Are DLP crowds easing over last couple of years on July 4th?

We are regular visitors to WDW and are now planning our first trip out west to where it all started! it looks like the only dates we can go mean we we will be there for the week of July 4th…looking at the TP Crowd Tracker for the last two years the crowds have been not only below expectation but below average in the parks on the 4th, however going back further it is the dreaded and expected 9’s and 10’s! does anyone have any insight on this? and whether or not it will continue this trend for 2018? thanks!

1 Like

Maybe it has something to do with the day of the week that the 4th falls on. It was Tuesday in 2017, and Monday in 2016. But in 2015 it was Saturday.

1 Like

thanks, and its Wednesday in 2018 which makes me hopeful it won’t be really packed…although the Monday in 2016 was surprising with it being a long weekend, which made me wonder if it is more of a ticket price and block out day thing…

I went to Disneyland on July 3rd and 4th this year. It was not as crowded as I thought it would be! There were actually less people in the park on the 4th than on thr 3rd.

However, everybody from Anaheim/SoCal were headed to Downtown Disney (or Disneyland) to watch the 4th of July Fireworks. People started to gather at 4pm on Main St to sit down and reserve their spots for the fireworks. They also shut down Downtown Disney at around 9pm. We had planned on staying to watch the Fireworks,but we gave up and left before the show.

I think that on 4th of July, lots people just stay home with their families. Also, if you want to see the fireworks for 4th of July, they also do the exact same show on the 3rd.

1 Like

thanks, that’s really useful info!

The last two years 4th of July has been a peak pricing day for 1 day park tickets & last year even though it fell on a Monday it was low because Deluxe Passholders were blocked out from parks. This year deluxe were not blocked out and friends of mine who were there both years said it was noticeably busier but the heat bothered them more than anything so they left by mid-afternoon this year. Also have heard that the beach is a popular 4th of July SoCal resident destination so that can mean less peeps at the parks too. I would pay attention to the blockouts/1 day ticket pricing and as long as it’s a peak day and the SoCal passes are blocked you’ll probably have good luck with moderate crowds.

1 Like

In 2016 July 4th weekend was really pleasant and surprisingly light crowds. Pretty hot, but bearable.

1 Like