Flying to WDW. How to pack?

If you forget something you can ALWAYS buy it. Additionally keep room for any souvenirs.

1 Like

I like the idea of packing stuff inside shoes.

I usually pack sock inside the shoes. I also love (ok I have issues) using shoe bags - just keeps things nice and neat.
I will refold shirts so that they better fit the suitcase I am using.
Shoes and Heavy items go on the “bottom” area when upright.
Lighter items top
There is usually a hole in the middle and that is where I put more fragile things. If checking the bag - that is where I put by ditty bag.
If carry on - I put all liquids in appropriate bag and have them on the outside for security (so I don’t have to go digging at the airport)
I usually have shirts / shorts / pants that are very interchangeable (avoid shirts that only go with one pair of pants and vice verse)
Do also try to pack light enough so there is room for purchased items on the way home.
When you REALLY think of what you REALLY need - backing becomes a lot easier.

When we go to the beach - I used to pack a lot. Now I know I need two swimsuits, a pair of shorts, my flip flops and one shirt per day.

1 Like

[quote=“Tigger613, post:23, topic:36491”]
I usually have shirts / shorts / pants that are very interchangeable (avoid shirts that only go with one pair of pants and vice verse)
[/quote]I do it a different way… I pack 5 pair of tan shorts, and two or three tan striped shorts… they match all my T-Shirts :smiley:

1 Like

ha - same song - different dance. Basically options!

We did two weeks in Italy when the kids were 7 and 11. Everyone had a backpack and a rolly bag. You take it you have to move it (including my 7 yr old daughter). You had to be able to take it up / down stairs, in / out of boats, trains, etc (obviously we helped a bit) - but you want to take 10 stuffed animals - fine - YOU have to transport them. I have to say the kids did an awesome job.

2 Likes

Yes. You may be able to store it up in overhead cabin, if there’s room.