Attractions unique to DLR

What attractions does DLR have that WDW doesn’t have?
Relatedly, what attractions are at both parks, but the one at DLR is better? I’ve heard that Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion are better at DLR. Anything else?

And this question includes shows. I hear there is an Aladdin show that is not to be missed.

Exclusive to DL: All Fantasyland except PP & Tea Cups, castle walkthrough, Roger Rabbit, Toontown, Finding Nemo subs, Indy Jones, Sailing ship Columbia, Innoventions-meets Thor & Captain America. DCA: CA Screamin’, Carsland, Paradise Pier except TSMM, Grizzly River Rapids(better than Kali). Carousel in DL has Jingles, the Mary Poppins horse.

3 Likes

Depending on when you go, both Space and the Mansion have major holiday layovers which are cool. Cars Land will blow your mind as will World of Color. Some of the restaurants are fantastic too. More differences than similarities in my opinion. Great resort!

2 Likes

I made this several years ago, so it’s probably out of date (I just quickly added 7DMT and ETwB), but it’s still pretty acurate: Disneyland Resort vs Walt Disney World - Google Sheets

1 Like

I think Peter Pan’s Flight is better at DL, as well as Pirates and Fantasmic. I also Mickey and the Magical Map, worth seeing at least once.

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! This info is fantastic!

1 Like

Awesome… Thanks for sharing! Any plans to return soon?

I’ve read about Jingles. I’m excited to impress DD with that!

Not something tangible, but Disneyland has a special ‘feel’. Walt’s presence? Maybe that’s a stretch (like the room in HM) but you definitely feel his touch. If your time allows, don’t skip or dismiss anything because it might be the same.

1 Like

I wish we had time to do everything! This is our first trip, and I know we’ll be back. I’m going to pace myself.

1 Like

Completely Unique: Alice in Wonderland, The Bakery Tour, Big Thunder Ranch, California Screamin’, Casey Jr Circus Train, Character Close-Up (in the DCA Animation Building), Chip ‘n’ Dale Treehouse, Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes, Disney Gallery, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Donald’s Boat, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Flik’s Flyers, Francis’ Ladybug Boogie, Gadget’s Go-Coaster, Golden Zephyr, Goofy’s Playhouse, Goofy’s Sky School, Grizzly River Run, Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train, Indiana Jones Adventure, Jumpin’ Jellyfish, Luigi’s Flying Tires, Mark Twain Riverboat, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Mickey’s Fun Wheel, Mickey’s House, Minnie’s House, Monsters Inc Mike and Sully to the Rescue, Mr Toad’s Wild Ride, Pinocchio’s Daring Journey, Princess Dot’s Puddle Park, Radiator Springs Racers, Red Car Trolleys, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin, Sailing Ship Columbia, Silly Symphony Swings, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough, Snow White’s Scary Adventures, Sorcerer’s Workshop (Animation Building), Storybookland Canal Boats, Tarzan’s Treehouse, Tuck and Roll’s Drive 'Em Buggies, Blue Sky Cellar

DLR Version is Better: Autopia, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Disneyland Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, It’s a Small World, It’s Tough to be a Bug, Jungle Cruise, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan’s Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain

WDW Version is Better: Astro Orbitor, Haunted Mansion, Innoventions, Tom Sawyer Island, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror

Both Versions are Identical: Animation Academy, Captain EO, Frontierland Shootin’ Exposition, Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, Mad Tea Party, Main Street Cinema, Muppet Vision 3-D, Soarin’ Over California, Star Tours, Toy Story Midway Mania, Turtle Talk with Crush

I won’t do entertainment here, because almost all of it is either unique to DLR or identical to its WDW counterpart.

DD on Jingles

1 Like

Our trip has come to an end. I can’t thank everyone enough for all the advice. I can’t wait to come back.

1 Like