Best place for a Proposal?

Oh gotcha. Then it’s not so much an assumption :wink:

I wish them a lifetime of happiness!! Yeah - things are flipped all over the place now - but hey as long as those involved are good with it.
As magical as the Castle is - perhaps something a bit more personal. What about at the Contemporary during the fireworks? Go up for a later dinner/ drinks. Getting on / off ToT. Whatever is something that will be meaningful for the two of them.

Here’s one:
On the platform before you load onto Astro Orbiter?
(no photopass) but if someone is there to take the photo with the castle and other parts of the park in the background? That’s a great photo-op. I’m sure someone can talk to a cm at the elevator on the ground before hand, (even far beforehand) and see if they can hold the line for just a few minutes or anything at the top, even announce to the guests on the elevator or in the loading area at the top to just chill for a second before they get on.

Maybe it’s just me, but I detest “spectacle” proposals that require detailed planning, photographers, etc. I shout out “Don’t do it! Say no!” when they have those Jumbotron proposals at sporting events. Or rather, I shout that when DW is not nearby - last time she nearly cracked a rib with her elbow…

3 Likes

Are you really sure about that??? I think that with careful analysis you may find that many of your choices had a pre-determined outcome that was not within your control. “I can pick any ring, except that it must be white gold, 2.5 ct princess cut with two trillion-cut accents, platinum mounts - Oh, I guess I’ll take this one!” :wink:

1 Like

I guess it is who you are asking. My wife who is quite particular had no input into the ring. I knew her style but she had no input into it and actually picked a wedding band that was the same as the engagement ring (less the big diamond). NOW with everything else - I had no say (or limited). This was a production that she was directing producing and had funded - I was simply an actor showing up.

I did offer some carefully worded suggestions here and there - to which some of them she agreed. HA HA.

20 years later - I get my way enough - but know most of the time she is certainly correct.

3 Likes

What I want to know is how long the touring plan software allows for wedding proposals?

Im going to guess 12 mins?

8 Likes

To be fair, when I was preparing to propose to my now wife I asked her family (Mum and Sister) if there was anything she had mentioned when she was younger that she had wanted for a proposal. I thought it would have been nice to be able to make the things she talked about as a kid into reality without me ‘officially’ knowing.

Turns out there wasn’t anything that she had told her mum and her sister so she got to put up with Whitehaven Beach lookout in Queensland :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i proposed to Andrea last year on 12/17 at Jiko, the Cooking place in AKL. It took me some time to figure out where to propose. I did have some help here. This is what I did that helped me to narrow down where.
She had never been to WDW before so I had her give me some lists and I gave her the same Here are what the lists I had her give me:
5 to 10 favorite Disney Movies
5 to 10 favorite Disney Songs
5 or 10 favorite Disney Characters
A few attractions in each park that she would love to do
A few places to eat in each park and also some places at resorts

From there I was able come up with some options.

While we were in MK on Christmas, there was a guy who dropped to his knee on Main street and proposed. There was a crowd around and she did say yes, as we heard the clapping and cheers. As we walked by a CM, I mentioned that someone had just said yes to a proposal. She told me that happens a lot. When I told her that we had just gotten engaged on the 18th at Jiko and used a Cake to help with the proposal. She got a big smile and wanted to know more about the engagement. I told her I would tell her all about it but I would like to know what she meant by a lot. What she told me took me by surprise. She told me that on average there are 15,000 proposals a month at MK. If you think about it, that is 180,000 proposals just at then MK, not counting at any other park or DS or any resort.

My suggestions, is that she just enjoy it when it happens.

We did a trip report and shared it here. We were there for 10 nights.

1 Like

Definitely not the only one.

After thinking this over and over i’m surprised that no one said OHANA. It means family and what better place to start a new family.

1 Like

If he does you need to let us know, please

Sounds good to me. My daughter hates the ride though

I like it.

We do have Jiko one night. He wouldn’t have to carry the ring all over the park. Did you have any help from the staff?

I definitely will. This has been the most fun thread I’ve seen in a while.

I don’t know ANYONE who would complain about that! The whitsundays are gorgeous!

And I don’t even LIKE beaches!

1 Like

Yes i did, I did a lot of planning in advance. Any information you need I will give you.

For december there are a lot of trees at the resorts and often a photographer for the trees. Maybe there would be a nice place.

Thank you. If would like to do that I’ll definitely let you know and get some particulars.