F & W for vegetarians?

Hi, folks! What are your tips and recommendations for vegetarians at FWW?

Set expectations to Low, unfortunately. Most booths don’t have a vegetarian option, other than dessert. There is the Terra booth, which will have 3 different vegan options. The Scotland booth has something they call “vegetarian haggis”, which I thought wasn’t bad, though I haven’t a clue what it actually was.

Yeah, I was just reading through the menus, and it looks like there are a few things here and there, even fewer for vegans… I think it would be best to arrive prepared and know where your options are.

Looking at the menus, here’s what I’m seeing for non-dessert meat-free items:

• Belgium
  • Belgium waffle with warm chocolate ganache and whipped cream
  • Belgium waffle with berry compote and whipped cream
  • Brazil
  • Pao de queijo: Brazilian cheese bread
  • Canada
  • Canadian cheddar cheese soup
  • France
  • Gratin de crozet de savoie: Wheat pasta gratin with mushrooms and Gruyere cheese
  • Greece
  • Vegetarian moussaka
  • Griddled Greek cheese with pistachios and honey (gluten free)
  • Intermissions Café
  • Vegan trio
  • Fruit & cheese plate
  • Side salad
  • Grapes
  • Ireland
  • Kerrygold® cheese selection: Reserve cheddar, Dubliner with Irish Stout and Skellig
  • Italy
  • Ravioli alla caprese: Cheese ravioli, tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan and basil
  • Mexico
  • Sweet corn cheese cake
  • Puerto Rico
  • Friturias: Sorullitos (sweet polenta fries) and bolitas de queso (cheese fritter with mayo ketchup)
  • Refreshment Port
  • Croissant doughnut
  • Scotland
  • Vegetarian haggis with neeps and tatties: Griddled vegetable cake with rutabaga and mashed potatoes
  • Terra
  • Blackened Chick’n Breast, farro wheat and spicy gumbo sauce featuring Gardein™ Chick’n Breast
  • CraB’less CraB Cake with pepper slaw and Cajun remoulade featuring Gardein™

I hope that helps, @B_squared.

2 Likes

Mr_Itty!! Once again I imagine you wearing a super hero cape and swooping in speedily, “here he comes to save the day!! Mr Itty’s on his way!!” Thank you for that!! :slight_smile:

Great options for vegetarians, but like you said, not very much for Vegans (no dairy either). Vegans might want to have some ADRs or counter service plans.

Thanks for the info, will pass it along to hubby

Vegetarian liner from Scotland here! Veggie haggis is a mixture of things like lentils, pulses (like kidney beans), oats, vegetables (like carrot & onion) & spices (like nutmeg, cayenne pepper and garlic). It’s wrapped up in plastic (like most regular haggis is nowadays) to look like real traditional haggis which was wrapped in a sheeps stomach (yummy!) but after cooking it is cut open and just kinda comes out as the pile of stuff you will have had on your plate.
I love veggie haggis :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its certainly more interesting and varied than what’s normally available. If you drink wine & beer, and all else is equal, it seems worth a trip to me.