Anniversary dinner logistics

My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary at Disney and bringing our 4 year old daughter with us. In order to have a romantic dinner for just the two of us, we have the following planned: leave DHS in the early afternoon, drop kid off at the Swan kid’s club, go back to our room at POP to get dressed up for dinner. 8:30 dinner reservation at The Boathouse (maybe Italian water taxi ride if we have time) pick kid up, go back to POP for bed. What is the best way to get from place to place? We will have a car with us, but we’re planning to use Disney transportation most of the time as we have zero familiarity with driving around the property and both get stressed over parking, etc. Should we just Uber/taxi? Use some kind of car/Disney transportation combo?

Happy anniversary! My wife and I just celebrated our 20th there. Such a great place to celebrate (or really, for any reason! :slight_smile: )

I can’t tell from your description if the kids is going to be riding around from place to place with you or not. But here’s some info for you for using Uber/Lyft. When you read it, take note of the part about riding with young children.

1 Like

Uber really is very easy, and there are usually cars lingering near the resort lobbies. I wouldn’t do it for every leg though. When you go from Hollywood Studios to the Swan, I would either walk or take the boat. It’s more efficient than going by car. Definitely use Uber/Lyft/Taxi to go from the Swan back to POP. There are buses that go from POP to Disney Springs and then from Disney Springs back to the Swan, so the choice is less clear for these rides. It’s probably 50/50 on efficiency, so maybe choose the one you’re most comfortable with. I think the bus drop off location might be closer in Disney Springs than the Uber/Lyft/Taxi drop off spot, but if there is a long wait for the bus, then walking a bit farther isn’t a bad choice. https://www.uber.com/drive/orlando/venues/disney-springs/

Thanks so much! I think combo sounds like the way to go!

Do you have a reservation at the swan/dolphin kid’s club? Lots of places say they open at 5:30?

Yes, we have a reservation. I think we can drop off at 4:30. We made a late dinner reservation so we could take our time getting ready, maybe explore DS a bit before dinner or have drinks somewhere first.

A few places say it opens at 5:30 but I guess it is 5:00. ?