About the Washington, D.C. category

Our Nation’s capital (if you’re in the US) and the latest destination covered by TouringPlans. Read here about The Unofficial Guide to Washington, D.C., and ask questions about visiting.

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, as well as to establish any category guidelines or rules.

Some things to consider in any discussion replies below:

• What is this category for? Why should people select this category for their topic?

• How is this different than the other categories we already have?

• Do we need this category?

• Should we merge this with another category, or split it into more categories?

You’re book is a good idea. My hubby and I went once in January to see the Georgia O’Keefe exhibit. The National Zoo was empty and it is free. The panda was happily stripping leaves off a rather sizable bamboo stalk. Many of the animals were active because it was cold. I believe there may have been some snow on the ground.

We were also there to see the Olympic preliminary soccer game at RFK stadium. That was when our senator got us white house tickets and also had his intern give us a tour of the Capitol building.

I have been on there with school and scouting trips and wrapped up our Virginia civil war trip nearby and visited a friend in the city. I plan hotels by proximity to a subway station. I haven’t seen the book yet but I sure it is a big help in one of the least expensive cities to visit.

Hello, we are looking to visit DC this spring. Saw the Unofficial Guide dated 12/2019 on Amazon. Are there any updates published or planned for the DC Guide or should I go ahead and buy the 2019 version? (Long-time TP subscriber for WDW!) Thanks!

1 Like