It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

@Gussy, that was the way we always played it, giving general preferences. Last trip we stayed at POR and used the Room View in Touring Plans to pick the Royal Rooms that we really liked. I customized my request just to try and get the area I wanted. It worked perfectly and we had the most amazing view of the Sassagoula plus a short walk to the main building.

Especially when paying for a Deluxe or top of the line room at a Moderate, I don’t feel bad asking for a specific room, not only because of the amount of money but also because part of the selling point to the higher end rooms and resorts is the setting. If I’m paying for a Woods view room at WL, I’d like to try to have a say in which woods view I get.

So far, TP’s Room Finder has worked perfectly for me and, as long as I use please, thank you and be polite and don’t get too picky about what I’m requesting, I don’t have any problem asking for specific rooms and locations.

1 Like

Ok, just discovered this tool here two weeks before we leave. I put in for my request a ground floor or third floor, Ranchos, facing a courtyard. Hoping I get it. I am wondering, am I able to use this because I have a paid subscription?

1 Like

NeedaTurkeyLeg, we will be staying in a Royal Room (River View) in PO-R for our 1st ever trip to WDW. I bookmarked the room # you gave in a post awhile back because you really liked that room. I was hoping to look at your room to narrow down our search; then make a request with your room & others like it (to, hopefully, better our chances). Based on what len responded, it sounds like I can do this. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks so much for this got a great room with a view of the monorail. Just what we wanted🌴

1 Like

Len,
Have you had any reports of how this is working at Wilderness Lodge, specifically, yet?

Thanks!

1 Like

@Gussy30, if you have looked at the Room View for room 9530, you can see the Sassagoula running through the center of the picture and if you look just to the right of center, you can see the blue and red signs. Just behind those signs you can see the bridge across the Sassagoula. The other side of that bridge is the sidewalk of the main building and to the right is the path that leads to the main pool and the marina. This room is quiet, great view and yet very centrally located.

I’m sorry if I missed this in the comments, but…is this working for Club Levels? I’ve tried it for Wilderness Lodge and tool finds no results.

This new feature worked great for me! I received the EXACT room I requested at CSR earlier this week. Thanks Len!

Haven’t looked specifically for WL, but Laurel stayed there last week.

Send me an email with the specific request you’ve got for CL at WL, please - I’ll have one of the developers look at it. Might be a simple database thing. Thanks! (len at touringplans.com).

Another not quite a success story.

We requested a king at PoP and were told nothing available. When I asked if they had received the room request she just kind of shrugged and said “I don’t see anything”

It was a long shot to start with. Oh well we ended up in a room in the 70s bld facing the bus stop. nice short walk so all’s well that ends well.

1 Like

I made my room only resort reservation through Orbitz, located the 6-digit alphanumeric resort confirmation number on my reservation, and successfully entered it in MDE. The next day, I got a welcome email from Disney Destinations showing my resort reservations, which includes a 12-digit numerical confirmation number, although the 6-digit alphanumeric number is what appears in MDE. Which of these confirmation numbers should I be using for the room request?

Wondering if I can do this via one fax when I have a party of 12 (three rooms)? We would like them all adjacent with two connecting. I have access to all three reservation numbers. IMO-there is no reason I need to make three trip plans-- as we are all touring together and plan to follow the same plan.
Any suggestions or tips for this situation? @len

I believe the 12digit one should begin with a four? That should be Disney’s number the letter one is Orbitz’s

1 Like

Does the room finder identify connecting rooms? We’ll need them when we go next year.

I agree that it should be the longer number.

Rats. But good to know for future stats.

If you’re still at the parks, let me know if there’s anything we can do for you.

No problem, a request is just that. Thanks for the new tool!

I am having some trouble with BLT room requests. It seems like for that resort you can only request rooms on the first floor. My “solution” was to change the text of the automatically generated request. Is that going to work or is this digitally processed by Disney somehow and will now completely fail since I messed with it?

If it helps, we have a lake view studio and I am try to request a higher floor, north facing room that ends in either 06 or 08 (but not xx14 which are all accessible!) — the stealth MK view rooms. :slight_smile:

I have a standard view booked for beach club and I have been looking at the room finder, but I am having trouble because I want a room that has a daybed and balcony. The room descriptions don’t say if there is a daybed or not and what type of balcony it has. Is that something I would add in the text of the request?

Hey @thanulec- that’s interesting. What kind of filters are you using on the rooms at BLT? I’d like to take a look at it.