It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

So I’m here at POFQ and got a lovely upgrade to probably one if the best views available in building 6 but I really wanted close to lobby. I’ll have to work on my request better next time.

Paid for standard with AP discount.

I also got an upgrade with an AP discount at POFQ. Interesting.

Just got our room number for Wilderness Lodge. We requested north wing, fifth floor far as possible from lobby. We paid for bunk bed woods view. We listed all the bunk bed rooms in that wing and then some on the fourth floor if none were avail (I took the fourth floor rooms out at the last min because I thought it might be too specific and went with the just the next sentence, but I think I deleted them too late so they may or may not have been in the fax). We then said that if none at all were avail if there were any anywhere else that might have a view of partial fireworks we’d love it. (Something like that, anyway).

We got assigned south wing 5120. Which appears to look at the side of the villas building, per Google. It is also at the corner so one side juts out a lot farther where the south wing extends. I’ll take pictures for tp.

I did online check in as well selecting fifth floor. I didn’t think it would cause harm since it was basically a duplicate.

2 Likes

We rented points and got the exact room.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks @chiisai.

ETA: Thanks for the photo, too!

Hi @len.

We’ve booked at AKL and requested a specific room type, only two rooms of which exist at the resort. Our MEI TA has had the room number request (thanks to the TP room finder!) noted on our reservation. It’s been established that online check-in and faxing is a no-no. Would you recommend that we fax or not fax to assist in emphasizing our request?

Thanks in advance!

If there’s only two rooms of that type in the resort, then I wouldn’t fax. It has the potential to add confusion. Let me know how it goes, please, and good luck!

2 Likes

Help! I received a message that my fax failed, and when I tried to fax, they failed as well. I’m staying at CR arriving on 4/7. Any other suggestions?

Okay, I’ve asked for them to be resent. It looks like the Contemporary’s fax was down this morning - both CR and BLT faxes failed to go out.

Hmmmm…the Contemporary’s fax machine isn’t picking up. I’ll try it again in the morning. Might just be broken.

Update: I tried with my cellphone and it’s also not picking up. I suspect it’s the fax machine itself. Should be fixed within a day or so.

Thanks! I appreciate all you do!!

We nearly got the room we wanted at POFQ. It was a little farther than we wanted, but only 12 doors down from the room we requested. I can’t complain too much, though, considering it was spring break.

3 Likes

Still not picking up this morning. We think it’s out of paper and the memory is full, so the machine isn’t picking up.

1 Like

Thanks again! Looks like it went through now :smile:

Can someone please tell me where to find the 12 digit #? I made my reservations directly through Disney and & only have the 8 digit alphanumeric one.
My family also has 2 rooms but with 2 different last names. Disney did make a note that we were together and would try give us connecting or adjoining rooms if possible. Is there anyway I should specify this on the fax?
Thank you.

Ah, meant to report that to you on Sunday. :slight_smile: I was so exhausted by gardening that I didn’t sit down in front of a computer.

Let me know how it goes with your request, and if there’s anything else we can help with for your trip!

Len

1 Like

Hmmmm…when you log in to My Disney Experience, do you see the 8-digit alphanumeric or a different number? If it’s the 8-digit, then use that.

As far as the adjoining/connecting room request goes, specify in the text of the fax that you’re traveling with the party of this other reservation # (and give the reservation #). Ask for adjoining or connecting rooms for everyone.

Let me know if this doesn’t make sense. It’s very early or very late, and the coffee hasn’t kicked in. :slight_smile:

I have the same question about the reservation number. When I login to My Disney Experience I see the 8-digit alphanumeric number, but going by the URL given for the online check-in link, I can figure out my 12 digit number. I wasn’t sure which one I should use.

2 Likes

If you can see both through MDE, then I don’t think it matters. How did you book your trip, @ohio_amy?

1 Like

I can’t really “see” the 12-digit code in MDE (it’s not listed anywhere in the reservation) but I was able to poke around and find it via the check-in URL. We booked our trip through a Disney travel agent.

2 Likes