It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Dang, you guys think of everything.
I just discovered the “alert” feature by accident… (yes, feeling asleep at the wheel on that one!)

And my cousin said that TP’s “alert” feature made her aware of a room discount during her stay that she didn’t know about & was able to take advantage of… and thus, her (previously non-believing) husband how sees the value of TP as it already paid for itself, though he remains bemused by her planning efforts… after their low-to-non-waiting-in-line trip this summer, I suspect he’ll be on board, as will more of the family when they find out how well their trip went.

2 Likes

I’m working on requesting a room at yacht club. Does anyone know if all the balconies are the same size, or do some rooms/floors have larger balconies?

What view do you have and how many nights? ( asking since I had luck recently there)

Garden view, 9 ! nights (biggest trip ever! )

1 Like

That’s awesome! Glad it helped.

We had middling success at POR this week. Requested a room facing the river in Oak Manor. Got a room facing the parking lot in Oak Manor. I was happy with what I had, and would have been unhappy with what I requested as the river side seemed noisier. So it all worked out for the best.

1 Like

I sent our team over to Oak Manor on Tuesday to get some updated view photos, and also requested a river view (paid for it, too). They got put in Alligator Bayou, and the CM told them that Oak Manor river view was sold out! Not sure whether that was a convention, or it’s just super popular.

Was your original reservation for a standard view, or a river view?

@len First thank you for this service. Second, a question I hope hasn’t been asked multiple times, how do I request the fax if I am doing a split stay but at the same hotel. It is PoP for 8/29 to 9/2 and then Pop 9/2 to 9/12. Just one fax? Don’t want to combine reservations because the 2nd half is thru a travel agent and the first four days are not and would rather keep that that way. Should I just request same room/ area for both and note the other ressie in the comments? Was at PoP in April, did not get a room anywhere near where I requested but the room I got was better! Similar view but way closer to transportation and food court. Going in to request that room for Aug/Sept (room 6332) I realized that the picture you have posted is incorrect. Promise to take picture next trip regardless of room. Thanks again for all your help

I’d list both reservation numbers on the fax, and mention that it’s a split stay. You should be fine.

Let me know about the photo for 6332. It’s always possible we’ve typo’d the room number. Thanks!

Can do about the room picture. The pic on touringplans is towards the court yard and the room is on the other side towards the trees/lake

Our reservation was for garden view. The Room finder shows some garden view rooms on the river side; I requested one of those.

Thanks for following up.

1 Like

I just got back from a week at AOA. I requested room 5826 with notes that I wanted a lake side view in a quiet room away from the pool. I got room 4825 which is the same in room in the opposite “Finding Nemo” building. It had everything we were looking for. I’d call this a success. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Len, just sent you photos of our rooms at GF 5327 and 5329.

Does this work for Old Key West? I haven’t seen any mentions of OKW in this thread. I have done online check-in and selected upper floor, near elevator. I would love to have buildings 62 or 63 as I would like an upper floor (for the view and less noise), but those buildings have elevators. I don’t want an upper floor if I have to take the stairs with luggage, etc. I paid for a studio using DVC points, but would love to be upgraded to a 1 bedroom…I know that is a long shot. Any suggestions?

It should work, yes. Give it a try, please, and let us know what happens.

Will do - thanks.

Requested room 4313 got room 4214. So more or less directly one room below the room I requested. This was at POFQ. I’d call this a success. Thank You.

2 Likes

We will be checking in this Saturday and I received the notice that my fax was sent, YAY!!! I also received an email from Disney stating that I was eligible to skip the front desk and go straight to my room. Has any one had any problems with this interfering with the room request?

I have a question on how to handle a room request for my group of 6. We have reserved 2 rooms, and our TA set it up under 2 reservation numbers. How should I make the room request for the rooms through my dashboard? Do I need to include both reservation numbers somewhere? We would like the rooms to be adjoining or connecting. Thanks!

I’d put both room request confirmation numbers on the same fax, and say that you’d like adjoining or connecting rooms. Use one fax for best results, and let us know how it goes.