Help on Dining!

The answer to your question depends a great deal on the types of dining (table, quick service, etc.) that you are planning on eating, and how often are you going to do that during your vacation. The DPs are really only advantageous when you wish to eat primarily at table service/signature dining rooms during your entire stay. Then, you can save a great deal by using the Deluxe DP as each guest will often find that their food costs for a day regularly exceeds the $117 it costs to use that plan. My son (a professional golfer) and I find that it costs that much per person just for dinner. With the exception of 3 restaurants (all at Epcot), we have never had a bad meal, or bad dining experience at these signature restaurants - those restaurants were: The Coral Reef; Monsieur Paul; and the Chefs Du France. We have tried a couple of the other DPs, and found them to be more costly than paying OOP.

Regardless as to whether you are using a DDP or not, MAKE SURE that you make your reservations ASAP when the 180 day dining reservation window opens, you are substantially more likely to get your chosen days/times. This applies to Resort Guests. Guests staying off-property have a window that opens at 160 days. If you donā€™t get your chosen restaurants and times, you can try going to most of these restaurants for lunch, the lunch menus are generally the same and less expensive. If all else fails, check with restaurantā€™s check-in desk and see if anything has opened up, as people often cancel reservations or simply donā€™t show up for their scheduled time.

Hi. This is the second time lately I have seen this posted, and it is not true. Anyone can book ADRā€™s at 180 days. Onsite guests can book all of their dining up to 10 days on this day, 180 days out from your arrival date. Offsite people have to book each day separately. Agree that as a resort guest, make your ADRā€™s on the 180 day, but offsite people are booking that day as well, just only for the first day. Hope this clarifies for you the 180 day thing.

I believe a few years back this was the case. I may be wrong. That said, you can see the advantage booking for 10 days at once.

our trip will consist of park fun ,relaxation ,and good dining. I am planning to get the most out of the DDP
Not to mention it is nice to not only to utilize and maximize the plan but the stress free of knowing your food becomes in a sense all inclusive is a plus