Help with tipping

Wow all this about tipping. Should I give 15%, 18%, or 20%. What’s with the percentage? Did you get a better service because your meal cost you more? Did the waiter, waitress bring you an expensive dessert so you have to tip them more. Did you know that employers love you to tip the employees so they don’t have to pay them as much. Who do you think really profits from your tipping? That’s right! The company. Now if the company paid their employees a LIVING wage you would not have to tip. As stated, because you tip the employer takes that into consideration and pays accordingly. So you tell me who is the one that profits the most from tipping? The employee or the employer? Have you ever heard of a Union? It’s a nasty word down south. Here in Central US many jobs are unionized just for that reason. If your employer can get you to work for peanuts they will and they will only be too glad to either pocket the profits or increase their stock dividends to their shareholders. Don’t get me wrong, I tip but I tip what I wish to tip but mostly it is not a percentage. For good service I will tip $10 to $15 dollars. I don’t generally tip maids as my room costs me a fortune as it is. Also maid service a paid wage. Now I know a lot of you will skuff at unions, and god knows there are enough corrupt one’s out there, but that is what unions are supposed to be about. They ask for a decent share of the profits so you as a employee can make a LIVING wage. Now some Non Union employees will say I am doing just fine without a union and they probably are. Many employers would rather pay a decent wage than have to deal with unions. Therefore to some degree they are unionized because they reap the benefits like employees that are. What doe this have to do with tipping you ask. Tipping should be something you give willingly for service you feel deserves it. Tipping should not be given because it is expected of you and at a percentage of the bill no less . Yes I was Union but I would not have had to been if my employer was willing to give me a living wage without having had to have some enity stand up for me. For those of you who are anti union be gratified to know there are less and less of them and most have little to no bargaining power anymore. Disney for the most part is non-union so continue to tip according to what you believe is right. I guarantee you if you hand a $10 tip to a waiter or waitress they will gladly take it. DocHopper

Hahahaha paid toilets is actually one of the funny things I always laugh at as “so European.” In Germany most of the highway rest areas have the paid toilets and my in-law family and their tiny bladders are always scrambling for change. There you have to pay to get INTO the bathroom so you can’t even save and share a stall!

1 Like