Club Level Information & Photos Thread

This is one of my favorite threads! I have not stayed at CR CL yet but thank you for posting on this thread!

We booked first club level stay at Polynesian this October and very excited! Any other club level you would recommend for next trip?

Well, I liked the YC quite a bit, but the rooms there are a little small for us now, so we’re staying at the BWI in May, I’ll post back after we stay. I’ve heard the food at the lounge there is pretty good, so we’re excited to give it a try.

I loved WL club level. The food was served in big pots and the service was amazing.

we’ll be staying at Gran Destino Tower CL in August, probably about a month after opening

we’re really looking forward to it, and I’m going to try to remember to post some pics on this thread

any CL vets have some advice on what not to miss out on?

AKL CL Feb. 2017

WL CL Feb. 2017

1 Like

We just wrapped up a stay at the BWI, and it was fabulous. It was a good choice for us (5 adults) as the food offerings were terrific and definitely enough to be able to bypass TS most of the days we were there.

Evening food offerings For example, we had sea bass with cream leek fondue which was out of this world, and chicken curry over rice which was too spicy for me but the family loved. The chef from the Flying Fish who was there most nights was Gordo, nice guy with a happy demeanor. Meat and cheese, croissants & rolls, little salad cups or other cold vegetable items,

Breakfasts were also substantial, with a hot egg dish (poached in little individual cups) or quiche Lorraine which was really wonderful and filling, along with a variety of cold meats & cheeses, yogurt, and two hot cereals- typically oatmeal, and fregola or polenta which were unique and tasty options. Croissants, bagels, and Krispy Kreme donuts were a hit. Cereal was available for the asking- I think they kept it that way to keep the kids from spilling it all over. I basically ate salmon with the trimmings (capers, etc) every single morning, it was wonderfully fresh.

Beverages were large espresso coffee machine, plenty of beer, pop and hard cider, and wine in the evening & at night. Liquers and some hard alcohol at dessert time late in the evening. We probably saved $100 in beer and hard cider alone on a single day that we spent down by the pool. Pro tip: bring the bottles to poolside AND THEN pour them in paper cups. :laughing: A bottle opener is handy as most don’t have tops one can open by hand, and we usually had a few in our room fridge. Fortunately, DD24 had one on her keychain (which made me wonder about her lifestyle, but she is in grad school so it’s expected, I guess).

Mimosas and bloody marys were available on Sunday.

Lunch As per usual, the weakest of the food offerings but still had small sandwiches, crudités, cookies & candy (I ate enough Swedish fish to last a lifetime) and granola. We were not there often for the midday items, but I was bored of them pretty quickly.

The room was a deluxe room, huge and immaculate, with the biggest and most abundant toiletries I have ever seen, (we frequent Fairmonts and higher-end Marriotts often). Couldn’t ask for a better room. A balcony with 2 chairs and a table although we took the desk chair out there, too. Clean and in very good shape, even though I know it’s been a few years since the rooms were updated.

(Minor) Complaints- Sunday they were understaffed, the chef making omelettes was clearly overwhelmed though she bore it with good humor. That was also the only day they ran out of table space, though we & another couple seated ourselves in a sitting area outside the lounge, so it was not inconvenient and tables opened up by the time the rest f the family showed up.

Also, the concierge had my packages from The Fjording, but didn’t deliver them right away so I chased all over the resort for them, only to find they were behind the concierge desk.

They need operating instructions on the espresso machine. A lot of coffee and water is wasted there.

If we were to return, we’d get the same room at the BWI in a heartbeat!

3 Likes

You have just convinced me to try BWI CL It was on my short list, but your details did it!

2 Likes

Thanks! I think you’ll enjoy it. It’s been a few years, but I just don’t remember liking the YC Club level as much. The bigger room had a lot to do with it, but I. think the lounge is better.

Regarding the room, I hadn’t accounted for DS21 and DD24’s extra luggage as they were coming straight from college. We still had plenty of room even with all the extra, large bags. It would have been so cramped in the smaller room, or we’d have spent hours unpacking just to gain some space- and packing them again

One other thing I noticed, the toiletries had no distinct scent. Maybe a tiny bit of lemon or mint. They’re the H20 brand. I did like them, but was a bit disappointed in that. But they did supply everything- toothbrush & toothpaste kits, sewing. kit, shower caps, qtip/cotton/file kit, shaving, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, two kinds of soap, body wash, lotion, foot rub, aloe gel. Maybe that variety is just for the deluxe rooms, or maybe it’s all club level, I have no idea but it was remarkable,.

Did they have some sort of an egg dish daily? I have not seen eggs in a club lounge in years.

Yes, every day. There was a hot plate in the corner just for this purpose. The first day there were poached eggs in individual cups, then quiche for a few days. The last couple of days I stopped noticing exactly what it was because I just ate the salmon with cream cheese, capers and red onion with a croissant every single day. :relaxed:

On Sunday they had custom-made omelettes which I guess is a BWI tradition.

1 Like

When I first stayed at BC and YC they had eggs daily but I don’t think they have done that in years?

Where was the deluxe cl room located and how did you like it in terms of location and direction?

1 Like

The Deluxe CL rooms are 4th and 3rd floor just as shown in the TP Room Finder. Basically, you have your choice of being closer to the lounge or closer to the elevators. We chose to be nearer to the elevators (although it’s still not that close- about halfway down the hall). We were right over the Trattoria al Forno. However, the other deluxe rooms were further, about as far away from the elevators as one could get, down by ESPN. All Deluxe Club rooms face the water & have balconies.

We chose the 3rd floor because of the larger balconies as compared to the 4th. Being on the 3rd floor, we were not physically in the actual Innkeeper’s Club. Some people may not like that. But again, the rooms that ARE in the Club itself are far from the elevators, at the very end of the hall.

The only way in and out of the BWI is through the lobby, so it’s actually pretty far to the Club. That’s why I didn’t mind being out of it. Our room was clearly labeled Innkeeper’s Club & the private hallway kept the noise level basically to zero.

The worst deluxe rooms, in my opinion, would be 3rd floor Club level at the end of the hall. You’re not closer to the elevators, and yet you’re not in the InnKeepers Club. Those I would avoid.

The view was excellent. The sun didn’t hit our balcony until late in the day so we got quite a bit of use out of it, especially during our afternoon breaks. The stairs up to the 4th floor were just steps away from our door, and came right out at the Concierge Desk, so it was perfect for us. If we couldn’t navigate stairs, it would have been a bad choice, however. Then, you d want to be on the 4th floor, directly above us- halfway between the elevators and the Club.

1 Like

The only way to that part of BW is through the lobby?

Yes. From the rooms, you can only get to the Boardwalk and the hotel entrance through the lobby. You can get outside, to the quiet pool, but that’s a courtyard that is completely enclosed by the hotel. There is no entry over toward EPCOT. I was surprised by that, as there are alternative entrances at, say, the YC. But not at the BWI.

You can cut through around the Luna (i.e. the Crazy Clown) pool to get to DHS. But there’s no shortcut to EPCOT. That’s why we wanted to be near the elevators.

When I stayed at BW in the past I took the stairs down near Belle Vue (exited out by Flying Fish side windows ). Is that exit still there or not accessible from the CL?

Those stairs are still there. We did use them but I considered them to be almost in the lobby. I was hoping to find something much further down, by ESPN, but there wasn’t anything. To get to those stairs, we just took the elevator down. Then, one can either take the other elevator to the quiet pool or go down those stairs.

It’s almost like they designed it to force you to walk by a bunch of stores. Huh. I wonder why? :joy:

2 Likes