Help Needed: Touring Plans Review for WDW First-Timers

Hi again,

i checked FP+ for FoP several times, but i think we´ll have no chance getting one.
Now, i´m really afraid, we can´t ride.

What is the predicted wait times now (CL 6) at RD? When do we need to arrive at the gates?
Do we have to run to the attraction?

Questions, questions, questions, …
Can anyone share their experience, please…

I’m sorry you didn’t get a FP for it. I’ve been hearing that people are having good luck getting through the Flight of Passage queue quickly first thing in the morning. It sounds like the strategy is to arrive at Animal Kingdom a full hour before the posted opening time. AK opens at 9 am on August 25, so that would be 8 am. It sounds like they are letting people in quite early, so if you’re at the front of the pack you could be finished with FOP by 9:15. Then do Na’vi River Journey right away, while all the people who are still just arriving are standing in line for FOP. It’s worth a try!

3 Likes

I agree with SillySamsMom, but if you have to take a break back to your hotel you can always take uber or Lyft back to minimize the commute time. It is an added expense but might be worth it to get more park time.

1 Like

This might help!
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/animal-kingdom-pandora-rope-drop-with-9am-open-72517/

3 Likes

Thank you for the info and especially the “headz up”.

Interesting, not particularly encouraging text from easy wdw…
Nivi River won´t be a problem, due to a FP+ at 09:40 AM
(at least if we are already out of FOP again) :smile:

1 Like

I think that getting there early should work well with your plan. Maybe? If you’re exhausted from traveling and don’t make it early enough to be at the front of the FOP line, at least you’ll know how long the wait will be and can decide not to waste all morning in it. Good luck!