It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

I’d use the first sentence to describe the kind of room in more detail (if it needs more detail), then a list. Reason is that they’re dealing with a lot of faxes, and the less they have to read to understand, the more time they have to actually work on the request.

Close with a big “Thank you, room assigner who does magic behind the scenes” or something similar. :slight_smile: Let me know how it goes.

We ended up with 9519-not the exact room from our request, but definitely in the area we wanted! We are on the first floor very close to our first room pick! Thanks for the assist @len …I never would have thought to request a room (let alone know what to request!) without Touring Plans!

We requested room 4322 at Jambo House and got 4326 a savannah room without the extra cost , Thank You.

We used this service and we were very happy with it! We didn’t get exact room, but one 3 rooms down and it still had a wonderful view. Thank you Touring Plans! We will definitely use your room request again!

To all the touring plans wizards!!! I just returned from my trip and we got the rooms we requested through the touring plans site!!! I heard about this site when Len did an interview on the Disney nerds podcast and immediately became a member. I have recommended it to every Disney person I know. Thanks for helping make our vacation magical!!!

2 Likes

We just checked out of 3411 at the poly. That’s Tuvalu, 3rd floor center facing Seven Seas Lagoon. We put 3410 in our request, so I’d call the room next door with the exact same gorgeous view a total success.

For what it’s worth, we left the standard fax text and then added on a personal note about it being our anniversary trip, etc.

We will definitely be using the fax again for our trip next year.

Thanks Touring Plans! Thanks @Len !!!

4 Likes

Woo! Glad to hear it worked out. Thanks!

First fax for our split stay went out today Thanks@Len and company. Double checking the AKL fax now.

Too excited to see what happens!

To which email do I send the room pics?

Very exciting! hotel_photos@touringplans.com

1 Like

HI @len just got back from a quick weekend at WL- requested 6001 but when we got there at 2pm room wasn’t ready and I caved and just got what was “ready” :slight_smile: ended up with room 5150- nice view of villa pool and side view of beach/lake. Prob an awful room when they start construction!! Also had a leak in hallway or something- a few rooms were closed and big dryers were in hallway! Poor WL- looking a little worn down right now :frowning: oh well- stay had an amazing weekend!! Here’s a view pic! Thanks!!

k

2 Likes

The fax worked this time! Got the exact room we wanted WL #6039. Perfect! Thanks @Len!

1 Like

I stayed at AofA last week. Requested room 5582, top floor, facing the lake, wanting to minimize noise. I got 5740. Third floor, facing the Lion King section. I would have considered that essentially an equivalent, but I had noted on my fax that I wanted to minimize noise issues, and while 5740 only gets a 2 on the touring plans chart, it’s actually VERY loud because they set up the movie screen right under there most nights. I even called down to the front desk because it was 10pm and I couldn’t get my kids to sleep because it sounded like Muppets Most Wanted was blasting on our TVs. (I realize that isn’t TP’s fault. I’m just complaining. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Ah, I’ll update that room info on the site. Thanks @emmyl658!

Does this work for a DVC room or just the regular resort rooms?

Both faxes sent out successfully. Holding breath until tomorrow to see the results of the Wilderness Lodge fax.

2 Likes

We’ve had success with all rooms. I’ve personally used it several times at DVC. Let us know how it goes please.

The instruction said to choose a specific room then edit. If there is no picture for DVC room (Grand Floridian), do I just pick any room and edit the fax page? I know which room I would like to stay already. Thanks

This is the message I got- Room View for Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows is not available!

How do I proceed?

@len , if SW, W, NW, facing rooms doesn’t matter and our most important request is connecting rooms on a specific floor in a specific era, should we just list the connecting room combo’s in the portion of the fax that says: For our upcoming stay, we’d like to request this type of room:?
Or should we leave the wording exactly the way it populates and then just explain what we are looking for within the text?
Thank you for all your help and we will definitely let you know how it works for us in November!

Hmmmm…that’s unusual. Where’d you see that message, @marlo7245? Here’s the Poly’s map.