Help with 1st DLR weekend trip needed!

Seasoned WDW traveler in need of a little help. Driving cross country from east coast to LA with DD21 in a few weeks to drop her off at college and would like to spend a few days at DLR when we get there. I have been putting so much energy in the drive, I haven’t really planned the DLR part yet (very unlike me, have always planned WDW trips down to the minute!). So now I’m stressing out a little and hoping liners can help a little. I have a book (Go West, Young Mouse) and haven’t had time to read it!!!

Planning to stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel, as the rest of our trip will eat up quite a bit of our budget. Contemplating those closest to park entrance, ie Park Vue, Carousel, or Fairfield- any input on these hotels (pros/cons to any)? Don’t need anything fancy, just clean. Free parking and free breakfast a bonus.

Any benefit to booking through Disney or not? I noticed some of the hotels are not listed on their site and also that sometimes the hotel’s website has a better rate. Any down side to booking directly with hotel and getting tickets separately- looks cheaper, from what I can tell.

Should I buy tickets in advance (4 day PH)? Through Disney’s website? Not too worried about saving pennies or a few dollars.

Any other advice you have to offer would also be GREATLY appreciated, we will be arriving at the end of Aug on a Thurs aft./eve. and leaving the following Sun late morning, which gives us 2 full days, and evening and a morning.

TIA!!!

I’ve stayed at Fairfield and Carousel. We prefer Fairfield, but they have been raising their prices. Carousel is fine, but not my first choice. I also like the Hotel Indigo but that’s a couple minutes farther by walking.

I don’t think there’s any benefit to booking through Disney. We always book everything separately. I have an AP, but I’ve been buying my husband’s tickets online in advance so we don’t wait in a line at the ticket booth.

Thank you!

If you have a preferred hotel brand, I would check those out. I use Hilton for work a lot and there are a bunch of those properties within walking distance. I’ve stayed at some for work and some for fun and they’ve all been clean and well kept. And sometimes you can find deals on their sites.

We had a work conference at the nearby convention center last year and stayed at the Alpine Inn. My coworkers made fun of it, but we really weren’t in our rooms for very long and it was clean and convenient (though breakfast was sparse).

I would HIGHLY recommend the Disneyland Hotel, if you really want to splurge. It was great and super-Disney, as well as convenient to the parks. I have booked a Costco package with the Disneyland Hotel twice, which was a bit of a deal and you got some extra benefits (free character meal, free pins, etc.)

Have fun!

Good Advice

If you’re still wondering about tickets the advantage to buying them in advance is that tickets 3 days or longer purchased in advance include a Magic Morning. Tickets bought at the ticket booths do not include the MM.