It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Does anyone know when TP sends the fax? If it says have it in by midnight does it gonout at midnight or later? Just wanted to know when you should wonder if the fax was not sent.

The fax is sent out 5 days from the day you check in.
Midnight is the deadline to have it in and I would think the faxes are sent sometime during that day.
You will get a confirmation email once your fax is successfully sent.

This is the info included in the first post of this thread and hopefully this answers some of your questions:

"We’ll send you an alert 7 days before your check-in to remind you that the fax is going to be sent. We’ll also send you an alert when Disney’s fax machine has confirmed receipt.

If Disney’s faxes are busy, we’ll retry for up to 24 hours. In the event the fax doesn’t work for 24 hours, we’ll alert you, give you a copy of the text, and tell you how to use a free online service to fax Disney."

1 Like

“During the day” was what I was looking for, thank you!!! :blush: I was worried it was an automatic thing at midnight.

Thank you for doing this as a part of the service. I really appreciate it.

For our trip to DW three weeks ago we used the automatic fax for three different hotels.

Our first night we spent at POP in a standard room, and requested room 5113 - we ended up in room 5126, so not too far away from our request. The view was of a wall instead of the lake we had wanted.

For the main portion of our trip (six nights) we stayed at the BC in a standard room. The room we requested was 3682. We received from 3680 - which was perfect! It had a full balcony, and was a corner room - we were thrilled.

The last night of our trip we stayed at Art of Animation in a family suite. We had hoped to stay in a Nemo suite (per my DD12’s request). We asked for room 4536, but ended up in 4517 - a handicap room. The hotel made it clear that this room was the only one available in the Nemo theming, so we decided to stay with Nemo!

All three hotels had our requests before we arrived. And I did online check in, but I did not make any special requests. I let the fax from TP make any special locale requests.

2 Likes

Got my 26th choice for rooms. So… I guess it worked?

You really entered 26 choices? That’s kind of awesome.

2 Likes

Actually 55 choices. So half way up the list. I’ll roll with it. I have to bid things at work, it’s a monthly routine with plan A, B, C…

The room planner probably said forget this, you go there.

Not for nothing, but that may be what actually happened.

Let us know how the rest of your trip goes, please, and if there’s anything else we can help with.

When looking at the room maps, why are some rooms shaded and some are not?

The shaded rooms (in red) should match the filters set on the room finder. The ones in white do not.

Ok…ty!

Okay, report time! Back from our first trip. Booked at the GF, requested Conch Key 7430, but did put on the TP fax request that if that was a dormer room, then we needed a different room instead. Apparently 7430 is a dormer room as we were put into 7330. I mentioned on the fax that it was our first ever stay in WDW, as well as the fact there were two of us celebrating birthdays. No extra pixie dust shrug.

The room itself was very nice, almost in a corner and near the boat dock…which was a mixed blessing. Convenient to leave and return by, but somewhat noisy with the boats coming and going most of the night.

Not a bad room. Stay was nice.

3 Likes

I selected a room for the room request, but didn’t realize I needed to “edit” the request with my name and conf #, so I missed the 5-day deadline :frowning: Since I didn’t receive a confirmation email, I went back to my dashboard last night and completed the “edit”. Any chance the fax will be sent today? Or did I miss my chance at using this feature because I missed the 5-day deadline? We check in this Friday (Oct 2). I am trying to decide if I should send my own request via fax to ensure we get our room selection/area. TIA!

Let’s tag @len and see if he can answer this for you :blush:

Man, that’s bad UI design on our part. Sorry about that @amyers0226.

Your fax was sent successfully about 45 minutes ago.

1 Like

Stayed in AKL Kadiani Villas last week. Requested 7808, or close to lobby upper floor. Got 7742, so upper floor, not so close to lobby, but not nearly as far as half the other rooms. No complaints, view was great. We were pretty much right in the middle of the wing, view was straight out to the savanna, no building in front of us. I emailed a picture of the view while I was there last week. Thanks for this service!

ETA: I also requested north or northeast or something like that and I got that part of the request. For view purposes I liked where we were better than the rooms that would have faced across the savanna to another room.

4 Likes

Thank you @spoerlx3 for getting my concern to @len to fix! I really appreciate the help. This was my first time on the forum…wasn’t really sure how it worked, but it certainly turned out well for me :smile:

3 Likes

Not sure what you did @len, but my dashboard shows that my fax has been sent! Thank you very much for making that happen for me! I actually sent an additional fax this morning via GotFreeFax, so hopefully between the two faxes we will get into one of the rooms (or at least in the area) of where we requested. This is such a great feature…I have really enjoyed my membership to TP. Thanks for all you do!

2 Likes

:+1:

It happened automatically. :smile: Let us know what you end up with, please.