Breakfast at Tusker House

Hi folks! Hoping to get some advice about my touring plan for Animal Kingdom. I have a 9:40am ADR on Sunday, November 19. Right now, the park hours are 9:00am - 10:00pm. I made the reservation thinking that we would make this day a later start day and arrive at the park in time for breakfast or that Disney would change the park times in the morning to 8:00am since this is the start of Thanksgiving week. Since the later hasn’t happened yet, I’m torn about whether I should try to get an 8:00am ADR at Tusker House or maybe push the time back and do a late breakfast there if I can get a 10:30 ADR. We aren’t too thrilled about their lunch/dinner menu, so it would need to be a breakfast.

I know it goes against good touring plan strategy to eat a meal during the first few hours of park opening since wait times are often less. Plus, if the park really opens at 9:00am…the 9:40 breakfast time doesn’t give us much time to do even a single attraction when you calculate walking time. What do we think friends? Do I ditch the 9:40am ADR?

What are your plans for that day. There is a possibility that the hours will not change. If the hours move to 8:00, will you go then?

1 Like

We don’t have any set plans for the day as of now. I’m working on my touring plans today in anticipation of our 60 day window. If the hours move to 8:00am then I would try to hit up the Safari ride or maybe brave Pandora and then go to breakfast at 9:40. My hope would be to use our first Fast Pass for the 11:00am Lion King showing. My other thought would be to rope drop the Safari ride without a fast pass, eat breakfast and then use our fast pass for the 11:00am Lion King showing. Thoughts?

I was thinking that the 9:40 reservation would give you enough time to rope RoL Safari and then save that Fast Pass. i think it would depend what Emile’s shows up on your touring plan. Will you try for FoP at any time?

2 Likes

Exactly my original plan! Rope drop Safari’s, hit breakfast, use first FP for Lion King, and then put myself at the mercy of the Fast Pass gods to get whatever FoP fast pass I can. This will be the second day of our trip, so I’m not optimistic about getting it; but, we wanted to go to Animal Kingdom on a low crowd day and Sunday is listed as a 7 right now.

1 Like

I think an 0940 allows you to RD KS and still have plenty of time to report to your reservation. You may even have time to do the Gorilla Falls trail

2 Likes

Thank you so much for helping me puzzle through this! Right now I have three different Touring Plans crafted! I’m going to be a mess on the day I try to book Fast Passes. Do either of you know how available FoP has been?

Very little availability for the first 3 days, assuming you are onsite and booking at 60 days. At 30 days, very little availability full stop.

1 Like

Sometimes FoP has opened up later. The big trick is that at about 10:30-10:37 every morning they open some up. If you get NRJ, book it for later so you can modify it when they open.

1 Like

Is this 10:30 am for same-day only Fast Passes? (Sorry if this seems obvious, but I just want to make sure).

1 Like

Yes ! They say 10:30 but I think it has been closer to 10:37!

1 Like

One last question - is this standard protocol within WDW to release same-day FP’s for the insanely popular rides, like FoP? Like, dependable, every-day occurrence?

1 Like

No! This seems to be something different for FoP and it is becoming more well known.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks.

1 Like

I would just add that although that’s happening at the moment, there are no guarantees that it will continue indefinitely.

2 Likes

Thanks for this - I’m keeping my expectations low! :slight_smile:

2 Likes