Fastpass Park Hopper preplanning

Follow this thread from last year Changes to FP+

Is this to use another tier 1 in the same park?

Let me try to answer your original question. You can pre book up to three fast passes in one park. You do not need to book all thee but you cannot book more than one park. If you are going to AK in the morning and then hopping to MK you can make three FPs for AK (9, 10, 11) and as soon as you scan your MB at 11 you can make a 4th at MK or you can make one at AK or two at AK and as soon as you scan your AK MB you can make more for AK or make the other ones at another park.

If you are at a tiered park (EP or HS) you must use or let expire all three to get another tier 1 in that park but you can use two at EP and then make a tier 1 at HS.

1 Like

I would not cancel- I think canceling messes everything up these days?

Last year, when Steve and Seth tested this, they were not able to get a second tier 1 at Epcot while they were in Epcot, but they were able to schedule their 2nd and 3rd FP’s at HS while they were in Epcot. They even got a Tier 1 at HS by doing this. You just can’t do it in advance.

The people that answer the phones in the call centers may have never been to Disney World. They do not usually have correct information these day.

1 Like

Yes, see my longer post.

Thanks. The reason I am following this is that I am trying to ascertain if it is necessary to book 3 FP’s in advance at Epcot, knowing that I am probably only going to use one of them. Is it better to only book one in advance, or book 3 and let 2 expire? Just spoke with a CM who answers tech questions for MDE. According to her, it is better to book all 3 and let 2 expire. Otherwise, when I go to get the next one, the system will make me take 2 Tier 2’s before I can get another Tier 1 (if I am remaining at Epcot). Do you agree?

If you are staying in EP I agree to make all three. If you are hopping I would just make one.

1 Like

Interesting. Perhaps the person I spoke with at Disney wasn’t aware of this.

The order is important here. If you let your tier 2 expire they must be scheduled PRIOR to your tier 1 or the system will not allow you to select another tier 1 in the same park. This has been tested and posted about by @marciemiwi. I will get the link for everyone.

I agree with @PrincipalTinker. If you are hopping better to make 2 SDFP for the next park instead of one at a time.

:laughing: isn’t that the truth!

Yes as long as you are not in a tiered park then depending on order of tier 1 vs tier 2 you might not be able to schedule another tier 1 without rescheduling a tier 2 and using it.

I tried to follow her thread last year, and I am still trying to understand it this year. I am a little bit confused about the end-around. Here is a hypothetical: Epcot: 1st FP Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival (9:00 - 10:00 AM). I will let the window expire without using. 2nd FP Test Track (10:00 - 11:00 AM). I will use this one. 3rd FP Spaceship Earth (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM). I will use this one. Now, when I try to reserve Soarin’ as my next FP, am I going to get a message that says I need to pick a Tier 2 attraction, and I just ignore this message? Will it give me the option to select Soarin’? (Having trouble seeing her screen shots of MDE.)

Is there a reason you will not do Pixar?

Oops, sorry, posted on the linked thread, not here: AuntB - I’ve tested it in the meantime and been able to do it with the Tier 1 in the middle. I can’t put all the info here, but you can find it on the DIS starting with this post and then the next one: FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs | Page 4 | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

1 Like

Family doesn’t care to repeat it. (Saw it last year). Have the films changed?

I’m thinking the hassle isn’t worth it for park #1. Maybe just schedule all of your FP for the afternoon park, since it will be more busy then…? Assuming you RD the 1st park.

In retrospect, this topic could really use a flow chart.

2 Likes