Dissention in the Ranks

I feel like that is the same way that everyone is looking at me, as the “Nazi Tour Guide”. I’m glad your group recognized and appreciated your work and everything you all were able to accomplish! I’m hoping everyone will eventually appreciate all the work I’ve been putting in too…this Disney stuff can be hard! lol! :smile:

It’s OK to be a planner. They can follow or not. It also might work to memorize your plan and then when they ask “what should we do now?” you can just casually suggest the next step in your plan. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looove it! Wouldn’t it be great if I could get them to follow a touring plan and not even know it! LOL!

1 Like

You would be like a Disney ninja!

A true Disney ninja would not only get others to secretively follow a touring plan but also have them believe that they making the decisions… [-_-]~

2 Likes

Stealth touring plan needed here. A particular Liner specialty!

1 Like

I haven’t been to the world since FPP started. Next year, as of now, I will be making personalized touring plans… I’m thinking I want my morning/early afternoon kind of structured, following a plan and trying to stick to it. After our afternoon break I would like to “take it all in” do SOTMK, shop, silhouettes, etc.
That’s my plan anyway lol

Any tips on how to pull this off @LuvMuppets??

There are definitely liners that have pulled this off beautifully! (I’m not one-my dsil @WeHave2GoBack is also a liner, so no need to stealth! Maybe start a new topic, calling for stealth TP help?

I think I will do just that! Ty!

@mjsmomma How did you follow the TP without your DH knowing? Did you memorize the plans?

Just follow the plan on the app, and grumble about some stupid friend/coworker who keeps texting you during your vacation. :smile:

4 Likes

Now THAT is a good idea @brklinck

Maybe you need to channel you inner Tommy Lee Jones when marshaling the troops:

“Listen up ladies and gentlemen. The average WDW guest hits 8 attractions in one day and stands in line for 200 minutes. We are going to hit every ride, show, meet & greet, and gift shop in this park and wait in line for less than 100 minutes. Go get 'em!”

1 Like

What you need to do is GET INPUT from them on what they would like to do. I think part of the problem with people who don’t like a “plan” is that they feel they are being told what to do. Make them part of the planning process by taking their preferences into account: “Here’s a list of stuff to do. Do you want to: 1. See it once 2. No interest in that 3. Ride that as often as possible, etc.”

Then you make a plan that suits them & their interests.

If people have varied interests, then plan to split up for some parts.
“You guys are in the Tomorrowland group, you guys are in the Adventureland group.”

Then once you’re all done, you can still do what’s advocated in this thread:

As for me & my family, a couple of no-wait trips, combined with lots of waiting in line when they did what they wanted to do convinced them to just tell me what they want to do & let me (and TP!) handle when we do it.

Go well. :slight_smile:

The thing that kills me @ejj is that I have done this (ie DMIL does not want to do jungle cruise, DSIL has to do TOT, etc), so I have worked in everyone’s “have and have nots”. I know we will need to split up at points, and I hope that is enough for them to not feel like I am wrangling them the entire day. @staza had a good idea with their post in ‘stealth touring plan’

I did pretty much have them memorized. I kind of have a photographic memory :slight_smile: I printed off a hard copy and would look over it in the morning before we went out or occasionally during the day. I had so many pieces of paper with diffn’t confirmations and things that he never bothered to notice what I was looking at. my phone is kind of ancient and I never used the app in the park to follow the touring plan.

My husband is not a planner, so we are compromising. The first three hours are mine, starting with rope drop.

I figure the lines will be long in the afternoon and we will wander aimlessly like he wants, or we will use the rest of my touring plans. :wink:

I love FP+ because it forces my husband to pick a park per day and not play it by ear like last time we went. (It drove me crazy that we went to the bus stop in the morning and just got on a bus last time. )

1 Like

I’m going soon with a group of 10. I haven’t been to WDW in 20 years. I used to scoff at friends who went and were uber-planners, until I started reading books, websites, etc., in preparation for this trip. Now I’m planning as much as possible so my little girls don’t have to spend all day waiting in line. For our trip, we just have certain meals, events, etc., where all 10 of us will be together or portions of us will be together. At other times, each individual family will be on its own, and out of 6 days in the park, there are 2 when we won’t even be in the same park with the others because we have different priorities (they have boys, their kids’ average age is older, etc.). We planned overall which parks on which days, and which special dining to enjoy together, etc., but by and large we are not touring together. It would be too difficult. I think it’s OK for you to plan some things together so you’ll see each other at some point each day but let sub-groups form based on interests and/or touring approaches. Also, since it’s become clear that I’m spending significantly more time planning for this trip than anyone else, I try to pass along occasional bits of information that may be of interest while not fully revealing how obsessed I’ve become. :wink: It’s a delicate balance.

We went with a group of adults the busiest week of the year (Christmas - New Year’s 2014/2015) and didn’t have a plan or clue what in the world we were doing. We had all done Disney years ago and even though I knew planning was important (and I’m a BIG planner myself)- my group not only didn’t plan, but didn’t seem to care that they would be waiting in line for hours for a ride or would be running all over the parks to get to do a couple things. It drove me and my husband absolutely crazy. We are now taking our 4 children in May (their first trip!) and I’m making TPs and then once printed, will be noting the stuff that is absolutely important to do. We will keep our expectations low so that we end up being happy, but will have the plans in place so as not to waste precious time wandering (and getting tired and cranky) or have to be militaristic in our touring. The TPs are our safety net, so-to-speak.

1 Like