It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Does the room finder identify connecting rooms? We’ll need them when we go next year.

I agree that it should be the longer number.

Rats. But good to know for future stats.

If you’re still at the parks, let me know if there’s anything we can do for you.

No problem, a request is just that. Thanks for the new tool!

I am having some trouble with BLT room requests. It seems like for that resort you can only request rooms on the first floor. My “solution” was to change the text of the automatically generated request. Is that going to work or is this digitally processed by Disney somehow and will now completely fail since I messed with it?

If it helps, we have a lake view studio and I am try to request a higher floor, north facing room that ends in either 06 or 08 (but not xx14 which are all accessible!) — the stealth MK view rooms. :slight_smile:

I have a standard view booked for beach club and I have been looking at the room finder, but I am having trouble because I want a room that has a daybed and balcony. The room descriptions don’t say if there is a daybed or not and what type of balcony it has. Is that something I would add in the text of the request?

Hey @thanulec- that’s interesting. What kind of filters are you using on the rooms at BLT? I’d like to take a look at it.

@jlyn, I think all rooms have a daybed. Let me see what we can do about finding balconies. When is your trip?

I have this feeling that your day job involves satellite image analysis. :smile: Thanks for that response.

June 4th-8th. Thanks for your help!

I believe all first floor rooms have patios, and all upper-floor rooms have a balcony. Some are really small, but I believe they all have something.

Rooms on the second floor seem to have the full balconies, ones in which you’ve got two chairs and a small table. Third floor balconies tend to be really, really small. Fourth floor rooms seem to have larger balconies too.

1 Like

Thanks Len! I was looking at third floor rooms, so I will switch to second and fourth.

I tried a bunch of different filters, including none at all. I can send you some screenshots if that would be helpful. I tried from both my iPad and Chrome on a Mac.

I was wondering the same thing about the balconies! :smile:
They are renovating the rooms, I believe top two floors are done, might be worth finding our completion dates for different levels too if you’d like a newer room.

1 Like

Yes please! len@touringplans.com. Thanks!

Now I’m confused…from your page describing the Beach Club:

Water-view rooms with full balconies facing the lake Odd-numbered rooms: 2641-2647, 3501-3511, 3683-3691, 3725-3795, 5607-5623, 5683-5691, 5725-5795. (The Beach Club will charge you for a water-view room if there’s so much as a birdbath in sight. If you’re going to pay the price, get a real water view.) Standard-view rooms with full balconies facing the woods and Epcot Even-numbered rooms 3512-3536, 4578-4598.

this looks like it’s mostly 3 and 5 (club level) with full balconies, not 2 and 4. Can you please clarify? Thanks,

Just got back from WDW last week staying at the Contemporary. The fax seemed to do the trick, because we got exactly the room we wanted. Garden Wing, 3rd floor, closest to the main building, facing NE. Awesome stay in a gorgeous, super quiet room. Expensive, but worth it.

2 Likes

I’m interested to know:
Did you request only 1 room or did you give a few options?
Did you use the TP automatic fax system or did you also put in a request through online check-in?
Did you give exact room numbers plus criteria (quiet room, specific building, etc.) or room # only?
We’re still trying to figure all this out before we submit our room request.
Thanks!

@Gussy30,

We used the fax number ourselves because @len had not implemented this genius idea yet. I gave the exact room number, three alternatives and then wrote a short paragraph to explain why I would love to have the room I was requesting.

Here is some helpful information from TP.

I’m looking (so far unsuccessfully) for a link to clever room requests. Back when I was doing this the first time, someone posted a link to people who used Disney songs with modified lyrics to make their request. If I find it, I’ll post it.

1 Like

We used the automatic TP fax system and did not include any room requests through online check-in. Using the TP “room-view” tool we were able to specify both a specific floor and room number and a range of acceptable room numbers as fall back choices. We also included in the fax that I was celebrating my birthday and they had a birthday pin ready for me with my name on it when we checked in :smile:

1 Like