Bugs!

Dumb question… But I can’t figure out what my subscription is supposed to do. The forum looks the same once I logged in - ads and all. Not sure what my subscription adds for me anymore.

This is what I see when in desktop view in my iPhone 5 using safari.

I had switched to desktop view to test and see where the “mobile view” link would be. Now I can’t find those three lines to get me back to mobile mode.

It is horrible on Safari on iPhone. Sorry you don’t like Apple but a lot of people do. Staff should read comments on Lines rather than insisting people post on here. Make an app if you want to have a different format.

I don’t see the Star next to topics. iPhone Safari user (that’s probably why)

Didn’t see it when looking at a list of topics in Latest but see it when I click on a specific topic and open it.

Please see this thread: Order of topics - #8 by Mr_Itty

It seems like by default, “Latest” is sorted by most recent activity in each thread, ie, time of most recent post. However, the little sort arrows appear on the “Topic” tab. It is not sorted by topic. The arrow should be on the column showing the time of the most recent post.

If you click on “Activity”, it becomes sorted by time of thread creation, and the little sort arrow moves to the Activity tab.

The problem here is that there are two distinct and almost unrelated columns under the Activity tab. That should be broken out into what they really are: Thread Creation Time, and Most Recent Post Time. When “Latest” is first loaded, the sort arrow should be under Most Recent Post Time, as that is the default sort order.

On my iPad the forum pages “float” as pages do when zoomed in on a page. I am not zoomed in, however, and yet the page floats. It is super annoying. Just wanted. Pass that along.

Thanks for what you are trying to do here.

@daybreaker - when i sort by latest i get “There are no latest topics. That’s sad. Why not create a topic?”. I have tried refresh and a new laptop and still no luck?

If you go to the latest listings page directly does that still happen?

Another bug. The tab on top of my browser changed its title to show I have one new message/reply/comment/favorite, whatever. But nothing on the page itself turned blue to tell me what or where this new notification is or came from. Seems like a javascript error to me. It updated the title but not the page content.

@daybreaker - that shows me a list of topics if i click directly on your link

Next bug: When someone “likes” (or “hearts”, whatever) your post, you get a notification telling you who liked it. However, when you actually go to your post, you see only the number of people who liked it, not who did.

I’d expect the little heart-with-number to either be clickable to reveal the users who liked it, or for a pop up when you hover over it. Neither happens.

A HUGE bug I just found is that when you click on desktop view on mobile (iPhone 5 latest ios) there is no way to go back to mobile. I was playing with the site and checking out features. Right now it is pretty much useless on my phone as I am stuck in desktop view now. I tried everything I know how to do. I just can’t scroll over to the right enough on the sticky header to chose the “mobile view” now. I even tried to manually enter it by typing TouringPlans Discussion Forums in the address bar. No luck so far. Help!

Update. It looks like this bug only applies to the first post on a thread. Replies to the thread do show you who liked your post.

It may be a bit confusing at first, but the “Likes” for the first post act the same way as any other post, and the number youre looking at is actually the combined amount of likes for all posts in the thread. For example:

The main post has 7 likes, and 2 other posts in the thread each have one like. It does seem a bit confusing when the top post doesnt have any likes on it, because then there’s no context that lets you know the info bar below the main post is actually counting all Likes, not showing the number of likes for the main post.

Basically, that info bar is a thread summary just to give some quick details about the thread. You can click on a user icon to filter the thread and show posts only from that user.

I see, thank you for that explanation, @daybreaker

(Unrelated, do you know that in addition to you, there is also @daybreaker2 and @daybreaker_? I’m guessing these were temporary usernames used in testing, but they might lead to confusion when someone tries to tag you now)

Good catch. Thats exactly what they were for. I’ll clean them up.

Checking things out on my lunch break. I see that I have numeric notifications indicating that there are “New” and “Unread” threads or posts. But when I click on either of those tabs, nothing appears (in the case of “new”) or nothing I haven’t read before appears (in the case of “unread”). Perhaps the numeric notifications in the tab menu are updating at a different rate than the actual content under those tabs?

Now noticing that the same issue appears in the list of categories and topics - i.e., a number pops up indicating that there is new or unread material when in fact none appears. I guess either the content or the notifications are not refreshing at the same time?