Dining choices

Tusker’s does not disappoint. I think you will be pleased. We were not fans of Tiffins. Foodie husband was uber disappointed.

Mickey Waffles are served at POP Century food court - for a fraction of the price as you’d pay for Chef Mickey’s. We did brunch at Chef Mickey’s. Honestly, my least favorite buffet so far. I haven’t gone back.

Skippers is interesting. We’ve been 2x. We’re moving on to try different stuff.

What’s your current meal line-up? What are you currently questioning?

Loving all the Disney Food Neurosis here! If I geek out like this at my husband he will think I am crazy and start backing away slowly. :grin:

Bottom line: there is no magical answer for THE place that is going to BLOW YOUR FRIGGIN MIND and OPEN YOUR SOUL TO NEW EXPERIENCES. It’s just food. And believe me, I am all about the transcendent food experiences…I think it’s just easier to shift your Disney focus to “other” experiences and expect the food to be “fine”.

In a way we all feed each other’s super-planner neuroses here, n’cest pas? With our reservation scrambles and endless discussion of options…not that I’m complaining, mind you. :joy:

2 Likes

Agree with @missoverexcited, LTT lunch is fabulous. We eat here every single trip but only at lunch time when you can choose between the all you can eat feast or the ala carte menu.

I know you have made some changes today, but here are my thoughts as a frequent visitor to the parks:

1. I have been to Tiffins 2 or 3 times and Tusker at least 4 times. They are very different experiences. We only go to TH for brunch at 10:30, this way you pay breakfast prices but get breakfast and lunch foods, which makes the variety of what you can eat here wonderful. Try to get an ADR around this time, you won’t be disappointed. New experiences are good!
    2.You can get Mickey waffles at many of the food courts, for much less cost. Chef Mickeys has pretty poor food in my opinion. Do Tusker House for brunch and you will get your waffles. Skip Chef Mickeys. BOG lunch is fine, but the ambiance is like an elementary school cafeteria during lunch. Very loud.
  2. BOG vs CRT dinner. Is neither a choice? I have eaten dinner at BOG 2 times and CRT once. The first time we ate BOG dinner we were really impressed, the next year…not so much. CRT dinner was pretty good, but since you have done it before I would pick something else. To me it is a one time only place, there are just so many better restaurants in my opinion.
  3. Of those 3, I would choose Skippers. CP is okay for breakfast, but we felt like dinner was pretty terrible. Won’t return. We ate at Skippers for the first time last year. It is different, but we liked the food we had. It is definitely more adventurous than either BOG or CP. Go with Skippers!
  4. MP vs LC- finally a restaurant we haven’t tried (MP). Ate at LC for the first time last year and was not impressed. The darkness, tables literally right on top of each other…just not my thing. I know many people love it, but with so many other restaurants in Epcot, you should try something new.
    I guess my thoughts for your second once in a lifetime, never again trip would be to try new things. We make it a point to try a new place or two every trip, though that may be more about my obsession to eat at every single TS in WDW, as well as stay at every single resort on property. :wink: See, we all have obsessions here! Our usual ADRs that we think are worth repeating (not that you need any more choices, ha!):
    Tusker House brunch
    Yak & Yeti
    Sci Fi
    Via Napoli
    Garden Grill breakfast (so good! With an 8am you get to ride Soarin once or twice before the rope drop crowds, the food is really good and they have Mickey waffles)
    Liberty Tree lunch
    Homecoming at Disney Springs. SO GOOD!
    I really like Cali Grill too, though I know you didn’t have a good table.
    For our trip for spring break this year we are trying Jiko for the first time, and one of the Epcot world Showcase restaurants we have not been to yet- possibly Chefs de France (I do not think my teens would appreciate MP, plus my wallet likes the CF prices better) or one of the restaurants in Japan or China.
    Have fun making more changes! :smile:
1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

After an exhausting day in which I have booked and cancelled more ADRs than I am comfortable admitting to, here’s the current state of play.

@Wahoohokie sold me on brunch at Tusker House, so that’s in — and new to me.

I cancelled CRT, but kept BOG lunch — I want at least some castle action! Technically, it’s sort of new to me because I did dinner last time, and this time I’m insisting on being seated in the ballroom, or I’m throwing a tantrum.

My dinner plans for MK have switched to Narcoossee’s, which also satisfies my desire to explore some hotels. And apparently it’s quite nice — and wholly new to me.

I’m now staying at the Beach Club for my last night. I’m sticking with Monsieur Paul for dinner — I’ve not been there before. Le Cellier is out. I’m currently booked at Garden Grill for breakfast on my last day — this may change if Toy Story Land is open as I may turn right out of the Beach Club in the morning, rather than left.

That leaves Jiko on arrival day for dinner, which is new to me. HBD for lunch midweek, which I’m revisiting. And CG for brunch on Sunday, which I’m claiming is new as I did dinner last time.

Thanks again everyone for your ideas, suggestions and comments :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

At lunch (or breakfast) at BOG you seat yourself. So as long as there is an open table in the ballroom, you’re good to go.

2 Likes

I sure hope you aren’t disappointed in Tusker House! Your plans sound fabulous to me. I didn’t like the salad you liked at HBD, but I sure do enjoy eating other things there with my friends. The best thing about solo trips, or trips where you only have to pay for 1, it is so nice to go to the Signatures. I have to think twice about them when my whole family joins in.

1 Like

You had me at Mickey waffles . . .

They are delicious! Tusker House is the only buffet we go to anymore, well except the Dessert Party at MK. My favorite thing at Tusker is the plantains, they are so good! I love that my adventurous daughter and I can try different foods, but my less adventurous son can fill up on all his breakfast favorites. That includes a lot of bacon and Mickey waffles!

2 Likes

You sold it well! And I’m happy with that choice, even though it meant leaving the house an hour and a half earlier so as to arrive for brunch at 10.30am rather than the Tiffin’s lunch I’d originally scheduled for noon.

In fact, because it means a longer day in AK, and because I think my Beach Club booking later in the week gives me earlier access to FPP that day, if I can snag a FOP, an Everest and a Dinosaur, I can cancel my VIP tour and recoup some of the cost of the Beach Club room.

3 Likes

We often plan to rope drop AK, or even hit AM EMH and then eat at 10:30. I can’t tell you how many times we just sleep in and arrive at the gates around 10 instead. It’s still great! The Beach Club is wonderful, especially for the walk to Epcot. We are staying at AKL this upcoming trip, and many days I think about changing it to Beach or Yacht. Once you stay there, everywhere else just seems to be far away from the parks.

2 Likes

New plan!

I didn’t realise that I’d get my Mickey waffles at Tusker when I booked Garden Grill. Early breakfast at GG on departure day doesn’t seem appealing. But a casual stroll to Les Halles for a really delicious breakfast sounds perfect! And it’s new to me!

3 Likes

Here’s an idea, just in case you hadn’t thought about things this way.

MDE will let you book multiple ADRs for the same meals if you space them out, so if you’re still waffling (heh) you could book both and sit on them for a few weeks while you think and decide. Sometimes people get judgmental about doing this, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.

For example, you could book an 8:00 Tusker House and a 10:30 Tusker House and an 11:30 Tiffins and a 12:30 Yak & Yeti for your AK day. Then decide which one to keep once you get your FPs. Sometimes FP times complicate the plan anyway, so it’s good to have backup meals.

You could do the same sort of thing with Be Our Guest, Skippers Canteen and Cinderella’s Royal Table. (Crystal Palace has brunch and Mickey waffles and Pooh Bear, by the way!)

You’ll be fine as long as you make final decisions and release the extras eventually. And since you’re traveling solo, the cancellation fee is only $10, so if you want to keep one or two alternates and just not show up…I won’t tell anyone.

4 Likes

Yes yes yes!!!

1 Like

Hello gang! Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. Did you miss me?

So, news update.

Tusker is gone. Here’s the thing. My VIP evening at AK starts at 5pm, and the Tusker brunch started at 10.30am, which would mean I’d be stuck at AK for hours. Given all the stuff I’ll be doing on the VIP evening, there wouldn’t be much I’d want to do during the day.

The good news is: Ohana is in! Yay! Mickey waffles! And everyone raves about it, and it’s another hotel to explore.

Except . . . if Toy Story Land is open that day, then I’m rope dropping DHS and leaving at about 4pm to get over to AK for my VIP thing.

Oh, and I’ve naughtily sneaked in a Le Cellier. On departure day I’ve got breakfast at Les Halles, then there’s really only a couple of things I want to do at Epcot (FEA and Spaceship Earth — I will have done Soarin’ on another day, and I will have toured World Showcase the night before). So I’m going to have a “light” lunch at LeC before heading back to Beach Club and MDE.

So, to recap, the current state of play is: Jiko, Ohana, HBD, BOG, Narcoossee’s, CG, MP, LeC.

7 Likes

I love your dining options!!!

1 Like

Just one change to report this morning — but it’s a curveball!

Le Cellier is out. (Again.) Realistically, I don’t think I’m going to have time to do it justice.

Yorkshire Country Fish Shop is in. It’s quick service, it’s on the way back to Beach Club from Future World, and it gets pretty good reviews. Plus I was born (and live in) Yorkshire!

1 Like

Yorkshire Fish Shop is a must do for our family every trip. If a meal doesn’t fit into our plans, we make it a snack and just share our orders of fish and chips…

I’d skip it. We thought the fish and chips there were disgusting. It gets good reviews from US liners, but generally not from UK liners.

2 Likes