Hopefully Decent Plan

It is definitely open and when I walked through the seating area Labor Day it looked like all construction was complete.

I am a little confused by this. Do you not want to use all of these FPs? You can make just one or two if you want and as soon as you scan your last one in EP you can book HS.

Yes. I’d rather not need them so I can cancel them, and reschedule the remaining at a diff park later that day. If I’m thinking about this correctly, if I can cancel the last 2, or hopefully all three by a decent time, I can reschedule at the park I’m hopping to later, and have a decent selection.

Didn’t even think of checking for Jedi slots on day 1. Awesome idea! I just assumed it would be filled up!

Are you scheduling them in case the lines are long? I am trying to understand why you are scheduling them?

Exactly. If I have to use them all, then I’ll just grab one for the park I’m hopping to after I check in at the last one. If the lines are favorable, then I’ll cancel (hopefully 2 or more) and then I can reserve those in the park I’m hopping to. If I don’t have to use 2, or 3, then I can reserve them at the park that might be busier later instead of wasting them in lines that are not going to save me that much time.

If you cancel you may have to wait? Fr. some reason I think having them expire is recommended?

I’ll check on that, but I thought you can reschedule immediately after cancelled, just like on the mde non-mobile site. I’m assuming that if I have three scheduled, then check in for one, as soon as I check in for one, I can cancel the other two, and then reserve 2 more at a diff park, since we are allowed to schedule 3 at one park, but you cannot reserve those first three at more than one park at initial setup. Since we’re going for rope drop, and the tier 2 experiences have generally low wait times, if I hit the Tier 1 experience early with a scheduled fastpass, and the wait times for the tier 2’s are low enough, I might as well cancel the tier 2’s as early as I can so I can schedule 2 rides at a diff park later, instead of using the fastpasses at the first park, and only being able to schedule 1 fastpass at the park we’re hopping to after I check in for the tier 2 rides at Epcot.

There probably won’t be any jedi slots left by lunchtime, but there’s no harm in trying. If you do 1 FPP in your first park, you can still only book 1 FPP in the second park, not sure if you realise this.

Did you see this Forum thread? I remember a caution about cancelling and will try to find it.

I found the caution but it was tgat you used to be able to cancel two tier 2s and then schedule another tier 1 at that park but that no longer works.

No if you schedule and use one FPP in the first park you will be able to book the next two same day for another park. After the first three then it will be one at a time.

1 Like

I am not sure about the cancelling. I know if you only schedule one then you can schedule same day the next two in a different park but I don’t know if that loop hole works if you preschedule 3 FPP and then cancel 2 of them. I would be interested in hearing a report back.

1 Like

@marciemiwi have you tried this yet? Does it matter if you cancel some that are prescheduled instead of only scheduling 1 FPP?

1 Like

Thank you, that’s interesting,

I just spoke with the Dis Help Desk. If you schedule 3 fastpasses at park a, then you get to park a, and find crowds to be “good,” you can check in for the first fastpass if you need it, then cancel the next two if you find that you do not need them, and immediately schedule two fastpasses at a different park. I’d assume that you can do this for all three fastpasses as well. It doesn’t make sense to do it for only one fastpass, unless you think you’ll get better choices for park b the sooner you can cancel it.
So, in my case, what I’m hoping for is:
Epcot, on an AM EMH day -
3 FP scheduled:

1. Test Track 9:30am
  2. Spaceship Earth 10:30am
  3. Mission Space 11:30am

Ok, so I plan to do soarinx2 and test track x2
8am Soarin x2
9am Test Track x 2
My assumption is that I’ll need the fast pass for test track, but for those tier 2’s - if I can cancel them, since they are usually a modest wait, then I can immediately schedule 2 fastpasses at a different park, instead of using them, and only being able to schedule one fastpass at the different park.

Similar hopes at Animal Kingdom for am emh. I scheduled the fastpasses to solidify the touring plan. If I don’t need them, I’ll hopefully be able to schedule them at the park I’ll be hopping to later that day. The sooner I can cancel them in park a, the better choices I’ll have for park b.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll be able to make 2 at a different park if you use 1 at Epcot. I think the system will recognise you have used an fp at the first park and therefore limit you to 1 at a time thereafter. Otherwise everyone would be able to make 3 fps as soon as they had used all of their original 3.

Everyone is allowed to pre-schedule 3 fastpasses. If you schedule 3, but cancel two, you can simply reschedule 2. If you schedule 3, and cancel 3, you can then reschedule 3. I specifically asked the Disney Help Desk about checking in for the first FP at park a, and then cancelling the remaining two. She confirmed that I would be able to schedule my remaining 2 at a different park. I think you are assuming that the system is not able to keep track of the number of prescheduled fastpasses. It is. It knows you have three. After the three are used, you only get one at a time. You don’t get reset each time you go to a park. What threw me off is that when pre-scheduling them, you are not allowed to schedule the three in more than one park. Apparently, after you check in for your first, then you can cancel the other two, and immediately reschedule those two in another park. I actually asked this question to a disney agent a few months ago, but after the comments here, I called back this am just to make sure. I’ll hopefully be able to test in Early Nov.

1 Like

How was your trip? Did you go forward with your plan of use one FP and then schedule 2 in another park? Can you confirm that things worked as you expected in practice?

Trip was really good. Didn’t get to do the 2 park fp thing because of a few snags. Trip report:
http://forum.touringplans.com/t/trip-report-11-3-11-8/29195