It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Thank you!!

Wow, what a great tool. Filled out the form using the Hotel Room Finder and got EXACTLY the room we asked for. The very nice lady at the front desk even commented that we “looked like we were well prepared”…thanks to you!!! Made the trip even better!

2 Likes

At POFQ. Paid for a standard view room. Faxed a request for Building 1, Floor 3, 1343-1348. Got upgraded to a river view literally around the corner from those. I call this a win.

5 Likes

At ASMusic (yes, a different hotel every night). Asked for 3rd floor, building 5, 5654,5653,5652,5651,5650,5649,5648,5647,5646. Got 3rd floor, building 5, 563X. So around the corner from the view I wanted.

That said, I put 5654 in the Guide as the best view from any value resort, so there’s probably a lot of competition for rooms around there. I knew it was a long shot when I sent it in.

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re tallying the success rate of these requests, but I had so-so results with my latest trips.

Just stayed at POFQ, requested 7101, got 7221. In the same numbered building, but the farthest wing from what I requested. I also ended up a floor higher than I wanted. Still better than no request, but I’m not sure if it was better than using the checkboxes on the Disney reservation form in this case. I’m not displeased with my room, as it’s close to the parking lot and I like the fax service, but wanted to share my result.

Yes, thanks for sharing the result. Did you use any other verbiage besides the room numbers in the fax? I didn’t in mine, and I think I could have used another sentence or two.

[quote=“len, post:249, topic:9246”]
Did you use any other verbiage besides the room numbers in the fax[/quote]
I did not. I just used the default verbiage from your software. I’ll also note, I was just staying for one night (though I’d think that would be easier to fit someone in, but my knowledge about the science of room assigning is negligible).

I was looking at the Wilderness Lodge Standard/Queen rooms on the map and have a few questions. When you check the room view on the 2nd floor, it appears to show room views of a inner courtyard view. Also, 2 standard view rooms are showing up on Floor 7. I thought Floor 7 was club level only. Is this correct?

OK. We may need to suggest adding in another line of text. Let me keep track of this.

Hmmmm…that’s odd. Which rooms are they on floors 2 and 7?

Rooms 2042-2066 (even number rooms) and 7062/7064.

The past 5 times I’ve stayed at POFQ I have been in that building with a river view on the 3rd floor. I really hope I get a different building this trip because as pretty as it is to watch the boats going back and forth I would like something new and looking at the inner courtyard!

Lets see how the room fax works for us! This is our request
Bldg 3,Flr 1,NE-facing room.Exmple:3105,3106,3104,3103,3107,3102,3108,3101,3115

1 Like

OK, I’ll ask Brad to take a look. Thanks for the details!

Thank you. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get the room request info into the Dashboard but that is so great!

We booked a standard view at Beach Club for a few days the second week in March and tried to request a first floor room with this new feature, but they are all garden view I believe on first floor so it was a long shot. We did not get a first floor room but did get a third floor garden view overlooking main entrance towards parks, close to elevator, which we liked. So, no exact room this time but still better than standard view!

1 Like

Just following up that we did NOT get our room request. Requested room 5136. Got room 6137. It wasn’t in the same building or west-facing, but it was on the first floor, and if we came out of our room and looked right, we could see AofA, which we wanted (as well as first floor). So, it wasn’t what we requested, but it wasn’t terrible. Still had a great trip! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@len We’ve decided to do a split stay with the second half at AKL. The room views of Animal Kingdom Lodge don’t quite match what Disney has to offer. One of the choices the Disney website offers is a Savanna View - Queen + Bunk Bed. All the room view offers is a Arusha view or a Pool view with the queen/bunk bed combination. Is there an alternative I can use or a work around? Thanks!!

I’ll have to take a look at this. Arusha is the Savannah view, I think. When’s your trip?

@len the trip isn’t until early October. According to the Disney planning site, Arusha is a separate, higher price than a regular savanna view.

Hey everyone, whatever room you stay in, you should take some pictures of the view from your room & send them to TP, so they can add it to the site. They’ve got a great collection, but sometimes there’s one picture that covers a wide group of rooms. The more views, the better the site will get. We can all chip in. (Of course, I totally failed to remember to do this on my last trip… cough… got to do better…)

3 Likes