How to check for FP availability in another park without losing the current FP selections

Thank you for these instructions! I am trying to check FP availability for FoP in AK, but my reserved FP’s are in EP. Two different CMs (including one tech support person) told me today that there is no way to check AK availability without canceling my EP FP’s. I just tried your method and it worked like a charm!

2 Likes

I tried to use this but I am no longer able to apply. When I get to the Further Action is Required page, I am unable to select “continue with guest” as only “remove from party” is available as an option. :frowning_face:

These are the steps you should follow, using the App:

From the FP page, you need to proceed as adding a new FP, so:

~ tap the “+”
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won’t lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that’s when any original FP+ are replaced.

Is that what you’re doing? Definitely adding a new FP (even though you already have 3)?

I have booked all of my FP but am considering switching our last AK day to A different day and park. Before just canceling and switching I was looking to see what was available. But it won’t let me continue, my only option is to remove guest from party.

You must have a day of ticket media available for this to work. If you only have 7 day tickets and already have 7 days of FP booked, you can’t check FP on an eighth day without canceling one of your days. You can check on one of the 7 days already booked without canceling.

2 Likes

OK thank you for clearing that up! I was trying to look at a date past the days I already have booked for. So that was the problem.

2 Likes

Yes, this ^^^^

Well “caught”, @AuntB_luvsDisney. :slightly_smiling_face: I was assuming they were trying to modify not add. But it makes sense that they could also be trying to do this for an extra day when they have no ticket entitlements left.

2 Likes

Oh no way!!! THANK YOU!!! I always thought that it would cancel the existing plans! Is it the same for checking FPP in a park that you already have 3 reservations in?

In this case you will have to use MODIFY.

And in a tiered park, if you already have a tier 1 you need to modify that one to see other tier 1 availability.

1 Like

Oh bummer! That’s my issue! I want to see if there are any morning 7DMT slots but I already have other morning FPP just in case so it won’t show me any available morning times. So there’s no way around this other than to cancel them? I don’t want to end up with an afternoon BTMR or PP if I can help it.

@Nicky_S even if you have not scanned any of your 3 FP yet? I thought it would work in that case. But of course if you have already scanned one or two FP for the day only modify would work in the same park.

1 Like

No, none have been scanned. I have cancelled a lower priority FPP and then created new and searched and was able to see available times but they were highlighted in black and said “you already have a FP at this time” but I was able to select it and replace/cancel the existing one, but I can only do that if I’m creating a FPP, not modifying. Essentially it looks like I have no hope of modifying an evening high priority FPP to an earlier time so long as I already have FPP in place for the morning?

I am testing for you…

Edit:
As usual @Nicky_S is correct. App is forcing modify. Let me check browser.

Edit: Browser also forces modify for same park.

1 Like

Thanks for checking. I feel like in the past I was able to modify and view other available times, even if I had a FPP already booked or overlapping that time slot. Did it used to allow it?

Well thanks for testing it. It’s easy to get confused and when I read your comment it seemed to make sense; if you hadn’t have posted the result before I’d seen your first response, I would probably have doubted myself! :joy:

1 Like