It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Does this work for a DVC room or just the regular resort rooms?

Both faxes sent out successfully. Holding breath until tomorrow to see the results of the Wilderness Lodge fax.

2 Likes

We’ve had success with all rooms. I’ve personally used it several times at DVC. Let us know how it goes please.

The instruction said to choose a specific room then edit. If there is no picture for DVC room (Grand Floridian), do I just pick any room and edit the fax page? I know which room I would like to stay already. Thanks

This is the message I got- Room View for Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows is not available!

How do I proceed?

@len , if SW, W, NW, facing rooms doesn’t matter and our most important request is connecting rooms on a specific floor in a specific era, should we just list the connecting room combo’s in the portion of the fax that says: For our upcoming stay, we’d like to request this type of room:?
Or should we leave the wording exactly the way it populates and then just explain what we are looking for within the text?
Thank you for all your help and we will definitely let you know how it works for us in November!

Hmmmm…that’s unusual. Where’d you see that message, @marlo7245? Here’s the Poly’s map.

You can delete the direction if it doesn’t matter to you - the less extraneous information, the better. Then just explain what you’re looking for in the text.

Good luck in November!

Right- but there isn’t a spot to pick a Deluxe Studio from DVC on that map- that’s where you run into the error message and just dumps you to the generic hotel page-

Here is what I clicked: Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - requesting room: (click to find a room)

Just wanted to let you know that this worked perfectly for me, @Len! I got the exact room I requested at Pop (4439). The location was perfect!

2 Likes

@Len we requested 5012. Got room 2012. Beautiful room, beautiful view. I’ll count as mostly a win. 92.68% victory.

Thanks! See you tomorrow.

2 Likes

We got the exact same room we requested at CSR. Thanks, TP!

At AKL, we requested a particular room, but when we arrived, we got upgraded from a deluxe studio with savannah view to a 1br villa with savannah view…so no complaints there at all.

4 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Amazing surface! Requested three rooms next to each other at POR and received exact room requests

4 Likes

@len Split stay WL/AKL> The AKL request was for room 3239. The room assigned was room 3231, four doors down from the requested room Beautiful view, great room. Success!

3 Likes

Hi. I’ve been looking at the room finder function (really fantastic by the way) and I’m a bit confused about the AKL. I’m considering the club level 1 bedroom at Jambo House. I thought those were all on the upper levels, but when I do the search it only shows one room on the first floor and not with an Arusha view. Is that my only option? Or are there 1-bedrooms on the club level that I can look at. Thank you!!! I am so enjoying planning for this trip thanks to you and your team!

Did you ever get a pic from your room? I am planning on submitting a room request and this was one I was interested in!

Picked my room…will the fax go out automatically and will I be notified that it went?

1 Like

All this great information is in the very first post:

"Today we put into production a feature that’ll automatically fax Disney your specific room request, 5 days before your check-in date.

I’ll do a blog post on this later in the week, but here’s the gist of it:

**- Use the Dashboard to tell us your travel dates and hotel you’re staying at

• Choose a specific hotel room using the Hotel Room View1.6k tool
  • Back on the Dashboard, click the “edit” button next to your room number, and add your contact info, Disney reservation number, any other text (like birthday celebrations, etc.) to the body of the text**

We’ll send you an alert 7 days before your check-in to remind you that the fax is going to be sent. We’ll also send you an alert when Disney’s fax machine has confirmed receipt.

If Disney’s faxes are busy, we’ll retry for up to 24 hours. In the event the fax doesn’t work for 24 hours, we’ll alert you, give you a copy of the text, and tell you how to use a free online service to fax Disney.

Those of you doing split-stays will be able to fax both room requests by setting up two separate trips, with different check-in dates."

When you save your fax on the website, it should tell you “Your room request has been saved and will be faxed 5 days before your trip.” on a green strip just above your fax. Once it is faxed you will get a confirmation email once it has successfully been sent.

Pixie dust that you get the room you want (or something pretty close)!!

1 Like

we are a group of two parties we have two rooms each with a differerent Disney Reservation number, I have just put in the request for the room we want under my reservation number and in the comments section have mentioned that we would like to be placed next to the other party in the room next door and mentioned that room number and the name of the lead traveller on the booking and his disney reservation number. I hope that is ok, or is there a better way to request the room for him? thanks