Food during Illuminations Cruise

Hi! We are a family of 9 going to WDW next April to celebrate my son’s high school graduation. I booked an Illuminations Cruise and was told bagged snacks & sodas are included, but I’ve also heard you can have catered food brought onto the boat from Yacht & Beach Club private dining. Has anyone ever done this? What sorts of food did you have? Is it worth the extra money? Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I WISH I could say that I have done it, sounds totally awesome. Whether it’s worth it or not probably depends on what your alternative for dinner would be that night. If you have another ADR scheduled, then I probably would not do it, but it if replaces a meal then it may very well be worth doing.

We don’t have dinner plans for that night but are having lunch at Crystal Palace at noon. We staying at Poly-Club Level and my husband is convinced we can have hot appetizers and drinks there before heading over to the cruise (he’s determined to get his money’s worth from that Club Level! LOL!).

1 Like

You can book food and drink from the YC for this cruise. I’m sure the CL concierge at your resort will be happy to help you make arrangements for this. We’ll be doing an Illuminations Cruise in November, and I think I’m going to order some wine for our group! Enjoy!

1 Like

Good idea on using the concierge. There’s a way to get your money’s worth from the CL! Maybe just get something light in addition to the snacks provided since you plan to eat at least something first.

I wonder if BYOB is allowed?

Yes, BYOB is allowed. There are tons of snacks on board - a huge tray of bags of chips, muffins, cookies, chocolate bars, etc. Giant cooler with lots of non alcoholic drinks - soda, flavoured water, maybe juice too? Not “supper” food, but good for evening munchies.

1 Like

Thanks so much! The kids will be happy with the snacks!

1 Like

Did it a couple of years ago. To each his own, but the snacks & drinks were abundant & we were encouraged to take some with us. Granted, they’re not deluxe, it’s chips & pretzels & cookies & soda/water. But it’s really more than enough for the cruise, IMO.

FYI, all agreed it was a highlight of our trip.

2 Likes

Can this be booked online? I would love to do this for our trip in April, maybe pairing up with another family to offset the costs.

You need to call this line to book a cruise 407-WDW-PLAY. Here’s some more info:

Yes, you have to call to book. They take a credit card to hold it but it will not be charged unless you are a no show. You pay for the cruise at the time of launch, so if you were able to find another family to share it with you could each pay half at that time.

I also contacted the Y&BC Private Dining and they forwarded me a menu of food and alcoholic beverages that are available.

Food Items
Vegetable Platter
Small (Serves 1-2)$14.99
Large (Serves 3-5) $25.99
· Assorted fresh cut vegetables served with ranch.
Fruit & Cheese Platter
Small (Serves 1-2)$14.99
Large (Serves 3-5) $29.99
· Assortment of Imported and Domestic Cheeses and served with crackers
Shrimp Cocktail-$37.99
· 13 large shrimp with cocktail sauce and lemons
Crispy Chicken Nuggets-$19.99
· 26 Chicken Nuggets served either traditional or buffalo style
16” Pizza - $18.99
· Additional Toppings (Extra $2.00 per topping)
o Onions
o Green Peppers
o Mushrooms
o Tomatoes
o Pineapple
o Ham
o Sausage
o Pepperoni

Beer and Wine
Beer:
Budweiser- $6.50
Bud Light- $6.50
Corona- $6.50
Heineken- $6.25
Michelob Ultra- $7.00
Yuengling- $6.50
Blue Moon- $6.50
Sam Adams- $6.50
Stella Artois- $7.50
Cigar City $7.75
Fat Tire- $7.75
Schofferhoffer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen- $7.75
Angry Orchard (Gluten Free)- $7.50
Estrella Damm Daura (Gluten Free)- $7.25
Omission Lager (Gluten Free)- $7.25

Sparkling Wine:
Paul Cheneau Lady of Spain Cuvee- $54.00
Banfi Rosa Regale- $64.00
Veuve Clicqout- $90.00
Coastal Vines- $39.00

White Wines:
Dr. Loosen, Dr. L. Riesling, Mosel- $54.00
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough- $59.00
Placido Pinot Grigio- $47.00
DeLoach Vineyards chardonnay, Russian River Valley- $54.00
Cakebread Chardonnay, Napa Valley- $83.00
Mer Soleil Silver Chardonnay- $80.00

Red Wines:
MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir, Sonoma Coast- $64.00
Canyon Road Merlot, California- $47.00
Don Miguel Gascon Malbec, Mendoza- $47.00
Simi Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley- $68.00
Black Pearl Oro Shiraz-Cabernet, Paarl- $47.00
Benziger Merlot- $59.00
De Toren Z- $80.00
Frog’s Leap Zinfandel- $68.00
B.R. Cohn Silver- $59.00

Your Cruise will automatically include 4 of the following: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root beer, Mr. Pibb & Water.
You also get assorted snacks, Oreos, Brownies, Chips (Assortment), Chocolate Chip Cookies,& Rice Krispy Treats.

(The Following items require a 72 hour notice)

Cakes
6” Cake
8” Cake
10” Cake
Mickey or Minnie Mouse Cake
Mini Dessert Trio

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this!