the floor we stayed on last year). Can’t find the specific room number in our records, but it was great. When I go to the room finder and use the filters, it is showing zero rooms. Help?

Hmmmm…I show two 1-BR Lake Views available (8611 and 8635). Are they highlighted in this map?

Feedback on the room request feature. We requested room 2623 (Bldg 26 in the Martinique section, ground floor). We got Trinidad North, Bldg 31, room 3155 on the second floor. We paid for preferred and it was still a good room, but I wish I would’ve just called them with my request. The cast member said there were no requests received under my reservation even though I got the email from Touring Plans saying the fax was received. Oh well, still a great vacation!
Just FYI. Room 3155 was a water view and had a murphy bed. VERY close to the main pool.

@len Thanks, yes. I think the problem was that I had “Touring Plans Picks” highlighted, and the rooms went to zero. Once I removed that filter, I saw what you see. On a separate note, I did find that we stayed in 8635 last year. The master shower head was kind of strange and annoying (square box, low flow shower head). Do you (or anyone) happen to know if all of the master shower heads are the same in BLT?

Just waned to say thanks! We arrived yesterday for our seven night stay. We didn’t get exact room requested at Coronado Springs, but we did get the building, floor, and view. Requested 5424 and got 5411. Great room and experience!

1 Like

I’m sorry too hear that, Kristen. I see the same messages as you regarding your fax, yet I can’t seem to pull up the fax form. I’m asking our developer to look into it. I haven’t seen this happen before. Thanks for the note.

Hey Kristen, let me know if I can send you an email with a couple of questions about your room fax, please. I’ve looked in to it, and need a bit more info. Thanks!

Really liked the idea of this and our request went through no problems unfortunately we didn’t really get anything like our request.
We had requested Rm 3227 at Yacht Club and the room we were allocated was 4102.
I know the hotel was fully booked and this wouldn’t put me off using the feature again.

2 Likes

I just completed a room request and I’m wondering if I should request anything when I do online checkin or leave the fields blank?

It has been advised to just leave it blank but complete the online checkin. The room as signers can get confused if there are multiple requests.

Just wanted to let you know that the fax worked great for my sister’s trip in early May. Her request was Sports room 205 with a connecting to 204, which faced the football field. What they got was 215 connected to 214 which faced some trees / bushes. In the comments, in the Football section, connecting and close to transportation were stressed as important to them. They were right by the bus stop, even closer than the originally requested rooms, so it was a big win! I told her to send in a picture of her room view as a pay it forward.

I have an upcoming stay for Contemporary 6/19 and have my fax ready to go. Fingers crossed that we have as much luck as she did.

Thank you for a wonderful service!!!

3 Likes

So, I’m wondering if there are any updates on whether or not I should do online check-in or not?
I did fill out the fax request for our stay in 13 days to WL-Courtyard View. I have requested room 5077.
I guess I’m curios about the chance of upgrade with and without using the fax and online vs. either option alone.
I will need to get 1st visit (for all of us) and Birthday Buttons (for my daughter) at the desk.
Thanks TP and all its members for everything!

2 Likes

My understanding is do online check-in, but don’t make any special requests. You can always ask for pins at any of the parks as well, or just ask at the front desk without having to wait in line to check in. There’s usually a CM around who can help with a request like that.

Thanks @Agent_C!

Yes, @Agent_C has it right.

We love this! We got the room next to the room we requested! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m very excited to try this out for our split stay coming up in July! When I originally made our reservations by calling Disney directly, I made some room requests. Should I call back and have them remove the requests I made? Thanks!

As long as the requests are the same, @Disneydani89, you should be fine. It’s conflicting requests that cause the room assigners headaches.