First trip to DLR -- need advice

Our first trip to DLR is rapidly approaching. 10/4 - 10/6, arriving about 1:00 pm on Saturday the 4th. We have 3-day PH tix. Traveling with DD8, who does not like scary rides. We are frequent WDW travelers.
Please give me your best advice. What should we not miss? Are there shows we must do? Any tricks that Liners know?

1 Like

Ooh, I want to know, too! Our first trip is not until April 2015, but the more I learn now the better!

Exciting! We did dlr last year and loved it. Haven’t been to wdw yet so can’t compare. Cars land is brilliant and a must. The cars ride is awesome. It’s fast but not scary - ride itself looks similar to test track I think. World of colour is amazing and not to be missed. We loved everything there except the nemo subs. The parks are super close together so it’s easy to hop back and forward. We did early entry dlr one morn and once we’d ridden everything hopped over to dca and did cars land at rd. Best of both in a morning! I’ve got some pics on my insta feed if you’re on there it’s @loveplantravel

Snow White & Pinocchio rides can be scary. Don’t miss Aladdin musical in DCA; Soundsational in DL fun, pre parade float w/Anna, Elsa, Olaf; Tangled & Beauty and the Beast shows at Royal Theatre; Pixar parade DCA; Mickey & the Magical Map DL. Still do rides that’re here & WDW ie PoTC, IASW. HM holiday overlay, Alice ride a must do.

Hey @BackIntoTheFray!! I am getting this from a thread on the DLR chat. Can’t figure out how to link it so I will just type it out here. What kind of hidden gems, little known facts, cool stuff that most people overlook… Magic shop on Main street , “children’s museum” vibe of Sorcerer’s workshop in DCA Nice AC inside a bonus, Gate 13 w/tree usually shorter lines, Walt’s apt. above firehouse, musical chairs at Coca Cola corner 2;30pm, Tiki Room Maynard, Arvin from Chicago on JC, castle walk thru (pic from room next to castle walkway ) Cozy Cone Motel look thru window in back and you can see buzz peeking out underneath a cone, Shrunken Ned in Adventure Land , Carsland neon lighting around sunset is not to be missed!! Sh -boom song will start to play, stand by Lizzie’s store: hidden mickey in Carsland near Stanley statue, Jingle the Mary Poppins horse on the carousel, Single rider if you can except Soarin which is notoriously slow. All fast pass rides are connected to the network and need to return within the time window. The Disneyland cats! Spot one if you can. They are CM’s too. Toy story Zoetrope in DCA Animation building. Waterfalls by the pooh ride exit, Backside of GRR queue, Snow White ride; look up at the entrance to see Evil Queen touch the golden apple at the entrance Sit behind Donald’s boat in Toontown for shade. Disney Characters in IASW except during holiday overlay. Have fun getting water from Goofy’s water fountain in Toontown. Make a wish or two at Snow White’s wishing well to the right of the castle ; characters do meet here too . B&W Mickey cartoons at Main St Cinema. Listen to the conversations from the wall phones in Market House. The four leaf clover in Bugsland. During Halloween season Ray Bradbury Halloween tree with jack o lanterns in Frontierland. Petrified tree by Mark Twain dock. Free mini piece of chocolate from Ghirardelli’s and sample of sourdough bread from Boudin’s . Free drink refills while dining at Rancho del Zocalo and Plaza Inn. Have heard Pizza port no longer does this but haven’t confirmed. Aladdin show! another not to be missed!! Sit section behind middle walkway on lower level. Prince Ali parade passes in front of you and you can see flying carpet… Wheelhouse of the Mark Twain. In Toontown stomp on the instrument plaques around the fountain near Minnie’s and Mickey houses they make sounds! Peter pan story time in Innoventions whew… that’s a lot of stuff ! and 99.9% came from our own @moorparknay15. She is so awesome! and kind for sharing Disneyland secrets!! Your going to have an awesome trip!!

2 Likes

Thanks @Nana2011! As you can tell I don’t do much on the computer… Sorry it looks so jumbled in. I need Jessica to teach me how to properly write on the computer. I see all these icons on the page but have only used the upload one… LOL I need computer class!

1 Like

Snow White’s fish. On the right side of the castle (coming in) every 30 minutes the fish appear in the pond in front of Snow White and the seven dwarfs ( carved out of white stone.) Plus you can hear her sing as they come out for their stroll.

Wow, thank you, everyone, for all the advice!

1 Like

Update: our tickets came today! No question; I’m just excited and wanted to share.

3 Likes