Genius . . . or insanity?

That’s pretty much my plan.

I feel your pain.

My DW was ready to flat out murder me by the time we left with all the planning I did for our trip. I had everything written out and down and had studied, planned, restudied, booked, re-booked, changed everything and tweaked it to the Nth degree.

I tell you what though, as long as you are OK with having those plans work fluidly and realizing that no matter what you do something will throw a spanner in the works and you’ll have to modify, you’ll be fine!

Whatever you do, don’t freak out if something doesn’t go to plan or isn’t running on schedule because you’ll only ruin the experience and make the people you take around on your plan grumpy. (it took me one day of trying to force us to adhere to the plan exactly before I realized)

In the end DW was impressed with the copious amount of planning i did when it all came to fruition as it saved us a tonne of time in the park and we got to fit much more in than she expected.

Time to sit back, relax and enjoy!

Good Luck and have fun!

1 Like

I really appreciate everyone’s comments and suggestions. I was feeling quite blue about it all, but you’ve cheered me up :slight_smile:

That being said, I’m going to try to step away from the whole thing for seven days. I’m currently at 17 days to go, so that will still leave me ten final days of last minute tweaking!

Thanks again everyone :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

One thing none of our plans can foresee is a ride having technical difficulties which can mess up either your waiting time or your walking times should you choose to leave and return at a later time

1 Like

When that happens you get a free FPP, right? Do you have to ask for it or is it automatic?

It is automatic (you can see it in the app), although if you have already scanned in a CM may give you a paper FP, or tell you that you have to go to guest services.

1 Like

If you do wind up with one of those anytime passes, do they have to be used in that same park you got it in? Or can they be used in a different park if you’re park hopping?

Profmatt-
I have enjoyed all of your posts. They are extremely entertaining and makes me fell better about the obsession/ addiction that I have with planning our Disney trip.

I hope that you post trip reports as I’m sure they will be most entertaining.

I wish I could give you advice, but all I’ve got is “Have fun”
:grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

It’s certainly my intention to post trip reports . . .

2 Likes

To answer your original question “Genius or insanity” – I say it’s a little of both. Wow! And I mean it as a compliment.

1 Like

When we arrived at test track first thing with a fastpass but it was broken down they told us we could come back anytime during the day and the fast pass would be honoured

We hadn’t scanned in to the ride at that stage

When we returned we assumed we would just have to tell someone but they told us to scan in and it turned the light green as though we had a fastpass for that time (thi was 3 or 4 hrs after it would have normally expired - so the tech did something clever)

My Husband and roommate find my plans insane… So I came up with a compromise for their viewing pleasure.

This sheet shows big chunks of time, and weather the time is Structured with a TP or Free to do as we choose.

I have my TP telling me what i want to do in the order I want, my “hard points” (4pm muppets show!), and my to the 10 minute dining reservations. But this one is a great quick view so they have a idea what the day looks like and that Yes, there is unstructured time and structured time.

Perhaps, taking some time to create something like this for your companion will help them buy into the plan without stressing about details.

2 Likes

Don’t add it to your plans. If you must add it somewhere, add it to your wish list in MDE. That way you can include it if you wish to, but you’re not tinkering with the plans.

It will tell you!

I had fps booked for FEA one evening, in case we decided to go watch Illuminations that night. In the event we didn’t, we’d already been. But FEA must have had a technical issue (surely not?), so we got anytime fps. The next day we were at AK and DS and I decided to use it to ride Dinosaur.

I think the free fp had said it could be used on any ride within 24 hours, except for 7dmt. I imagine now it will exclude FoP too!

1 Like

And just remember…it’s isn’t the heat, it’s the humidity that will get you! Also, stop at Ample hills for ice cream on that walk from HS to EP!

You’ve done a great job with all your research. Remember to enjoy your trip and have fun. If you get divered to something you didn’t plan, it’ll stilll all be great.

Re: leaving Epcot at the end of the day. We stayed for Illuminations in June and left with the crowd. Belive it or not, we basically pulled right out of the lot. Somehow, we never had a wait at the end of the day. Another point in favor of having a rental car.

You’ll get a replacement fastpass if you’ve used a fastpass for that particular ride and it goes down while you’re waiting. We were in line for FEA and it broke down (which it tends to do) and chose to get out of the line. I informed the CM that we used a fastpass and she gave me the paper anytime ticket.

Conversely, we waited in line at POC for about 30 minutes and it broke down. No fastpass offered as we hadn’t used one when we got in line.

If you get evacuated from a broken ride, you’ll get a paper fastpass. That’s to make up for the shenanigans of not maintaining the ride properly!

If the ride goes down before your fastpass time, it should automatically update in your MDE account. This happened to us when Splash went down just before our FP window. We just went to Big Thunder and the Mickey turned green when we scanned our bands.

My plan for leaving Epcot on the full day where we’re parked in Epcot is actually to walk all the way round the World Showcase after closing. I’ve read it can be really nice at night when it’s quiet. And that should give the crowds chance to clear.

1 Like

Sometimes you will get one and it will tell you : here is the list you can pick from and use it today!

I’m really happy to hear that! I’ve really enjoyed your posts, too

1 Like