Car Rental Info

DH and I are going to WDW next month and considering renting a car as we are doing a partial stay off-site as he has a work meeting. In reviewing rental prices, Economy Rent a Car is the most inexpensive. I am not familiar with them. Has anyone used them before?

I don’t think that they are an on-terminal company - I would always stick with a company that does not require you to take a shuttle to get the car.

Have you seen @JackOfAll’s car rental tips? Car Rental Advice from JackOfAll By following these tips and using carrentalsavers.com you should be able to get a good rate from a known, on-terminal company.

1 Like

If I may suggest, avoid Enterprise. They initially charged a Pulse victim towing fees and rental charges while he was hospitalized. Not until a local news channel got involved did they change their tune, and not easily at that.

If you’re a Costco member, you can also look on their rental site. Also, just because a company is the cheapest, doesn’t mean it’s the one you should take. Some companies bring you in with a cheap rate and then upsell you or conveniently haven’t got what you reserved, so you have to buy the next up rental. Check on Tripadvisor for reviews before you finalize your decision.

1 Like

We are leaving in (9) days, and got our rental car via Costco. You get the extra driver for free, and I went for the ALAMO rental car company. You are on airport property at MCO, basically in the parking structure connected to the airport. Easy out, easy in.

With COSTCO, be sure to bring (A) your COSTCO card and (B) the confirmation information when you go to pick up your vehicle.

Have fun!

1 Like

Just rented from Alamo on our trip to Colorado. I was very happy with the selection of cars and their professionalism. We rented a GPS but it didn’t work at all. I was refunded on the spot when we returned the car.