Help me pick my hotel

We stayed in a top floor Nemo suite and did not have any noise issues. We also did not have any issues with public areas but the times we used those areas was at lower crowd times (eg. we ate our meals not at peak times). We expected our stay to feel “value” but it exceeded those expectations.

If you are a Costco member, you should check their travel site.

I’m a Swan/Dolphin fan as well. Location and price. There is something to be said for walking to and from DHS and Ep while the rest of the world is parking or waiting for a bus. Especially for am emh, or getting back to the room at night (or a break during the day.) You also have the entire epcot resort area and the Boardwalk at your back door, and with hoppers, the WS is a food court - even though SWolphin’s restuarants are some of the best on property. Your kids will not miss any Disney theming if they like pools, by the way.

Actually…I’m starting to think all of the Swan fans should keep it more hush-hush.

1 Like

Thanks. I reached out to MVT. My vacation is too far out and they don’t have their exclusive offers for Nov, 2018 yet. I’ll keep checking.

Appears that Costco Travel only offers hotels in Orlando that aren’t WDW resorts and off property. Is that right, or am I missing something?

After all the mention of Swan/Dolphin, I checked their prices. $4500 (more than 2x my res. at AofA) for 8 nights in a standard room. I have no doubt that it’s a much better choice (location, noise, etc), but I just can’t afford that.

Scratch that - the $4500 included park tickets. Looks to be $1000 more for the same itinerary vs. Art of Animation. There wasn’t a place that showed discounts for military. Perhaps I have to call them directly to inquire about that. One of the adults traveling is a vet. I wonder if he would qualify for the discount and could book the two rooms under his name.

Does it have to be the AofA? That is a value resort but it is all themed. Themed resorts end up costing you nearly the same as a Intermediate resort. Try one of the other value resorts such as Pop Century. We have stayed there and it was great. Remember themed room can cost you an extra $75 a night. What to you get value wise for the theme? AofA is relatively new and cost more than the other value resorts because it is popular and Disney can get their price. I would stay on propriety though because that is what Disney is all about, plus you get the extra’s.

Costco just added Saratoga Springs. Which is a Disney operated resort.

Swan / Dolphin have most of the benefits of being a Disney Operated resort which makes them a lot different than all of the other “off sites.” I think “off - site” is a VERY misleading name when referring to S/D. S/d is VERY on-site. There are only a handful of resorts that are walking distance to parks, and I can almost guarantee that S/D are cheaper than all of them (rack rate.) S/D might be a very nice option for some ppl looking to stay at an epcot area deluxe if the price is right.

Since you mention military, take a peek at Shades Of Green. I’m not sure at all if you would be able to to stay there, but iirc, it’s got some ties to the armed forces.

Try calling direct or going out to swandolphin.com I would also look at Bonnett Creek resorts as well. All are “inside” the bubble but not disney hotels / apartments.

I’ll be perfectly honest - I really don’t like the buses - they can get very crowded and it infuriates me in the the number of “gentlemen” that don’t offer a seat. Plus the service can be spotty. I honestly believe WDW does the bare minimum they need to do (individual buss drivers do a wonderful job) WDW just understaffs. So bus service is not a plus for me.

Good luck!! You still have a year to plan so be open and see what deals come up. Also for swan / dolphin - get the appropriate hotel credit card - we paid fully with points due to the their signup bonus - but you have to give yourself enough time for this to properly roll the points to your account.

It is possible to win- I just won trip from Minute Maid/ Coca Cola so I get once in a life time chance to stay at deluxe resort now waiting to hear what resort we get to stay at :blush:

2 Likes