Disney Visa - extra benefits?

We are thinking about opening up a Disney Visa. Do any of you have one? Are there any special perks you get at park for having one?

I have one. There are special character meet and greets at EP (some combo of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy or Pluto) and HS (Kyle Ren). You can get a merchandise discount (10% I think) when you spend $50. Also, there are some restaurants that offer a discount (some dates excluded). I think there are some tours offered at a slight discount with your card, and there’s a special financing deal if you reserve a Disney package. Sometimes Disney will offer room/package discounts to card members before the general public. I’ve also been able to get early tickets to Disney broadway tours like Lion King and Mary Poppins.

I have had one for a few years now, and I really like it. There are other cards with better rewards, but I really like having a Disney-themed card.

Mainly I use it for the Disney Dream Dollars that one can earn and use toward Disney purchases. I think if you get the premiere version of the card, your points accumulate a little more quickly and you can use your Disney Dream Dollars toward airfare as well. However, the premiere comes with a fee of about $50.00 per year, so if you choose this one, you need to make sure that you’re using it enough to justify the cost.

I have taken advantage of the discounts toward merchandise I purchase in the Parks and on discounts for the tours in the Parks as well. The only disadvantage for the merchandise discount is that you need to spend at least $50.00 before they can apply it.

You can also take advantage of the Chase Lounge at Epcot and of special character meet-and-greets as @scrapper1617 noted.

You can find the complete list of the regular perks at the following link: https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/

1 Like

In case you weren’t already aware - there’s a post here on the forum that links to a Google sheet listing Liners you can contact for Rewards card invites.

With the current invite, if you spend $500 in 3 months, you get s $200 Disney rewards gift card. and the person whose invite you use gets $50 when you get the card.

http://forum.touringplans.com/t/disney-visa-card-other-reward-card-bonus-invitations/24972

Another tip: we already had a card in my name, but since it has no annual fee we applied for another one in my wife’s name and got the $200 rewards ourselves, which is pretty sweet.

1 Like