It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Unfortunately, room request didn’t work for us. Stayed in April at POP and requested rooms with a view of the Mickey Phone and Foosball Players. They put us in that building, but on the other side of the building and at the opposite end. No view. I think in future requests I would put “if this isn’t available then… do this”. That way they don’t just stick me in a crappy room with a crappy view just because it’s in the same building I wanted.

Love that you are doing this for us!

2 Likes

Is your post to me?

Yes it was. What type of room was it also, if you dont mind. We’re booked later in the year in a standard view also and id love to request that room.

Last year I stayed in 4238, and I requested 4236 ( I thought being one over I would see more of the savannah and less of the pen). When the TP fax was sent there is a list of alternative rooms all in this area. I received one of those rooms (4218). You have a hard time seeing open savannah because of the trees but there is a watering hole and the giraffes seem to like this area late afternoon/early evening ( they have been munching on the trees). It is very lovely for a standard view!

1 Like

Thanks for the help!

Yay! Can you email that photo and room number to hotel_photos@touringplans.com, please? Have a great trip!

2 Likes

This is a great quote, too. I’ll add it to the database.

2 Likes

OK, so I’m a newbie liner but we’ve been using your guides since 2005 and I think I now get why they’re so great. Y’all really are a bunch of Disney geeks too. :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, Goofygal. Better luck next time! Thanks for trying it, too.

You made my day too @PrincipalTinker . Thank you so much for this! I have been searching the boards today as I just found out that I will be staying at AKL for a conference in mid May. The conference rate is for standard view, but I really would love to see a giraffe! I am working mom with three little kids at home so the idea of sitting outside in the afternoon watching a giraffe sounds like heaven!

1 Like

Photo from this afternoon

7 Likes

@PrincipalTinker. Do you happen to know what the current Vince back offer is?

It is the same one, 30% moderate, 35% deluxe resorts and villas. Dates throughout the rest of this year. It was actually the offer I originally booked this stay for in December (AP saved me something like $20 on four nights here).

Great That’s what I was hoping for. I need to book FW cabin for Nov while I am there and that’s the best offer I have seen (no AP). Thanks!

I have signed up for the service for our trip in June (WL, woods view category). So, in order to maximize my chances of getting the request or an upgrade, is the official recommendation to check-in in person and NOT do the online check-in? I heard Len discussing it briefly on the podcast recently and I felt like that was the way he was leaning, but it wasn’t clear to me if I was understanding it.

Just to avoid any confusion-I do know that if it is recommended I do online check-in, that I shouldn’t list requests there since I’ve already signed up for the fax service.

@jalva22 I heard the same podcast. It seemed to me that the team was recommending online, straight to the room check-in if you didn’t have a special request or any issues that a CM might have to work for you. If you were hoping for a specific room, or wishing for a magical upgrade, then you should do check-in personally.

I like doing personal check-in, just because I like the experience of talking to the cast member, getting any questions answered and, really, just the ambiance.

I must disagree.I was just upgraded for the 4th time in the last 11 months. It was the second time I was upgraded to CL. I always, always check in online. Last week I booked a standard view YC room. I only requested an upper floor. When I arrived they walked me up to the CL. I had a welcome packet waiting for me that included a print out of all my dining and FPs. My room was not ready. It was obvious the upgraded was given before I arrived.

1 Like

[quote=“jalva22, post:340, topic:9246”]
So, in order to maximize my chances of getting the request or an upgrade, is the official recommendation to check-in in person and NOT do the online check-in[/quote]

Some of the folks on WDW Today like to say that you have a better chance of an upgrade if you check in at the front desk, but that doesn’t make it true. Of course, it is always possible that with human interaction someone may take pity on you or spontaneously decide that you’ve done something worthy of getting a room upgrade. I believe that is the implication with this recommendation. Whether the relatively remote chance of that happening is worth the extra time of not checking in online is up to each individual.

1 Like

Take pity on me? Spontaneously decide I’m worthy of a room upgrade?

I was just hoping that a room request would be met, or that they might decide to bump me up a level like hotels and cruise ships, etc do all the time. You make it sound like I just cut someone in line! :smile:

1 Like

I don’t understand why it would be better to request a certain room via fax 5 days before my trip than to request that room 60 days before the trip when I check in online. Is there some information I’m missing?